The Student Room Group

Heartbreaking TV Moments

What moments stand out to you as being particularly emotional?

2 moments that stand out for me are:

Will’s emotional outburst when his father walks out on him again in the Fresh Prince

and, whilst the Simpsons is light hearted it occasionally has its truly emotional moments, you’d have to be made of stone not to feel anything with Bart’s simple chalkboard message of “We’ll really miss you Mrs. K” after Marcia Wallace’s death in 2013 💔

honourable mention for Homer’s “Do It For Her” sacrifice for Maggie too :frown:
In the Anime One Piece, the death of Ace in Ruffy's arms and on the battlefield, heartbreaking!

In Hellsing Ultimate (anime again), Betnadotte's death when he kissed Seras with his last breath.

In the Anime film the grave of the fireflies, Setsuko's death because of starvation after her elder brother did everything to rescue her, but in vein.

@AngryJellyfish what about you? do you kbow another sad and emotional moments in animes?
(edited 5 years ago)
Megabyte's elimination in This is Fighting Robots. :bawling:

[video="youtube;9bv5TQJAYjY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bv5TQJAYjY[/video]

Original post by Kallisto
In the Anime One Piece, the death of Ace in Ruffy's arms and on the battlefield, heartbreaking!

In Hellsing Ultimate (anime again), Betnadotte's death when he kissed Seras with his last breath.

In the Anime film the grave of the fireflies, Setsuko's death because of starvation after her elder brother did everything to rescue her, but in vein.

@AngryJellyfish what about you? do you kbow another sad and emotional moments in animes?

I'd say you've mentioned three of the biggest - the latter gets me every time.
Original post by AngryJellyfish
(...)
I'd say you've mentioned three of the biggest - the latter gets me every time.

Seriously? you are watching Japanese Robot fights? that is a part of your character I never known before.

There are certainly another sad anime moments. What about Light Yagami's death in the final episode? do you feel a bit pity for him? the piano melody makes me always sad for a while.
Seriously? you are watching Japanese Robot fights? that is a part of your character I never known before.

There are certainly another sad anime moments. What about Light Yagami's death in the final episode? do you feel a bit pity for him? the piano melody makes me always sad for a while.

That series is Chinese actually - I'll watch robot combat series in any language. :biggrin:

I struggle to feel that sorry for Light, he was a full on villain by that point, any shred of 'justice' in his early actions had long since gone.

Hmm,Grave of the fireflies sounds interesting .Will add to my to watch list :smile:.
Original post by bobby147
Hmm,Grave of the fireflies sounds interesting .Will add to my to watch list :smile:.

Yep, it is. But it is so depressing and an anime which is made of sadness. It is impossible not to come in a dismal mood.

Original post by AngryJellyfish
That series is Chinese actually - I'll watch robot combat series in any language. :biggrin:

I struggle to feel that sorry for Light, he was a full on villain by that point, any shred of 'justice' in his early actions had long since gone.

When he got the powers to play and act like a god, he got insane and wrong to believe in justice by killing murderers. He killed the police officers and another innocent people just keep his secret, so at the end he became a 'real' murderer. So I understand, if feeling pity is limited.
Reply 7
Grey's Anatomy - When Meredith realised 'John Doe' was George :cry2: :cry2:
arthur digbys death, holby city
When the the last ever series of the royal ended.
I was heartbroken. I loved that show. It was a quality show.
And even worse, they only ever brought the 1st 2 series out on dvd.
Original post by clouddbubbles
arthur digbys death, holby city

I vaguely remember that.
My mum used to watch holby city at the time ( i did sometimes as well) and she was heartbroken.
Have already mentioned this scene in another thread, but do this here again: the death of the dog Hachi in the film Hachi: A Dog's tale. The way the dog is deceased makes me cry by just still thinking about it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending