The Student Room Group

On the road to 9s and A*A* Maths/FM

Scroll to see replies

It's been a while since I updated this though I speak regularly to some of the people here :colonhash:

Recent updates:

So Easter started and I've been doing a lot of work... only for sciences and Maths so I'll need to work on that. I've also been doing a lot of Chemistry - done quite a bit of Chemistry with my brother and I've started AS Chemistry 5 days ago. I'm on module 3 on Hess' Law so I think I'm going to finish it this Easter and hopefully A2 content by May 5th. I'm then (if I finish by then) going to ask to sit A level Chemistry as well - exam board OCR A :biggrin:

In terms of GCSEs, I've finished Chemistry revision and will hopefully finish the 3 sciences, Maths (past papers) and revision for most of my GCSEs. I will have ~4 weeks after Easter to revise (I will do a week on English Lit/Lang, a week on Psychology/Computing, a week on French/English and a final week cramming for my first exams). I will then recap everything after as I go. Can't wait for exams :tongue:

For Chemistry A level, I'm using many resources that can be useful to people:
- chemsheets for practice
- savemyexams
- OCR year 1 and year 2 textbook (content + practice)
- past papers
- machemguy
- allery chemistry

On a side note, hate year 11 so much - the useless teachers, boring lessons, terrible year group (>half are "roadmen":wink:
AS chemistry:woo: sounds interesting.
awww that’s nice that your brother helps rip me with younger siblings who can’t help me with any of my subjects:cry:
That sounds like a good plan for revising after Easter, I hope it works out for you!
Have you done your French speaking exam yet?
I agree so much about year 11, it sucks. Revision every lesson is so boring (and I’ve not got study leave so it’s not like I’ve only got to survive a couple more weeks:sadnod:)
And the people in my year:rant: don’t get me started...:biggrin:
AS Chemistry! My g that's how it's done.

I started reading ahead on Chem in Y10 and 11 too on AS, I didn't get to sit the A Level but I did get bumped to A2, you'll come to really love the content they have to offer at A2 too (though I was AQA), especially stuff on Organic. I highly recommend Chemguide on top. Chemistry as an A Level is so much more fun than Physics, at AS really, A2 is much harder to call.

I presume you're doing Physics right? Though I don't think you'll need to read much on that one since half of it is M1 :rofl:
I very much highly doubt they will let you just sit a-level chemistry like that.
Original post by black1blade
I very much highly doubt they will let you just sit a-level chemistry like that.

Meh, if he's paying I'd doubt they'd care either way
Original post by Kyber Ninja
Meh, if he's paying I'd doubt they'd care either way

Idk if there's a deadline for entering exams though.
Original post by black1blade
Idk if there's a deadline for entering exams though.

There is - you can still enter now, but will have to pay a late entry tariff
Reply 247
What exam questions do you use for Biology, Chemistry and Physics? Because I’ve done the specimen papers and the CGP practise questions and I’m struggling to find other 9-1 style exam questions. I find the old past papers are slightly easier (don’t have all the content obviously) and aren’t the same style. Or how else are you revising for those subjects to get all 9s?
Original post by thekidwhogames
It's been a while since I updated this though I speak regularly to some of the people here :colonhash:

Recent updates:

So Easter started and I've been doing a lot of work... only for sciences and Maths so I'll need to work on that. I've also been doing a lot of Chemistry - done quite a bit of Chemistry with my brother and I've started AS Chemistry 5 days ago. I'm on module 3 on Hess' Law so I think I'm going to finish it this Easter and hopefully A2 content by May 5th. I'm then (if I finish by then) going to ask to sit A level Chemistry as well - exam board OCR A :biggrin:

In terms of GCSEs, I've finished Chemistry revision and will hopefully finish the 3 sciences, Maths (past papers) and revision for most of my GCSEs. I will have ~4 weeks after Easter to revise (I will do a week on English Lit/Lang, a week on Psychology/Computing, a week on French/English and a final week cramming for my first exams). I will then recap everything after as I go. Can't wait for exams :tongue:

For Chemistry A level, I'm using many resources that can be useful to people:
- chemsheets for practice
- savemyexams
- OCR year 1 and year 2 textbook (content + practice)
- past papers
- machemguy
- allery chemistry

On a side note, hate year 11 so much - the useless teachers, boring lessons, terrible year group (>half are "roadmen":wink:

Wow! So now you are going to do maths, fm and chemistry a level in year 11! And your planning on learning all the content for chemistry a level in just one month!?
Original post by peeked
Wow! So now you are going to do maths, fm and chemistry a level in year 11! And your planning on learning all the content for chemistry a level in just one month!?

Forgot about this - gotta reply to others
And no :frown: Deadline is gone for my school so I'll take Chemistyr at end of year 12 (the a level without the lesson) so I can take more A levels next year :frown:
Forgot about this - gotta reply to others
And no :frown: Deadline is gone for my school so I'll take Chemistyr at end of year 12 (the a level without the lesson) so I can take more A levels next year :frown:

But you're still doing maths and fm a-level aren't you? And also how many hours do you work per day and weekend, out of interest?
So, did you get the A* in A-level maths? :smile:
Original post by Tolgarda
So, did you get the A* in A-level maths? :smile:

Yeah, I forgot about this thread :tongue:
Reply 253

Lmao you forgot about your thread.

Noice. Congratulations! You're clearly precociously bright with maths! Good luck with your GCSE results as well. Do keep us updated for GCSE results day haha.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending