The Student Room Group

For all GCSE students doing Science exams in 2019

Hi everyone! If you did Science GCSE's this year you may have used some of my resources in order to revise effectively for the exams.

I have had lot's of PM's saying how effective & useful these were and that has really made me happy :smile:

So, on the side, I decided I might as well make a business out of helping GCSE students, after all, I love helping people. If I can give you resources that bump up your grade & improve your knowledge of the subject, I will feel great.

Here are a few of the things I will be offering this coming year (2018/19):
-Professional Practice Papers
-Full topic videos for each Science paper
-Going through previous exam papers
-How to answer required practicals
-Marking services

The practice papers have been designed in the same format as AQA, the current exam board I can give the best help with.

At the moment, I have created one set for Triple Science Foundation & Higher as well as Combined Science Trilogy Foundation and Higher. Obviously, this has been a lot of work, so the papers will come at a slight cost due to the hours of work put in. A combined science paper will cost 70p and a triple science paper will cost 75p. There will be the chance to buy a full set of Combined and Triple papers, at a reduced price.

There is a real lack of practice papers still for these exams, so with that in mind, I hope they will be helpful. You will be able to buy them on my website, through Amazon & possibly eBay at a very competitive rate.

If you would like to see a snippet of the paper to see the format & style of questions, contact me either through Twitter or here.
My website is still under construction, and I'll report back here when it is live. At the moment you can follow me on Twitter, YouTube & Instagram for all news about GCSE Science Exam Help.

If you have any questions please ask me. I'll be happy to answer any of them.
Thank you!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Any revision techniques for revising science? I'm wanting to make a start with my revision with my spare time over the summer but I'm stuck on where to begin.
Original post by kst_xx
Any revision techniques for revising science? I'm wanting to make a start with my revision with my spare time over the summer but I'm stuck on where to begin.

Hi there :smile: Happy to help.

First of all, I think doing note sheets and flashcards can be very helpful. Things such as organised sheets and flashcards in a folder from B1, B2 etc can be effective as you are ensuring everything is in order and easy to look back on come June 2019.

My past practice papers should be up soon so hopefully, they will help you out with exam-style questions, although I'd save that for before mocks and the real exams.

Also please do not stress out. Have a relaxing summer, enjoy the hot weather and take it easy. If you already have the dedication now, come September there will be nothing stopping you!

Take care,

ABG/GCSE Science Exam Help
Update: Biology papers ready for publishing.
Finishing touches being added to the website and it should be live this evening. I'll post a link soon!
Original post by alphabetagam
Finishing touches being added to the website and it should be live this evening. I'll post a link soon!

Hi,
Any updates on the link?

Thanks,
Imraj
Hi, I've been away so haven't had much time to get it up.

Tomorrow or Friday hopefully.

Thanks!

Hi it is not letting me access the website

I really don’t understand how that’s relevant to triple science
Original post by naimahh14
Hi it is not letting me access the website

Original post by mattlcfc
I really don’t understand how that’s relevant to triple science

You may be wondering why the website has gone offline...currently, I am having problems with my site host on the technical side - it should hopefully be resolved by tomorrow evening at the latest.

PayPal, Credit Cards & Amazon payments will be available by tomorrow, I hope! Then you can start to see what the resources are like
You may be wondering why the website has gone offline...currently, I am having problems with my site host on the technical side - it should hopefully be resolved by tomorrow evening at the latest.

PayPal, Credit Cards & Amazon payments will be available by tomorrow, I hope! Then you can start to see what the resources are like

Oh shi*t wrong thread sorry
Original post by kst_xx

I really recommend the Collins revision guide and workbook if you're on AQA (not sure if they do other exam boards too). The most important things I can say to you are to do loads of practice questions and to use your specifications. Science was probably the easiest subject for me to revise, because unlike subjects such as English, the spec literally tells you everything you need to know. It's easy to highlight it and tick each topic off when you're done. Freesciencelessons' videos on YouTube are great, especially for the required practicals, which I highly recommend learning in detail (as in, know all the steps for each one) as RPs will always come up in each exam and they're easy marks if you know what you're doing. You're lucky in that you'll have a full set of practice papers from 2018 to do, so you'll be in a much better position than we were :smile: good luck
would definitely be interested!
Original post by maisiex10x
would definitely be interested!

Glad to hear it - free stuff for loyal customers as well as all of the free resource above :smile:
Original post by mattlcfc
Oh shi*t wrong thread sorry

No problem :P
Original post by riannon2001
I really recommend the Collins revision guide and workbook if you're on AQA (not sure if they do other exam boards too). The most important things I can say to you are to do loads of practice questions and to use your specifications. Science was probably the easiest subject for me to revise, because unlike subjects such as English, the spec literally tells you everything you need to know. It's easy to highlight it and tick each topic off when you're done. Freesciencelessons' videos on YouTube are great, especially for the required practicals, which I highly recommend learning in detail (as in, know all the steps for each one) as RPs will always come up in each exam and they're easy marks if you know what you're doing. You're lucky in that you'll have a full set of practice papers from 2018 to do, so you'll be in a much better position than we were :smile: good luck

Great advice, your points about knowing the spec is sound.
Great advice, your points about knowing the spec is sound.

Thanks :smile: your resources sound incredible - I wish I'd had them this year! Are you a teacher?
Original post by riannon2001
Thanks :smile: your resources sound incredible - I wish I'd had them this year! Are you a teacher?

Glad to hear it. If you know anyone doing the GCSEs this year - make sure to let them know to spread the word!
Would anyone want hard copies of the paper sent out to you via websites such as eBay or would a download link be preferable? Please let me know, thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest