The Student Room Group

Do you Have to sit English Language if you pass English Literature?

I got a 3 in English language but a 4 in English literature. do I have to resit English Language?
(edited 6 years ago)
yes. it's english language that you have to resit if you don't get 4 or above.
Reply 2
yeah because they are two different subjects and as such are independent of each other.
yes employers and colleges do not look at the english literature grade. they do consider it but they they don't base your job/college place on it. they do look at your english language grade and colleges make you resit it and dropp your college degree down to a lower level.
Reply 4
Original post by Giorgio17
yes employers and colleges do not look at the english literature grade. they do consider it but they they don't base your job/college place on it. they do look at your english language grade and colleges make you resit it and dropp your college degree down to a lower level.

i already have an unconditional place on the course. will i have to resit?
yes. you need english to get a job. again, employers look at the language grade and make a decision of that as do universitys
The gov conditions of funding say you need a 4 in Lang OR Lit. Colleges will not b funded for you if you have a 4 in either. Many colleges realise however that uni's and certain college courses may need a 4 if not a 5 in Lang so will be asking students to resit. But in terms of gov requirements it's not expected or funded. There is a chart somewhere I will try to find.
IMG_0888.PNG
No you don’t they take the highest grade for English now so it doesn’t matter.
Original post by Woodsy_1051
No you don’t they take the highest grade for English now so it doesn’t matter.

This is not necessarily true - a lot of things do require a specific grade in english language specifically.

Quick Reply

Latest