The Student Room Group

Year 11

Does year 11 go quick? I really wanna get outta that sh**hole and turn 17 and start driving my way to freedom. Also, do you have any tips to make the most of year 11 and how to spend my time wisely and efficiently to make the time go fast.

Scroll to see replies

Bro I have no idea. I’m going into Year 11 too. Apparently it gets worse when we get to A-Levels. Live for the next 2 weeks before hell erupts.
Good luck 😔
I mean at 16 you can drive a moped :tongue:
I've just finished year 11 and yes it does go quick especially from February onwards. To make the most of Year 11 work hard. That is not necessarily revising as soon as you start the year but simple things such as making sure your notes are clear, maybe utilising Quizlet for gradual memory etc. as that will mean later on it will be easier. Chances are you will want to procrastinate especially up to and during exam season but working gradually and putting effort in will make Year 11 slightly easier and happier. You can go out and have fun but do things in moderation, the Year 11 summer is longer than other years so you have plenty of time then - that can be motivating., especially if you plan things to look forward to. Also, please revise fore your mock exams as again it makes revising for the real ones easier.
Hope this helps and if you have any other questions, I can give my best advice :smile:
Original post by Bill Nye
I mean at 16 you can drive a moped :tongue:

there isnt really any point in buying a moped just for 1 year. Id rather have a car cos of how much more useful it is and the fact that no one in my family drives and i fkin hate using public transport just to go to simple places like Asda or the hospital. If only this was cali
Original post by jennifugh
I've just finished year 11 and yes it does go quick especially from February onwards. To make the most of Year 11 work hard. That is not necessarily revising as soon as you start the year but simple things such as making sure your notes are clear, maybe utilising Quizlet for gradual memory etc. as that will mean later on it will be easier. Chances are you will want to procrastinate especially up to and during exam season but working gradually and putting effort in will make Year 11 slightly easier and happier. You can go out and have fun but do things in moderation, the Year 11 summer is longer than other years so you have plenty of time then - that can be motivating., especially if you plan things to look forward to. Also, please revise fore your mock exams as again it makes revising for the real ones easier.
Hope this helps and if you have any other questions, I can give my best advice :smile:

Thanks for the advice, i really appreciate your time put in to write this answer and i will try my best to implement these tips into my last year of jail and make the most out of it. ty :smile:
I'd say Y11 goes quick but at the same I'd say it is a smooth ride where by at that time you'd have good relations with your teachers and there will be gradually less homework
yeah, it flies by! felt like i blinked and i was doing my gcses:cry: you want to make use of your time efficiently, make sure all your revision resources are done and make the effort to revise for mocks.
Year 11 is okay. I feel like it’s the year that drains your passion for a lot of subjects because of how bland some of the specifications are. There’s a lot more work than year 10. I’d advise revising thoroughly for every test, as this will make revision later on a LOT easier. Prom and Leaver’s Day are fun. Try not to get involved with drama and please leave all toxic friends behind! Try not to stress because although GCSEs are hard (not gonna sugercoat it) you’ll get through it! Good luck, I hope you have a fantastic year! :biggrin:
Original post by Murrinn123
Year 11 is okay. I feel like it’s the year that drains your passion for a lot of subjects because of how bland some of the specifications are. There’s a lot more work than year 10. I’d advise revising thoroughly for every test, as this will make revision later on a LOT easier. Prom and Leaver’s Day are fun. Try not to get involved with drama and please leave all toxic friends behind! Try not to stress because although GCSEs are hard (not gonna sugercoat it) you’ll get through it! Good luck, I hope you have a fantastic year! :biggrin:

ty
Original post by entertainmyfaith
yeah, it flies by! felt like i blinked and i was doing my gcses:cry: you want to make use of your time efficiently, make sure all your revision resources are done and make the effort to revise for mocks.

whens the best time to start revising?
Reply 11
Quickest year of my life.
Original post by tahmid011200
Does year 11 go quick? I really wanna get outta that sh**hole and turn 17 and start driving my way to freedom. Also, do you have any tips to make the most of year 11 and how to spend my time wisely and efficiently to make the time go fast.

When I did year 11, it felt like it went in a blink of an eye. Even the head of year said it’ll go quick! I would suggest using your time efficiently in terms of revision and any coursework that stills need completing, etc. Make the most out of revision sessions :smile:!

Good luck :smile:
Original post by RazzzBerries
Bro I have no idea. I’m going into Year 11 too. Apparently it gets worse when we get to A-Levels. Live for the next 2 weeks before hell erupts.
Good luck 😔

ik :frown:. You got discord? We can talk about year 11 stress if u like
whens the best time to start revising?

i'd start 'proper' revision around january:dontknow: workload'll be less if you revise for mocks though.
ik :frown:. You got discord? We can talk about year 11 stress if u like

Sorry :frown: I don't. You can PM me on here though.
Reply 16
I’m terrified
I've just left year 11 and yes it does go quickly. With mocks and exams and stuff it does seem to go by really fast and it's a shorter year anyway so it goes quicker anyway.
Prepare for your GCSE's straight after mocks, make sure all you year 10 notes are copied up it will save you time. Do past papers after mocks and stuff.
Also don't get into any beef or unecessary drama you don't need it as you've got GCSES to focus on. Year 11 was like the dark ages for me because I was lazy and stuff, but as long as you work hard then life should be a little bit better. I'm afraid when it comes to A-level it only gets harder, well for some people it doesn't it just depends but generally in imo Alevels aren't any better.
Original post by kekedoyouloveme?
Prepare for your GCSE's straight after mocks, make sure all you year 10 notes are copied up it will save you time. Do past papers after mocks and stuff.
Also don't get into any beef or unecessary drama you don't need it as you've got GCSES to focus on. Year 11 was like the dark ages for me because I was lazy and stuff, but as long as you work hard then life should be a little bit better. I'm afraid when it comes to A-level it only gets harder, well for some people it doesn't it just depends but generally in imo Alevels aren't any better.
will my year 10 books be useful?

Quick Reply