The Student Room Group

Good and affordable earphones?

^^ NOT headphones.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edit:
Budget- £30
Comfortable and don't come off easily (I have small ears haha)
Good sound quality
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jdijx
^^ NOT headphones.

Can we have an actual budget please?
Reply 2
Sorry. Won't be spending any more than £30.
Whenever I buy skull candy earphones they usually last for 2-4 months, but I would recommend to go after Marley earphones for sure as the wires on the exterior are not plastic and I've had these for like a year now.
I would just recommend Pondland (or an equivalent shop) for earphones. I wouldn't say they're good quality, obviously, but they last me just as long as expensive earphones :smile:
Original post by jdijx

seinneheiser do good ones for about £15, they come in a little bag. Mine lasted ages (the only reason they broke is cos i dropped them in my cup of tea :getmecoat:)
Reply 6
Original post by Jeffrey101
Whenever I buy skull candy earphones they usually last for 2-4 months, but I would recommend to go after Marley earphones for sure as the wires on the exterior are not plastic and I've had these for like a year now.

Is the sound quality good? I have small ears as well so do they come with different size buds?
Reply 7
Original post by OvenBakedCookies
I would just recommend Pondland (or an equivalent shop) for earphones. I wouldn't say they're good quality, obviously, but they last me just as long as expensive earphones :smile:

Ahh thanks, but I'm looking for earphones that have good sound quality (my bad for not mentioning that in the OP).
Original post by jdijx
Is the sound quality good? I have small ears as well so do they come with different size buds?

Yeah the sound quality is really good and they come in difference sizes
Original post by jdijx
^^ NOT headphones.

Original post by jdijx

Soundmagic E10, FiiO F3 or 1More Dynamic Driver, all solid choices for around your budget and available on Amazon.
Reply 10
Original post by CoolCavy
seinneheiser do good ones for about £15, they come in a little bag. Mine lasted ages (the only reason they broke is cos i dropped them in my cup of tea :getmecoat:)

Is the sound quality good?
Original post by jdijx
Is the sound quality good?

Sennheiser's prestige in the high end headphone world doesn't fully translate over to their budget offerings, they're decent enough but not the best. All three pairs I listed sound better than similarly priced Senns.
Reply 12
Thanks for the help. I'll see which I prefer in terms of looks.
+1 for the E10s, I'm wearing them now and they're great for all kinds of music. Picked them up in Richer Sounds on recommendation.
Anker soundbuds lite/life
What kind of shape fit your ears and are best for you? The round ones, the rounds ones (with a hole in the middle) or the apple type? The apple earphones are the only ones I can use to be honest
Reply 16
Original post by NotYourAuntCarol
What kind of shape fit your ears and are best for you? The round ones, the rounds ones (with a hole in the middle) or the apple type? The apple earphones are the only ones I can use to be honest

Good question. I tend to go for the style of apple earphones because they usually stay inside my ear but I know that you can get different sized buds for the earphones with the whole in the middle so I feel like they'd equally be as fine.

I used to have a pair similar to apple earphones but they were really uncomfortable and I couldn't wear them for a long period of time because they would cause my ear to ache. This was due to no budding support though (usually they have a fluffy layer of bud on top).

Lmfao I'm starting to realise maybe I should've mentioned this all in OP...
Reply 18
I've had a pair of Sony earphones that have lasted me at least 5 years and the sound quality is still great. I would recommend any Sony earphones. I think they go as low as £5,
Reply 19
Original post by Zoiona
I've had a pair of Sony earphones that have lasted me at least 5 years and the sound quality is still great. I would recommend any Sony earphones. I think they go as low as £5,

Yeah used to have a pair of white/blue ones a LONG time ago but lost them. I can't remember whether they came with a fluffy bud over the top of the plastic though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending