The Student Room Group

Will o2 Arena check your age?

Hey, okay so today i bought a ticket for BTS concert on London at the o2 arena. Problem is that im 14. Im going with my friends and her sister who is 19 but we arent sitting together or near, we are just going through the doors together. Will they ask for id or check my age? also I only bought one ticket for myself so i am the 'lead' Booker i guess. Also it says a age restriction where under 15 have to be accompanied by a adult. Do i have to sit next to that adult?
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
in my experience at concerts, as long as you enter through the same gate (there are multiple, so you have to be in the same general area, rather than on opposite sides of the arena) and they check her ID there, you should be fine.
Original post by doks
in my experience at concerts, as long as you enter through the same gate (there are multiple, so you have to be in the same general area, rather than on opposite sides of the arena) and they check her ID there, you should be fine.

Really??? Wow i hope so. have you been to o2 arena before?
Reply 3
Original post by TakenMiracle
Hey, okay so today i bought a ticket for BTS concert on London at the o2 arena. Problem is that im 14. Im going with my friends and her sister who is 19 but we arent sitting together or near, we are just going through the doors together. Will they ask for id or check my age? also I only bought one ticket for myself so i am the 'lead' Booker i guess.

Only thing I can tell you about the o2 is that I have been on top of it before 9DDF22A7-6BAC-4777-8671-1F2876629590.jpg.jpeg
girl you’ll be fine! They won’t check seriously, just make sure that you enter the arena with your friends and her 19 year old sister you’ll be okay!! Even if you don’t enter with them you’ll still be fine. Also congratulations on getting tickets!! It was so hard, I got some today as well but it took agesssss
Original post by allenslegacy
girl you’ll be fine! They won’t check seriously, just make sure that you enter the arena with your friends and her 19 year old sister you’ll be okay!! Even if you don’t enter with them you’ll still be fine. Also congratulations on getting tickets!! It was so hard, I got some today as well but it took agesssss

Oh really??? congrats! What block are you in?
Reply 6
Really??? Wow i hope so. have you been to o2 arena before?

i haven't been to the o2 arena, but i went for an event at the wembley stadium and security was extremely tight as it was a few weeks after the manchester bombing. even for smaller events in the apollo etc. they don't check ID so don't worry!!
Oh really??? congrats! What block are you in?

I’m actually standing! Thing is I’m 15 and I’m not old enough to stand but I accidentally bought those tickets so the reason that I’m on here and read your post is because I’m also wondering if they’ll check id’s as well😂😂 but because you’re sitting down they won’t care at all if you’re under the age
I’m actually standing! Thing is I’m 15 and I’m not old enough to stand but I accidentally bought those tickets so the reason that I’m on here and read your post is because I’m also wondering if they’ll check id’s as well😂😂 but because you’re sitting down they won’t care at all if you’re under the age

well if this is any help to you, i heard that they are more strict on standing tickets. Mostly because its a bit more dangerous there. I assume everyone is not going to bring id, and they cant check everyone id right? Its a bit risky.
Original post by doks

Wait I am at the opposite side of the arena
I’m gonna be literally a weEK away from being 15, but if they try and ID me then I’ll just tag along with some random 18+ y/o 😂
I don’t think they’ll really try and ID you if you’re in the seating area. I think they’re more concerned about the 16+ area because that is quite harshly restricted. Try and wear some makeup or something to look a little older. Good luck 💛
omg me too lol. My birthday is on the 14th and im going on the 9th. Cant believe if it was just a week later i wouldnt have to worry about getting in lol
I believe they’ll ask for your ID. Well I know that BigHit will be making sure there’s hella security checks and **** soooooo they might.
Original post by bangtanxxx2
omg me too lol. My birthday is on the 14th and im going on the 9th. Cant believe if it was just a week later i wouldnt have to worry about getting in lol

Oh are you going without a adult too?
Original post by Jasmiine.xx
I believe they’ll ask for your ID. Well I know that BigHit will be making sure there’s hella security checks and **** soooooo they might.

Lets just hope they don't right? I might just swap tickets with my friends sister who is sixteen so we can all get in and then ill go back to my seat i originally bought
security must have just been on the lazy on the day i went, but i'm 16 and went to see fob this march. they did not ask me or my 18 year old sister for id. i also set off the detector and they searched me before just letting me go without finding anything, not suspicious at all, which surprised me. i obviously meant no harm anyway, i didnt know what set the detector off initially and found out later one of my mystic messenger badges set the detector off with the pin. i just found it odd they didnt ask me to remove my overcoat, because if they had i would have realised and removed it.
Lets just hope they don't right? I might just swap tickets with my friends sister who is sixteen so we can all get in and then ill go back to my seat i originally bought

Have fun with that babe 😂👍🏽
Reply 17

hi i’m going to the O2 arena too for an Ariana Grande concert. I’m 15 too and they told me the same thing because i’m standing. So I wanted to ask if it was easy for you to get in?
Original post by zizoua
hi i’m going to the O2 arena too for an Ariana Grande concert. I’m 15 too and they told me the same thing because i’m standing. So I wanted to ask if it was easy for you to get in?

omg ur so lucky I wanted to see ari live at the o2 but tickets ran out😭
have fun girl x
Reply 19
Original post by roseprincessx
omg ur so lucky i wanted to see ari live at the o2 but tickets ran out😭
have fun girl x

thank you so much!!! ❤️

Quick Reply

Latest