The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Has anyone who got accepted into Southampton had their accommodation confirmed?

I haven't had my confirmation for accommodation and i was wondering if it was just me or other people haven't aswell

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Same here!

My application status is still: "Received"
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
When I was waiting to hear back from halls it took just under 2 weeks from results day... hopefully they'll have sped it up since, but it wasn't quick!
Reply 3
Original post by Clumby
Same here!

Okay at least it's not just me then :smile:
Original post by anjadeie
I haven't had my confirmation for accommodation and i was wondering if it was just me or other people haven't aswell

I am exactly the same!! Mine has said received for as long as I can remember!!
Reply 5
Hey!! Just got an offer for my accommodation submission today. I had submitted early July. but met my conditions Aug 3rd. Hope you get your response soon!
Reply 6
Just got mine today aswell! Apparently they get sent in batches so that issues can be dealt with smoothly, so I would say if you haven't got anything yet no need to panic.
Reply 7
Do they contact you via email or do you have to keep checking the portal?
Original post by Dussy

I got an email yesterday with my accommodation offer. Not sure whether to accept it though since I’m worried it will be old. It’s in glen eyre Old Terrace, have you visited it?
Reply 9
Original post by Avaflower100
I got an email yesterday with my accommodation offer. Not sure whether to accept it though since I’m worried it will be old. It’s in glen eyre Old Terrace, have you visited it?

Havent visited but you could check the virtual tour?
Original post by Dussy
Havent visited but you could check the virtual tour?

Thanks, I’ve already tried that though and it just shows the rooms in other parts of the complex
Was this not your first choice? What happens if you don’t accept it?
Original post by anjadeie

Original post by Clumby
Same here!

Original post by abigailjessicax
I am exactly the same!! Mine has said received for as long as I can remember!!

Original post by Clumby
Just got mine today aswell! Apparently they get sent in batches so that issues can be dealt with smoothly, so I would say if you haven't got anything yet no need to panic.

Original post by Dussy

Hi everyone!
So yes, the accommodation offers will be sent in batches. First ones went out on Monday and they will keep being sent up until mid-September.

I'd advise you check both your accommodation portal and your email as one may update before the other etc.
Keep looking out for your offers as they expire up to 3 days from the day they arrive to you.

If you have any more queries please tag me!

:happy2: Best of luck !

Original post by Kerrykipling
Was this not your first choice? What happens if you don’t accept it?

If you don't accept it you can reject it and appeal your offer
However if you do this there is no longer an accommodation guarantee and we can't definitely say you will get anything like what you were previously offered.
I got my accommodation offer yesterday! I got Chamberlain, Glen Eyre which was my first choice so I’m happy! They sent an email to my Southampton Uni email that I got when I filled out the enrolment form.
Original post by abigailjessicax
I got my accommodation offer yesterday! I got Chamberlain, Glen Eyre which was my first choice so I’m happy! They sent an email to my Southampton Uni email that I got when I filled out the enrolment form.

This is fantastic news, congratulations on your offer of accommodation, and we look forward to seeing you very soon!
Reply 15
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Hi everyone!
So yes, the accommodation offers will be sent in batches. First ones went out on Monday and they will keep being sent up until mid-September.

I'd advise you check both your accommodation portal and your email as one may update before the other etc.
Keep looking out for your offers as they expire up to 3 days from the day they arrive to you.

If you have any more queries please tag me!

:happy2: Best of luck !

If you don't accept it you can reject it and appeal your offer
However if you do this there is no longer an accommodation guarantee and we can't definitely say you will get anything like what you were previously offered.

Although I have received my offer, and accepted it, there has yet to be any mention of specific halls. When will we learn who we are in halls with? Knowing in advance makes it slightly easier to plan what to bring.
Original post by Clumby
Although I have received my offer, and accepted it, there has yet to be any mention of specific halls. When will we learn who we are in halls with? Knowing in advance makes it slightly easier to plan what to bring.

2 weeks before the move in date for your halls
You can check the Facebook Freshers group for this year to find people already allocated!
Anyone know how long the reply will take if you went through clearing?
Original post by 12345username
Anyone know how long the reply will take if you went through clearing?

This may take slightly longer, however, you will still receive an offer of accommodation, as @CheeseIsVeg has mentioned, they can take up until Mid-September. Keep checking your emails and your Accommodation Portal!
Reply 19
Original post by uosaccom
This may take slightly longer, however, you will still receive an offer of accommodation, as @CheeseIsVeg has mentioned, they can take up until Mid-September. Keep checking your emails and your Accommodation Portal!

Are you less likely to get your first or second choice for accommodation if you applied through clearing?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending