samm01
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
hello im From Italia and i want To study in a economic university with a reasonable price in UK please any suggestion or advice
KJH1
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi, unfortunately UK universities are very expensive, particularly compared to Europe. LSE is a very good economics university but it is in London, so probably too expensive, the same applies to UCL and Imperial. Oxford and Cambridge are worth paying the high costs to live in but are very hard to get into. I’d probably say the most affordable good economics universities would be Warwick, Manchester, Leeds, Durham (if you don’t mind living outside the city) and maybe Loughborough or if you’re thinking about Scotland you could also consider St Andrews
samm01
Rep:
?
thank you very much do you have please any ideas about wrexham glyndwr university ?
KJH1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I think the living costs in that area should be quite affordable, if it has a course that you like then feel free to apply
samm01
Rep:
?
thank youu
ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by samm01)
hello im From Italia and i want To study in a economic university with a reasonable price in UK please any suggestion or advice
Pretty much all universities in the UK are the same price for EU students (you need to check what happens with Brexit arrangements). The cost of living varies a lot however between areas.
Theranis
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Isn't university free for all non-UK EU nationals in Scotland? Edinburgh & Glasgow are great universities. There is nothing reasonably priced in England.
KJH1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Theranis)
Isn't university free for all non-UK EU nationals in Scotland? Edinburgh & Glasgow are great universities. There is nothing reasonably priced in England.
I agree with this, several good universities in Scotland that are just as good and will end up much cheaper, even if living costs are slightly more than some English cities
samm01
Rep:
?
i saw in internet that there is some university that coast £10,500 per year in England is it true?
ajj2000
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i saw in internet that there is some university that coast £10,500 per year in England is it true?
they are not quite that expensive but not far off. You get a loan for this to be paid back when you earn. I'm note sure how good they are at collecting from EU graduates. Can Italian tax authorities collect Italian taxes let alone English ones?
samm01
Rep:
?
what is it a loaan?
ajj2000
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
what is it a loaan?
A loan is when you borrow money - for example of you want to buy a car you might go to a bank and borrow money.

For student loans you sign a contract with the government to say you will pay a percentage (9%) of your salary over a minimum level (around £25,000 a year) to pay back the cost of your course fees plus interest. After a certain number of years (I think 30) you don't need to pay back any more even if you haven't paid back all of the balance. The money is generally collected like a tax through you payments from your employer.

As noted above Scottish universities may be free for you and they have many fine universities. What do you want to study? How strong are your grades?
samm01
Rep:
?
i want To study something that has something To do with the economy im still in high school and this is my last year and im still confused
ajj2000
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i want To study something that has something To do with the economy im still in high school and this is my last year and im still confused
Why not look at the websites for Glasgow, Edinburgh, Dundee and Heriott Watt universities and see if they look interesting?
samm01
Rep:
?
ok I will do it thank you so much for your help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.53%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (12)
14.12%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (16)
18.82%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
10.59%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
34.12%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (16)
18.82%

Watched Threads