The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

East london to royal holloway !

Hi guys ! So I’ve got my offer from Royal Holloway to study biology. I was hoping to get a uni in London but for reasons which are too long to explain I didn’t get it. Therefore I got my insurance choice: RH. I live in east London and moving out is not an option for me. I will be travelling there and back everyday 😭 I know it will be tough and it’s going to be draining but I’m prepared to put in the effort.

If your are commuting to royal holloway from east London please message me !! I’m honestly soooo nervous about doing this alone! I hate travelling and trains confuse me so much 😩.

I would love some more information about Royal Holloway and if anyone is currently studying Biology at RH I would love some info about what the timetable is like! Lectures per week ? Days off ? Start and end times ? Placements / lab work ??

Also if someone could please help me out with calculating travel costs I would really appreciate it ! I have no idea what sort of railcard or travel card I should have. I will be traveling from barking to egham station, if I buy a monthly travelcard will that cover ALL my bus / train journeys including south western railway ??

Also does RH have a bus from Egham station to royal holloway ? If so how much does it cost ?

I plan on passing my driving test during this first year and hopefully drive to RH for second and third year of uni. Do they have free parking for students or do you have to pay a parking ticket ? Do they have campus parking ??

I have so many questions and I’m so confused right now! I would honestly appreciate ANY help !!
Original post by Aty100
Hi guys ! So I’ve got my offer from Royal Holloway to study biology. I was hoping to get a uni in London but for reasons which are too long to explain I didn’t get it. Therefore I got my insurance choice: RH. I live in east London and moving out is not an option for me. I will be travelling there and back everyday 😭 I know it will be tough and it’s going to be draining but I’m prepared to put in the effort.

If your are commuting to royal holloway from east London please message me !! I’m honestly soooo nervous about doing this alone! I hate travelling and trains confuse me so much 😩.

I would love some more information about Royal Holloway and if anyone is currently studying Biology at RH I would love some info about what the timetable is like! Lectures per week ? Days off ? Start and end times ? Placements / lab work ??

Also if someone could please help me out with calculating travel costs I would really appreciate it ! I have no idea what sort of railcard or travel card I should have. I will be traveling from barking to egham station, if I buy a monthly travelcard will that cover ALL my bus / train journeys including south western railway ??

Also does RH have a bus from Egham station to royal holloway ? If so how much does it cost ?

I plan on passing my driving test during this first year and hopefully drive to RH for second and third year of uni. Do they have free parking for students or do you have to pay a parking ticket ? Do they have campus parking ??

I have so many questions and I’m so confused right now! I would honestly appreciate ANY help !!

Hi Aty100,

Congratulations on receiving and offer! We can't wait to have you join us in September.

We have a few blog posts on our website that were written by current students including some by Biology student, Billy. You can read his post on what to expect from Biology here.

There is a bus that goes from Egham station to Royal Holloway and it costs £1 each way. If you'd prefer to walk, it's around a 15-20 minute walk. If you decided to drive, you will be eligible for a parking permit to park on campus.

I graduated from Royal Holloway a couple of years ago so if you have any other questions, please let me know!

Susana :smile:
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Hey, I'm starting my first year at RHUL as well! Is there absolutely no way you can get accomodation?
As for second and third year driving I'm going to do the same :smile: I believe there is lots of parking outside the uni which you can get for free and then just walk a short distance!

Sorry I'm not much help for any of the rest of it but thought I would just say hi and see if accomodation is definitely not an option . Feel free to ask any questions about anything and I'll try to help out :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Royal Holloway, University of London
Hi Aty100,

Congratulations on receiving and offer! We can't wait to have you join us in September.

We have a few blog posts on our website that were written by current students including some by Biology student, Billy. You can read his post on what to expect from Biology here.

There is a bus that goes from Egham station to Royal Holloway and it costs £1 each way. If you'd prefer to walk, it's around a 15-20 minute walk. If you decided to drive, you will be eligible for a parking permit to park on campus.

I graduated from Royal Holloway a couple of years ago so if you have any other questions, please let me know!

Susana :smile:

Thank you so much Susana !! I’ll look into the biology posts ! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by spoony2799
Hey, I'm starting my first year at RHUL as well! Is there absolutely no way you can get accomodation?
As for second and third year driving I'm going to do the same :smile: I believe there is lots of parking outside the uni which you can get for free and then just walk a short distance!

Sorry I'm not much help for any of the rest of it but thought I would just say hi and see if accomodation is definitely not an option . Feel free to ask any questions about anything and I'll try to help out :smile:

Yeah I definitely won’t be able to move out due to commitments at home unfortunately :frown: I do know of a couple people who do commute 1.5hr - 2hrs to get to university and they said it can be really stressful and tiring at first but you sort of get used to it. Thank you for help and good luck at uni :smile:
If anyone wants a room I have a double on butler hall I'm looking to give up .
Message me if your interested

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending