The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Volibear
"We will rank applicants according to the quality of their degree result, giving preference to those with a 1st class mark, but we expect also to consider those who have achieved a result at the upper end of the 2:1 range. Secondary school qualifications are used to discriminate between applicants. In particular, we expect very good results in Science, English and Mathematics. As a guide our A level threshold requirements are BBB, though these grades may be raised through competition."

Xx
Original post by lmaooome
You just have to get at least a 2:1 x

Love you x
Original post by Volibear
"We will rank applicants according to the quality of their degree result, giving preference to those with a 1st class mark, but we expect also to consider those who have achieved a result at the upper end of the 2:1 range. Secondary school qualifications are used to discriminate between applicants. In particular, we expect very good results in Science, English and Mathematics. As a guide our A level threshold requirements are BBB, though these grades may be raised through competition."

Thank you :smile: I appreciate it
Original post by roseprincessx
Love you x

Ly too x don’t worry babe you’ll pull through
Original post by roseprincessx
Are A levels taken into great consideration?

I have friends who got in and one who got rejected, her email basically said that due to the competition they only considered those with AAA in alevel, in terms of the uni grade it is highly preferable for a 1st as well
Original post by lmaooome
Ly too x don’t worry babe you’ll pull through

I do hope so x
Original post by gradmedic2
I have friends who got in and one who got rejected, her email basically said that due to the competition they only considered those with AAA in alevel, in terms of the uni grade it is highly preferable for a 1st as well

Thank you
I am in final year of Biomedical Sciences degree and am predicted a First. Is it true that I can't apply in this cycle to start in Sep 2019 and have to wait till i finish my degree?
Reply 28
Original post by Mathsbuzz
I am in final year of Biomedical Sciences degree and am predicted a First. Is it true that I can't apply in this cycle to start in Sep 2019 and have to wait till i finish my degree?

You can still apply bud. But due to competition, preference is given to those whom have already achieved their degree certificate.
Original post by Mathsbuzz

Their FAQ specifically says they prefer candidates that have their achieved degree already so don’t apply if you haven’t no matter what. You can apply but it’s highly likely you’ll get rejected because of that.
Their FAQ specifically says they prefer candidates that have their achieved degree already so don’t apply if you haven’t no matter what. You can apply but it’s highly likely you’ll get rejected because of that.

Thought so but wasn’t sure. Thanks for the reply

is that for all grad med unis ??
Reply 32
In last years thread, offers were given to those with degree results still pending. But I imagine those candidates are ones that were predicted a 1st with competitive A-Level grades also.
Original post by FemaleBo55
is that for all grad med unis ??

No, as far as I know only bham was strict
Original post by Jin3011
In last years thread, offers were given to those with degree results still pending. But I imagine those candidates are ones that were predicted a 1st with competitive A-Level grades also.

Most likely, probably had amazing work experience as well and publications
Reply 35
Hey guys,
I have a 1st in Biomedical Sciences but flopped A level, should i still apply to Birmingham ? I'd really appreciate any responses by the end of this month (september)
Reply 36
Original post by Fahu
Hey guys,
I have a 1st in Biomedical Sciences but flopped A level, should i still apply to Birmingham ? I'd really appreciate any responses by the end of this month (september)

Hi Fahu,
We seem to have similar academic achievements and I emailed Birmingham to ask whether I would be eligible to apply for their graduate programme.
I would advise that you do the same but from what they told me is that candidates require higher A-level grades in order to compete with other candidates with high A - level grades and a high degree classification.

I hope that this helps.

Good Luck
what is considered as a high 2:1 though? And do you think they distinguish between a 1st in terms of their actual average? 🧐
Original post by Arimas
I emailed them and I will make my decision accordingly.
Thanks

Did you get an answer regarding this?
Reply 39
Original post by prospectmedic123
Did you get an answer regarding this?

I did
They told me that I wouldn't be able to compete with other candidates who may have A* or As at A-level
So I won't be applying there

Latest

Trending

Trending