The Student Room Group

How many people got all 9's at GCSE?

TITLE

Scroll to see replies

NO, if u did u are gay LOL Xd **** Smart people...
Reply 2
Original post by f_spanish

Guess I'm gay then
Original post by f_spanish

libtars owned gangnam styl .... thius is epic.
732 people exactly. But unfortunately not me.
According to BBC, 732 students got 'a clean sweep of 9's across all their subjects'
Hope this helped!
:biggrin:
I literally was 1 mark off a 9 in chem and physics, sadly i didnt get any 9s xD
Reply 7
Only 732 students managed to get straight 9s according to BBC News -
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-45282518

Anyways congratulations on your achievements if you've collected your GCSE results today.
So proud of my friend she got all 9s 💚
Original post by bluemuffin
So proud of my friend she got all 9s 💚

same - I have a friend who got all 9s too
I'm one of them
Reply 12
Got a grade 9 in History, Edexcel!
i only got 8 but im really pleased as i got 8 or A* in the rest
I know 732 did but the most in my school was 5:teehee:
Original post by REX testing
Guess I'm gay then

What subjects did you do (if you don't mind me asking)? :smile:
Ofqual states that 732 students attained straight 9s in 7 or more subjects. Not exactly sure how many attained straight 9s in all subjects though.

Source: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/735678/GCSE_Infographic_23.8.18.pdf
Original post by Tolgarda
Ofqual states that 732 students attained straight 9s in 7 or more subjects. Not exactly sure how many attained straight 9s in all subjects though.

Source: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/735678/GCSE_Infographic_23.8.18.pdf

Well, that would depend on whether all your gcses were based on the new reformed grading system; some still use A*-G
Original post by somebrick
Well, that would depend on whether all your gcses were based on the new reformed grading system; some still use A*-G

Yes, that's true, but there were students that took more than seven reformed subjects. The figure of 732 is only for the number of students that achieved straight 9s in seven or more reformed subjects. Not necessarily how many attained a clean sweep in all the reformed subjects that they took.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Tolgarda
Yes, that's true, but there were students that took more than seven reformed subjects. The figure of 732 is only for the number of students that achieved straight 9s in seven or more reformed subjects. Not necessarily how many attained a clean sweep in all the reformed subjects that they took.

No. The original facts from Ofqual say:

"we have looked at the number of students taking at least 7 reformed 9 to 1 GCSEs who achieved a grade 9 in all of their 9 to 1 graded subjects. In total, there were 732 students that achieved this".

So they only looked at those who took 7 or more reformed GCSEs and then counted how many of these got a 9 in all of their subjects.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest