The Student Room Group

Saudi Arabia to behead female human rights defender

https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/saudis-campaign-woman-risk-beheading-israa-ghomgham-426201683

These are our current allies and recipriant of UK made arms that are targeted at buses full of yemeny school children.

Uk Media: Spends a week long campaign focusing on a wreaf laid by Crobyn at some grave.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It would appear MBS would have to walk into London and behead her majesty before these crackpots in government are forced to admit maybe he isnt as liberal as they like to say he is.
Reply 2
Original post by Napp
It would appear MBS would have to walk into London and behead her majesty before these crackpots in government are forced to admit maybe he isnt as liberal as they like to say he is.
But isn't it Cultural Imperialism to impose our values on them? Surely the British Empire did worse. Shouldn't we respect the laws and traditions of other countries and peoples?
Reply 3
Original post by QE2
But isn't it Cultural Imperialism to impose our values on them?

Who cares?

Surely the British Empire did worse.

I don't recall the British beheading women for having a vagina and demanding not to be treated as vermin?

Shouldn't we respect the laws and traditions of other countries and peoples?

No. Just as I wouldnt respect [and do not respect] the tradition of mutilation of females in Africa, the mutilation of males in the ME and America, head hunting in Asia etc. I see no reason to support a chubby genocidal tyrant whose only claim to fame is his sitting on a lot of black gold.
I honestly wonder how far these people would’ve made it without the oil money if this is the best they can do.
(edited 5 years ago)
Saudi Arabia sucks. Tell me something I don't know.
But they’re rich so it doesn’t matter....?
Reply 7
Original post by Napp
Who cares?
Erm, the Cultural Imperialism Monitoring Committee, obvs.

I don't recall the British beheading women for having a vagina and demanding not to be treated as vermin?
She's being beheaded for breaking the law. As the saying goes "If you want to keep your head, get a hat" or something.

No. Just as I wouldnt respect [and do not respect] the tradition of mutilation of females in Africa, the mutilation of males in the ME and America, head hunting in Asia etc. I see no reason to support a chubby genocidal tyrant whose only claim to fame is his sitting on a lot of black gold.
Is this where I get to call you a bigot for opposing ideology and behaviour that you disagree with but involves Brown Foreigners? :wink:
Reply 8
Original post by QE2
Erm, the Cultural Imperialism Monitoring Committee, obvs.

Oh goodness me...

She's being beheaded for breaking the law. As the saying goes "If you want to keep your head, get a hat" or something.

I can happily say i have never used such a saying.

Is this where I get to call you a bigot for opposing ideology and behaviour that you disagree with but involves Brown Foreigners? :wink:

You may call me what you want, that doesnt mean i'll ever consider the Saudi 'authorities' anything more than rich animals though...
Original post by Napp

her majestys gold isn't exactly clean either
Reply 10
Original post by Napp
Oh goodness me...
Yes, be afraid...

I can happily say i have never used such a saying.
Sadly, I fail to see where happiness comes into it.

You may call me what you want, that doesnt mean i'll ever consider the Saudi 'authorities' anything more than rich animals though...
That description is entirely technically correct.

Do you think it is appropriate to call rural Somalis "deprived animals"?
Reply 11
Original post by AhmarIT
her majestys gold isn't exactly clean either

Remind me where Her Majesty had someones head lopped off for having a front bottom?
Original post by QE2
Yes, be afraid...

Rest assured i am trembling in my slippers

Sadly, I fail to see where happiness comes into it.

It's around i'm sure

That description is entirely technically correct.

Indulge me...?

Do you think it is appropriate to call rural Somalis "deprived animals"?

Appropriateness is not a factor in this. Equally I never once said words to that effect...
Original post by Napp
Appropriateness is not a factor in this. Equally I never once said words to that effect...

https://listverse.com/2014/02/04/10-evil-crimes-of-the-british-empire/
Reply 13

1] check the date
2] show me where she was involved
3] check the date
4] ^^
5] show me where she was involved
6] check the date
7] ^^
8] ^^
9] ^^
10] ^^
Original post by Napp
1] check the date
2] show me where she was involved
3] check the date
4] ^^
5] show me where she was involved
6] check the date
7] ^^
8] ^^
9] ^^
10] ^^

the majesty is responsible for everything that happens under her rule
Reply 15
Original post by AhmarIT
the majesty is responsible for everything that happens under her rule

If you had actually bothered to do some basic maths you would notice she was not ruling under the majority of those events.
Equally, you might want to look up what her role actually is as she most certainly isnt responsible for what governments get up to.
F*cking savages .
Reply 17
One of the benefits of switching to electric is that we will be less reliant on Saudi oil.

Hard to imagine that these people were just a bunch of savages before they drilled for water and found oil by mistake, now they are rich savages.
its disturbing that the most powerful country in the world is behaving this way. especially since our owners will eventually have our state that way to. you do realise though that by pointing this out you have put a red mark against your name forever should you ever achieve any position of prominence or significance you will be labelled literally a Nazi and ostracised from public life. since credit card companies also under Suadi pressure are now denying people credit cards you will likely be denied food at super markets a place to rent or morgtage any form of job and any access to any form of a bank account.

I suggest you live a minimum wage lifestyle from now on and hide in obscurity or learn to live of the grid or else you are trully screwed do you know what happens to those that speak out against our Suadi owners?
Reply 19
Original post by Napp
Indulge me...?
You said the Saudi authorities are "rich animals". This description is technically correct. They are animals (homo sapiens to be precise) and they are wealthy.

Appropriateness is not a factor in this.
Indulge me...?

Equally I never once said words to that effect...
But you would agree that rural Somalis are homo sapiens, most of whom do not enjoy basic utilities and services - or "deprived animals"?

Quick Reply