Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
deleted post
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2
deleted post
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 3
Hi, I’m interested in applying in the gateway for medicine route and achieved CDE (chem, german, maths)...yes ik its bad but do I still have a chance? These are just AS grades btw.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Mash.123
Hi, I’m interested in applying in the gateway for medicine route and achieved CDE (chem, german, maths)...yes ik its bad but do I still have a chance? These are just AS grades btw.

Hi! That's not bad! :smile:
I suggest looking at the entry requirements for gateway to medicine entry and maybe you can contact the university by email and ask them :smile:
I think (but I'm not sure) universities look at predicted grades so if you can maybe get predicted 3Cs i guess it would be fine :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Francesco8801
Hi! That's not bad! :smile:
I suggest looking at the entry requirements for gateway to medicine entry and maybe you can contact the university by email and ask them :smile:
I think (but I'm not sure) universities look at predicted grades so if you can maybe get predicted 3Cs i guess it would be fine :smile:

Thanks. I think I can probs be predicted ABB maybe, if not ABC.
Reply 6
Hi Bristol at the moment is my first choice however our school was one of the unlucky ones that took As exams. I did awful and got ABC which is totally uncharacteristic having recieved 10a* and 2a at gcse. My fourth subject didn't offer an As But My mock was an A which I am carrying on with next year. Do you think my poor As will badly impact my application if most other aspects are fairly strong ?
Reply 7
Original post by Zarx662
Hi Bristol at the moment is my first choice however our school was one of the unlucky ones that took As exams. I did awful and got ABC which is totally uncharacteristic having recieved 10a* and 2a at gcse. My fourth subject didn't offer an As But My mock was an A which I am carrying on with next year. Do you think my poor As will badly impact my application if most other aspects are fairly strong ?

Hi! My school took AS too :smile:
I suggest to take a look at the minimum entry requirements for the course. For medicine they are AAA so I'm not sure they will accept you with an ABC to be honest. However, because the other aspects of your application are strong, I would contact the university and ask them any queries you have! :smile:
Good luck!
Reply 8
Original post by Francesco8801
Hi! My school took AS too :smile:
I suggest to take a look at the minimum entry requirements for the course. For medicine they are AAA so I'm not sure they will accept you with an ABC to be honest. However, because the other aspects of your application are strong, I would contact the university and ask them any queries you have! :smile:
Good luck!

My predicted grades are AAA I just wonder about the weighting of As results compared to gcse results as most schools don't do them now :smile: Good luck to you too !!
How much do Bristol look at UKCAT? I'm predicted AAA or A*AA and did AS (got AAAAA in it)

im just worried for my ukcat
Reply 10
Original post by Zarx662
My predicted grades are AAA I just wonder about the weighting of As results compared to gcse results as most schools don't do them now :smile: Good luck to you too !!

Universities usually do not look at AS, but at predicted grades instead. However, AS results are usually used to make predicted grades :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by RickHendricks
How much do Bristol look at UKCAT? I'm predicted AAA or A*AA and did AS (got AAAAA in it)

For 2019 entry, Bristol relies heavily on the UKCAT.
The admissions process page states that at the first stage they pass candidates which have or exceed the minimum entry requirements for entry. Then candidates who pass to the next stage are ranked based on their UKCAT score and the top 15-20% are invited to an interview (MMI style)
Original post by Zarx662

All you have to do is get predicted 3A's for A2 and have some useful work experience in tou PS as well as an A in math and C English GCSE. Then most importantly score quite high on UKCAT, preferably over 685 and sjt band 2 at least. With these according to the selection criteria you should be selected for an interview
Reply 13
They say they do not consider SJT on their admission guideleines
Also can I apply to Bristol (5 year course) with chemistry, german and maths?
Reply 15
Original post by Chibuchi
All you have to do is get predicted 3A's for A2 and have some useful work experience in tou PS as well as an A in math and C English GCSE. Then most importantly score quite high on UKCAT, preferably over 685 and sjt band 2 at least. With these according to the selection criteria you should be selected for an interview

Thankyou !! A* in Maths gcse and A in further ( B at As but dropping it ) As for English I Got a 9 and an 8. Hoping my ukcat is above 700 as that is what I'm averaging with medify but only time will tell
Original post by RickHendricks

I think Bristol rely mostly on personal statement and not much on UKCAT
Also can I apply to Bristol (5 year course) with chemistry, german and maths?

Yeah definitely. I dont do biology as well, but I do maths and physics
Original post by Zarx662
Thankyou !! A* in Maths gcse and A in further ( B at As but dropping it ) As for English I Got a 9 and an 8. Hoping my ukcat is above 700 as that is what I'm averaging with medify but only time will tell

When is your exam ?
Reply 19
I think Bristol rely mostly on personal statement and not much on UKCAT

This was for the past years. For 2019 entry Bristol relies heavily on the UKCAT

Latest

Trending

Trending