The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hahaha I know many Arians, and they are all headstrong (to the extent of stubbornness, definitely Bhaal!), a bit selfish, driven, very energetic and competitive. They make good conversation (if a bit controversial, their stubborn streak is responsible for this), and once they stop thinking about themselves they make good friends. Both Arians and Scorpions are ruled by Mars (well Scorp is part-ruled by Pluto as well) so we have a fair bit in common.
Reply 21
ZJuwelH
Hahaha I know many Arians, and they are all headstrong (to the extent of stubbornness, definitely Bhaal!), a bit selfish, driven, very energetic and competitive. They make good conversation (if a bit controversial, their stubborn streak is responsible for this), and once they stop thinking about themselves they make good friends. Both Arians and Scorpions are ruled by Mars (well Scorp is part-ruled by Pluto as well) so we have a fair bit in common.

So your evil too, eh??? lol. :biggrin:
Reply 22
Expression
OK so this was posted whilst I was posting my previous post on here (must learn to type quicker!).

I try to do things on this board in a professional manner due to the nature of the moderators role; maybe this is detrimental in the type of posts I make when questions of opinion, as opposed to fact, come about.

Restless, yes just lately, struggling to sleep (2 1/2 hrs last night, through no fault of my own).

Merry; I'm satisfied in myself, what work I'm doing academically, and in the basketball sense, and keep that backed up with social activities too.

I do try to express my general feelings about something, but mainly only when prompted to do so - and when I am prompted, I can talk...

As for dreamy ambitions - I'm not totally sure where my career may take me, somewhere financial I anticipate; more specifics I don't know - so rather than dreamy, hazy may be more accurate !

Generally a pretty accurate description, well impressed.

<Takes a bow> I thank you. You play basketball? What position?
Reply 23
Bhaal85
So your evil too, eh??? lol. :biggrin:

Hahaha!
Only if wronged Bhaal, yes I can be evil. You would not want to betray my trust because I will make you sorry!
Reply 24
Are arians also a bit of an exaggerator asometime, u know get carried away by things?
Reply 25
so what are scorpians like?
Reply 26
BABOON
Are arians also a bit of an exaggerator asometime, u know get carried away by things?

A bit ahead of themselves on occasion, yes. My best friend and three other mates are Rams, so I have a fair idea of the Arian characteristics!
Reply 27
ZJuwelH
Hahaha!
Only if wronged Bhaal, yes I can be evil. You would not want to betray my trust because I will make you sorry!

hahaha. Just like me, loyalty plays an important role and my family is the most important thing to me.
ZJuwelH
<Takes a bow> I thank you. You play basketball? What position?

Hmmm don't play - my position? Scorers table ! :tongue:

Did my first ever BBL game between Sharks/Riders last night, after 4 years officiating the NBL/EBL and Local Leauges;

A nice easy piece of timekeeping - a doddle of a £24 :biggrin: - god the Riders are garbage - can't believe Billy Mims has been in that job for so long after winning just 1 game in a year, Sheffield Sharks won by 30, 84-54 with Sharks playing their bench from the 8th minute of the 1st quarter.
Reply 29
BABOON
so what are scorpians like?

Secretive. Laid back. The sexiest sign (huh, yeah right :frown:). Mentally strong and we find it easy to hide our feelings. Capable of living a double life (amen!), very good analysts with almost X-Ray vision. You couldn't tell but our emotions are very intense. If we are betrayed we are very vengeful, and since we are psychological masters we know exactly the best revenge to apply. But keep a Scorpio sweet and you have a comitted friend for life.
Reply 30
Expression
Hmmm don't play - my position? Scorers table ! :tongue:

Did my first ever BBL game between Sharks/Riders last night, after 4 years officiating the NBL/EBL and Local Leauges;

A nice easy piece of timekeeping - a doddle of a £24 :biggrin: - god the Riders are garbage - can't believe Billy Mims has been in that job for so long after winning just 1 game in a year, Sheffield Sharks won by 30, 84-54 with Sharks playing their bench from the 8th minute of the 1st quarter.

