The Student Room Group

thoughts??

how did yall who did a levels find business , law and sociology??im doing these subjects in college next year so just seeing how hard it is
Original post by Fayzan_Ali
how did yall who did a levels find business , law and sociology??im doing these subjects in college next year so just seeing how hard it is
Hard is subjective. Some people find it harder than others and it varies by exam board as well.:smile:
Original post by 04MR17
Hard is subjective. Some people find it harder than others and it varies by exam board as well.:smile:

How did you find it ?
How did you find it ?
I did none of these subjects I'm afraid. If you use the TSR search tool and type in "TSR Business Forum Study Help" then click on the first link, you may find a stuck thread explaining what is involved for that A Level subject. Then do the same for sociology and Law.:smile:
Thanks g
Thanks g
Welcome. :erm: H. :dontknow:

I did AQA Business (new spec) to AS and AQA Law (old spec) to A2. Business wasn't that hard for me, the trickiest part was probably learning how to properly analyse and evaluate and say what impacts such and such a thing would have on the business in question (beyond just giving an example of an effect, you need to properly go through all the ramifications you can think of). Other than that, it was mostly learning formulas and knowing some basic maths. I wouldn't worry about the maths content (if you are), it's mostly simple calculations and if you can meet the course entry requirements you will be fine.

I thoroughly enjoyed Law. It mostly consists of remembering rules and cases that illustrate the application of the rules. Exams generally consist of 'problem questions' where you are presented with scenarios and have to identify the offences or the claims that can be made (depending on the area of law in question). You have to go through the rules that you have learnt thoroughly while using the cases to show how things would go in the case it hand in terms of whether person x would be able to use defence y, for example in the case of criminal law.
Original post by CatusStarbright
I did AQA Business (new spec) to AS and AQA Law (old spec) to A2. Business wasn't that hard for me, the trickiest part was probably learning how to properly analyse and evaluate and say what impacts such and such a thing would have on the business in question (beyond just giving an example of an effect, you need to properly go through all the ramifications you can think of). Other than that, it was mostly learning formulas and knowing some basic maths. I wouldn't worry about the maths content (if you are), it's mostly simple calculations and if you can meet the course entry requirements you will be fine.

I thoroughly enjoyed Law. It mostly consists of remembering rules and cases that illustrate the application of the rules. Exams generally consist of 'problem questions' where you are presented with scenarios and have to identify the offences or the claims that can be made (depending on the area of law in question). You have to go through the rules that you have learnt thoroughly while using the cases to show how things would go in the case it hand in terms of whether person x would be able to use defence y, for example in the case of criminal law.

Thanks for the detailed response. From what you say I think business will be good bc I’m great at maths etc and also I love law (watched suits and it’s really interesting) One question I do have is how did you keep on top of memorising everything like the formulas and all the law rules and cases. Thanks
Thanks for the detailed response. From what you say I think business will be good bc I’m great at maths etc and also I love law (watched suits and it’s really interesting) One question I do have is how did you keep on top of memorising everything like the formulas and all the law rules and cases. Thanks

Different people have different strategies, but for me repetition works. The formulas for Business are quite easy as often they're logical and so if you forget them you can sort of work them out based on the information you're given. The other ones you just learn and there's not that many of them.

For Law, I had my cases on flashcards that I would go over. Additionally, by doing practice questions you further memorise the rules as each time you need to go through all the rules methodically. This also helps with learning cases as you learn which case goes with each rule this way. The trick is to use the information and write it out as many times as you can and in as many different ways as you can.

Quick Reply

Latest