The Student Room Group

Am the only one who finds Indian women stuck up?

Discuss.

Sri Lankan’s not at all.

Pakistani women not so much.

Indian , particularly fair skinnned and /or British born, arrogant and conceited.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Discuss.

Sri Lankan’s not at all.

Indian , particularly fair skinnned and /or British born, arrogant and conceited.

Bit unfair comment, every nationality has stuck up people....
yeah it's true

we like our curries SPICY
not really discussion worthy, more of personal preference. I doubt you know enough Indian women to back up your claim.
Discuss.

Sri Lankan’s not at all.

No no more than Arabic women
Reply 5
Original post by Little Popcorns
No no more than Arabic women

Correct .
Original post by Ryanthom100
Bit unfair comment, every nationality has stuck up people....

Thank you.
Discuss.

Sri Lankan’s not at all.

Sri Lankan and Pakistani women are not Indian. Stop putting all of us into one box. And one person/a handful of people cannot define an entire nationality.
(edited 5 years ago)
Correct .

They’re much more like that. And some black and Somalian women.

Okay let’s get out of the racist zone now.

I blame OP.
Reply 9
There are arrogant stuck-up people out there whatever part of the world they're from.

I have lots of Gujarati friends who are great people, but I also knew stuck-up selfish know-it-all Gujarati people. Same goes for South Indians and Punjabi's. India is a big country and probably more diverse than any other Asian country - it's ridiculous to suggest everyone is the same.
there's stuck people every where regradless of nationality, nationality doesn't determine whether a person is arrogant or not.
Most of the Indian girls in my year were stuck up and rude for no reason. And the ones I’ve talked to online. But like, of course not all. One of my friends are Indian and she’s nice.
We are ugly by their standards... 1,000 yrs of inbreeding since 1066
I agree, but not just fair skinned. and its usually the high achieving academic ones.
Discuss.

Sri Lankan’s not at all.

Well that's you generalising women according to their nationality.
People can be stuck up regardless of their nationality.
If you are willing to admit that being rich makes one stuck-up, then there is your answer (though I am not willing to admit that, nor do I think it is correct).

Indians in the UK, on average are the wealthiest or second wealthiest ethnic group in the UK (above the white British but below/equivalent to the Chinese). Some people think that wealth makes people arrogant and stuck up. If you think so, then there's your answer.
Pakistanis are amongst the poorest ethnic groups on average in the UK (along with Bangladeshis) though Sri Lankans are fairly well off, so the wealth hypothesis is moot.

At the end of the day, every ethnic group has its stuck-up people, and its nice people.
Tbh any lighter skin POC is tho
My mum included :s-smilie:
Discuss.

Sri Lankan’s not at all.

lmao im indian a punjabi actually, im fair and ummm I dont think im stuck up lmao
I’m very stuck up and I’m Pakistani

Quick Reply