The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Accomodation

Anybody else applied to Nottingham through Clearing and getting slighty worried about accomodation?

Scroll to see replies

Me! I’ve done the request for accommodation form, just waiting to hear back :/
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by cherryblossoming
Me! I’ve done the request for accommodation form, just waiting to hear back :/

exactly the same here, says it would be processed within 7 working days - this doesn’t even include saturday or sunday just gone :frown:
Original post by clegggers
exactly the same here, says it would be processed within 7 working days - this doesn’t even include saturday or sunday just gone :frown:

I called them and he asked me how long it’s been since I sent it. I said it’s been a couple of days and he said I’m on the waiting list then and should probably start looking for private accommodation :/
Reply 4
I called them and he asked me how long it’s been since I sent it. I said it’s been a couple of days and he said I’m on the waiting list then and should probably start looking for private accommodation :/

ahhh that’s not what I wanted to hear :/, wouldn’t even know where to start with private accomodation haha
Reply 5

i called today aswell but recieved different info.

i was told they are still assigning accomdation and will let everyone know end of this week?
Original post by IWBTBEB

i was told they are still assigning accomdation and will let everyone know end of this week?

Yeah - someone else on TSR has said this as well. The guy I spoke too was just really unhelpful, and he didn’t say anything about assigning accommodation. Thank you for letting me know!
Reply 7
Original post by IWBTBEB

that’s reassuring somewhat, when I rejected my firm (Leicester) on results day, I had until today to reject or accept my accomodation. So, IF it’s the same for Notthingham then perhaps they don’t actually know what accomodation is available yet :/ who knows
I filled in the request form on Friday but my application still hasn’t been approved on clearing. I put it on track yesterday so I must be at the bottom of the list.

It’s confusing tho because existing students have told me that Nottingham has so much accomodation. Surely, if they are in clearing there must be space unless the university in general is over subscribed.

I also heard that sometimes 2nd and 3rd years can apply halls that must mean there is A LOT OF UNINACCOMODATION :tongue:
Original post by SuperHuman98
I filled in the request form on Friday but my application still hasn’t been approved on clearing. I put it on track yesterday so I must be at the bottom of the list.

It’s confusing tho because existing students have told me that Nottingham has so much accomodation. Surely, if they are in clearing there must be space unless the university in general is over subscribed.

I also heard that sometimes 2nd and 3rd years can apply halls that must mean there is A LOT OF UNINACCOMODATION :tongue:

These students that have told you there’s a lot of accommodation- how do they know?
Reply 10

The request form as in ‘registering your interest’? Also, noticed today that due to a high volume of accomodation applications / interest, you can no longer register an interest. Not sure what to make of that though.
The request form as in ‘registering your interest’? Also, noticed today that due to a high volume of accomodation applications / interest, you can no longer register an interest. Not sure what to make of that though.

Yeah I filled in the register interest form, that’s what we were supposed to do right? :tongue:
Reply 12
Yeah I filled in the register interest form, that’s what we were supposed to do right? :tongue:

that’s all i’ve done so I very much hope so :colondollar:
These students that have told you there’s a lot of accommodation- how do they know?

They just said in the university of Nottingham area there is a lot of private and uni accomodation, they live there so.

im not going to panic yet... because maybe the uni is waiting for students who missed their place at Nottingham to cancel their contracts?

it just doesn’t make sense to me why the uni would have so many clearing vacancies if they didn’t have accomodation space
They just said in the university of Nottingham area there is a lot of private and uni accomodation, they live there so.

im not going to panic yet... because maybe the uni is waiting for students who missed their place at Nottingham to cancel their contracts?

it just doesn’t make sense to me why the uni would have so many clearing vacancies if they didn’t have accomodation space

Yeah I agree - there must be loads of accommodation left over from people that missed their offers/went to their insurance instead. Notts is just being really slow and disorganised tbh.
Updates: my friend who missed her offer for Nottingham got an email today from them telling her she’ll get her deposit refund soon. Fingers crossed we get allocated accommodation soon!
Reply 16
Updates: my friend who missed her offer for Nottingham got an email today from them telling her she’ll get her deposit refund soon. Fingers crossed we get allocated accommodation soon!

Reassuring to hear, I hope we’ll all be fine because we registered so early - especially as you can no longer apply for accomodation. We may have got in early :colondollar:
Reassuring to hear, I hope we’ll all be fine because we registered so early - especially as you can no longer apply for accomodation. We may have got in early :colondollar:

I registered Friday evening but only today my track confirmed Nottingham. Do you think I will be okay??

This is like the last hurdle before I can finally prepare for uni :tongue:
Reply 18
I registered Friday evening but only today my track confirmed Nottingham. Do you think I will be okay??

I wouldn’t know for sure but as long as you got an email from notts confirming your accomodation interest you should be fine.

I registered interest before being accepted on track as well. It should be fine as when I called clearing hotline to ask if I can still apply for accommodation they told me yes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending