The Student Room Group

Has anyone had A-level remarks back from AQA? (2018)

I sent my 3 Biology A-level papers off on the 16th for a remark (non-priority) and was just wondering if anyone had received theirs back and if they'd gone up or down. I understand AQA is suppose to be one of the slowest exam boards when it comes to remarks, but I'm pretty nerve wracked. All the way through the year I achieved A's consistently. However, come results day I achieved a C (2 marks from a B) my teacher opted for a remark straight away. Is anyone else experiencing the same thing?

Scroll to see replies

Yep, there are a few threads. Seen one back from Edexcel but nothing from anyone else
The stress is starting to send me crazy!

(Waiting on AQA History, hoping it goes up by 2 marks)
If it’s non priority though they could keep you waiting till mid September
Reply 3
Original post by BiscuitsAndTea
If it’s non priority though they could keep you waiting till mid September

My teacher told me it would take 2 weeks, but I've read on AQA that it takes up to 20 days or something like that.
I sent off for a priority remark on then 16th for two biology papers, as I’m two marks off my oxford offer, and still have heard nothing. So tired of waiting as I can’t sort any uni stuff out!! How they’re taking a week when it’s meant to be priority I do not know.
Original post by oliviiaaa
I sent off for a priority remark on then 16th for two biology papers, as I’m two marks off my oxford offer, and still have heard nothing. So tired of waiting as I can’t sort any uni stuff out!! How they’re taking a week when it’s meant to be priority I do not know.

Oh my gosh exactly the same situation here! Wishing you the best of luck
Anyone heard anything back yet?? The wait is killing me!
Sent 3 psychology off on results day as priority, told Monday and still waiting now
Reply 8
Original post by oliviiaaa

That's insane I hope they respond soon! When they do let us know.
Me: understands that my exams officer is a normal woman who is not going to be up working in the middle of the night

Also me: *refreshing my email at 1am*
Just got mine, no change
Aw no! I really feel for you :frown: good luck in the future regardless! I’m still waiting on my result
I’m sorry to hear. I sent mine off Thursday (non priority) and it’s driving me crazy waiting! Does it come by post or email?
Just got mine, no change

Sorry to hear that. Don’t give up, there are always options! :smile:
Original post by aspiringbiomedic
Sorry to hear that. Don’t give up, there are always options! :smile:

Thanks guys! I’ve accepted my clearing offer for the same course at Queen’s University Belfast and I’m honestly very happy with that :smile:
Original post by Jacko0101
I’m sorry to hear. I sent mine off Thursday (non priority) and it’s driving me crazy waiting! Does it come by post or email?

It should come by email from your school’s exams office, not sure if you did it as a private candidate though
Ah ok, thank you. Good to hear you can still do your course!
I thought my grade was honestly off by about 10 marks. In biology for the first 2 papers you can pretty much work out your grade from unofficial markschemes. For paper 2 I worked out my mark and was only off by 1 mark compared with my actual mark, but on paper 1 I was off by about 13 marks which makes no sense?

I understand I could have made a mistake too, but 13 marks is a bit steep...

I really hope they've made a mistake...
Something must be up with AQA I Came out of bio paper 2 sure I’ve got 65+ but I’ve got 49. I’ve remarked all three as I need 10 marks cos you never know 🤷*♂️ I’m 3 marks off chem as well ffs, (remarked 1 and 2) someone please say their AQA remark went up 😓😓😓
Thanks guys! I’ve accepted my clearing offer for the same course at Queen’s University Belfast and I’m honestly very happy with that :smile:

It should come by email from your school’s exams office, not sure if you did it as a private candidate though

All the best :smile: Did you send off all your papers for the remark?
Original post by ElizabethMoulson
Has anyone else had anything back from AQA? I sent or for a priority on results day and really need it back asap 😩😓

same position, sent bio and chem, waiting nervously, with my life on a knifeedge (have to reapply otherwise)

Quick Reply

Latest