The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Can I achieve 2:1 overall?

Hey guys

I've scored 75 in my first two semesters however my dissertation isn't going well.

The passing mark for the same is 50

I was wondering whether I will be awarded an overall 2:1 provided that I score 50 in my dissertation?
Is this for a masters?

What are the weightings for the semesters and disseration?

I go to Nottingham also (undergrad)
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Yes this is for Masters
Credits are distributed equally 60-60-60
Reply 3
Original post by Realitysreflexx
Is this for a masters?

What are the weightings for the semesters and disseration?

I go to Nottingham also (undergrad)

Yes this is for Masters

Original post by Kiedi7
Yes this is for Masters

It would be about a mid 2:1 if i calculated correctly.
Reply 5
Original post by Realitysreflexx
It would be about a mid 2:1 if i calculated correctly.

That's right, my question is even if I score a 2:2 in my dissertation I'm still getting a 2:1 overall right?
Original post by Kiedi7
That's right, my question is even if I score a 2:2 in my dissertation I'm still getting a 2:1 overall right?

You should mathematically, but i would try and score higher, though no one really fails their disseration or at masters in general (notts), the fail rate is low at Nottingham anyways. Your alot more likely to get a 2:1 then anything else.
Hi, it would put you at like a 66/67% overall providing you got 30/60 credits in the dissertation.
If I’ve done it correct lol (2:00am sort of tipsy).
Original post by Sexybadman
Hi, it would put you at like a 66/67% overall providing you got 30/60 credits in the dissertation.
If I’ve done it correct lol (2:00am sort of tipsy).

Exactly what i got 66.6 lol..
Reply 9
Thanks guys, Iwas just confused because I read somewhere at in Uni Of you need a 2:1 in dissertation to get a 2:1 overall
Original post by Kiedi7
Thanks guys, Iwas just confused because I read somewhere at in Uni Of you need a 2:1 in dissertation to get a 2:1 overall

Hi im starting an MSc course @ UoN in September.

Why are your grades, 1st, 2.1, 2.2 not distinction, merit, pass if your @ masters level?

Also, if u can manage a 60% score you'll achieve a 1st... so there's still probably a realistic chance, good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending