The Student Room Group

I only got 7 9s at GCSE :C life ruined

Lel
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
MRW I see one of those thread:

[video="youtube;V856p0yjfEA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V856p0yjfEA[/video]
Reply 2

Spoiler

Reply 3
7 9s are quite disappointing.

30 9s are reasonable.

60 9s are quite good

100 9s are better

1000 9s are almost the best

You can't achieve the absolute best.
Reply 4
(edited 5 years ago)
iswydt
To be fair, unless you are considering Oxford or medicine then I doubt GCSEs matter *that* much.
Heck, they’re not even a deal-breaker when it comes to medicine or Oxford.

If you do well today, congratulations! You worked hard, go celebrate. But if you’ve done badly there’s no need to feel down for long or think you life is ruined. Far from that :wink:
Original post by Bogotá
Just as a heads up if I see any of this kind of posts today, you’re a *******.

Success is relative m8. Get that through your thick skull.
It's inevitable with the number of people aiming for all 9s.
Reply 9
Original post by MagicalMedic
To be fair, unless you are considering Oxford or medicine then I doubt GCSEs matter *that* much.
Heck, they’re not even a deal-breaker when it comes to medicine or Oxford.

If you do well today, congratulations! You worked hard, go celebrate. But if you’ve done badly there’s no need to feel down for long or think you life is ruined. Far from that :wink:

Yeah ikr. I’m an Alevel student anyway but I still get annoyed by the showy offy pricks who clog up the forum
Reply 10
Original post by AdilShaydullin
Success is relative m8. Get that through your thick skull.

Yes, but there’s not one single course or thing you couldn’t do with 7 9s at GCSE lol. Get that through your thick skull.
Honestly, it's okay if grades aren't exactly what you wanted, I don't think it is an accurate description of how you'll do at A level. I ended up with 7 A's and 2 B's, the 2 B's being unexpected and the subjects I wanted to take the year after. They are currently my two strongest A levels with the subject I got an A in at GCSE, History being my most difficult :biggrin: Good Luck and I can assure you, you will go on to do great things no matter what your results!
Reply 12
Original post by _gcx
It's inevitable with the number of people aiming for all 9s.

Haha yeah thy reckon only a few hundred people will get it and I bet £50 that at least 70% of them are on tsr XD
Original post by Bogotá
Haha yeah thy reckon only a few hundred people will get it and I bet £50 that at least 70% of them are on tsr XD

Already heard of a few people. The estimate of 2 was completely off - you're probably right in a few hundred.

Waiting for the first "I got 11 9s is it ok to flex on social media" post.
Original post by Bogotá

Well just checked reddit and :tongue:
Reply 15
Original post by _gcx

Lmfao ofc. Dude got a 3 in friend making tho
Original post by _gcx

You’re on r/6thform right? Your username sounds familiar
Original post by Bogotá
Lmfao ofc. Dude got a 3 in friend making tho

I heard that about 700 people got all 9s. More than I'd have imagined.

Original post by dinomite
You’re on r/6thform right? Your username sounds familiar

yes
Original post by Bogotá
Yes, but there’s not one single course or thing you couldn’t do with 7 9s at GCSE lol. Get that through your thick skull.

Again you're allowed to be surprised and have your opinion on someone being upset with 7 9s, I would think it's pretty strange as well, considering you can do anything with those grades, as you mentioned. However, I don't think it's your right to swear at them and call them whatever you are. My point is, better to keep it to yourself. I'm sorry for the thick skull part, it was uncalled for. I was stressed before getting my results XD. Hope you did well !
i’m ready for the ‘i got all 9’s at gcse AMA’

Quick Reply

Latest