Oh right! I kept score in a game once, I remember having to circle the only three-pointer in the game to make sure it wasn't interpreted as a mistake. You get paid?! Jammy sod, I would love to do that for pay!
Reply 31
ZJuwelH
Secretive. Laid back. The sexiest sign (huh, yeah right :frown:). Mentally strong and we find it easy to hide our feelings. Capable of living a double life (amen!), very good analysts with almost X-Ray vision. You couldn't tell but our emotions are very intense. If we are betrayed we are very vengeful, and since we are psychological masters we know exactly the best revenge to apply. But keep a Scorpio sweet and you have a comitted friend for life.

*lends some sugar*
Reply 32
Bhaal85
*lends some sugar*

I almost didn't get that. Keeping me sweet?
ZJuwelH
Oh right! I kept score in a game once, I remember having to circle the only three-pointer in the game to make sure it wasn't interpreted as a mistake. You get paid?! Jammy sod, I would love to do that for pay!

Saves working behind a bar or the student employer that is McDonalds (no offense intended to any bar staff or MaccyD's people, I just know I'd rather watch top class basketball and be paid for it, than ask people if they want to make it SuperDuperSize for 70p more)

Yeh, I get paid, and quite nicely too, they are sending me to the Lilleshall National Sports Centre, this weekend to officiate on a residential weekend (meals and drinks free), for England Schools Basketball (U14 Girls Tourney); which they are paying for my first class train Virgin Trains service from Sheffield to Wolverhampton (return).

Next week I've got:

Wednesday.

BUSA
Sheffield University Men vs Leeds University
£10
BUSA
Sheffield Hallam University Men 1sts vs Loughborough University
£10

Saturday

England Basketball League Division Three - North
University of Sheffield Arrows vs North East Wales
£16
England Basketball League Division One
City of Sheffield Arrows vs Solent Stars
£20

(All travel expenses are paid for me too).

This and the local league here in Sheffield hasn't started yet !
Reply 34
You are so lucky Expression! How'd you get that job???
ZJuwelH
You are so lucky Expression! How'd you get that job???

Started out as a supporter of Mansfield Express (hense the name Expression), I travelled to the Division Three Championship Finals in Doncaster with the club supporters bus (aged 14), and my old PE teacher who helps the club out with matchday set up asked me if I wanted to get involved with the club.

The following season, I produced a monthly fanzine, and gained the required sponsorship for ink and paper, to make it viable.
This was used as my GCSE IT coursework, and gained me a Grade A.

That off season, one of the regular table officials left the club to go to University, and they saw a gap, I took on the challenge of filling that gap, and went for two days training at Notts Trent Uni (aged 15), to gain the qualification that allowed me to officiate at this level. I passed.

As well as the officiating work I wrote the matchday programme, (which was now being printed at no expense to the club by West Notts College after submitted the files for it), for two seasons.

After 18 months officiating, I took another two day training, to take me up to Level 3 (the highest level currently on offer), and this I passed, and gives me the chance to officiate England Internationals, National Cup Finals, BBL games, and Division One ties.

Some day in the future, it may be far away, I hope to officiate domestic based England Internationals, then the Commonwealth Games, and the ultimate in the end would be Olympics.

In the meantime, by the time I graduate, I would like to think that I will have officiated the BBL Championship Final or the BBL Trophy Final which is normally held at the HallamFM Arena here in Sheffield. Just a matter of time.

Am I lucky to get this job ? Yes. Is it a profession ? No. But does it keep the money rolling in enough for me to breathe a little easier ? Yes.

And at that I'm quite satisfied.
Reply 36
Amen, doing something you enjoy for money is the ultimate bliss. Hmm might consider going down that road when I get to uni. If I'm not too busy playing the sport that is :biggrin:. I play in the guard position by the way, not a skill man but my bulk and height makes me useful under either net (particularly the attacking end, I have scored many easy points by collecting rubbish shots and beating defenders for height before simply pushing the ball into the net). Haven't played competitively in ages though.
Reply 37
Bhaal85
Could you give me info about ARIES??? :biggrin:

Aries is the best.
Reply 38
Lord Huntroyde
Aries is the best.

NICE TO SEE YOU LORD HUNTROYDE HOW ARE YOU TODAY?
Reply 39
Original post by Bhaal85
Could you give me info about ARIES??? :biggrin:

What does the letter say? If it's giving you a fine then pay it.

You won't be kicked off your course.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending