The Student Room Group

Eat, Sleep, Study and Repeat with C&P (Part II - Year 13)

Scroll to see replies

oooh fountains :biggrin:
glad you had a good time :hugs:
Reply 21
20/08/18 New Academic term starts soon

Last week has been rather hectic as my cousins come all the way from Sheffield to visit for a couple of days. We basically had a Japanese cuisine themed night - there was a large variety, not only Sushi (thank ****) and a seafood themed night the day after. On Wednesday, we had a sushi buffet in Central London which I didn't really enjoy - regretted that I didn't order a ramen or something and I was ill when I came home and the day after was especially the worst - feel stomach pains and feeling like I want to puke. Not great! :frown: I'm fine now btw.

- History Independent Essay Preparation (DONE)
An absolute nightmare to complete but my textbook came in handy and I've managed to do what I can with textbook and internet research for my independent essay focusing on Tony Blair and Margaret Thatcher.

- Sociology Research Project: Beliefs in Society (DONE)
I didn't enjoy doing this in all honesty but I researched all I can about the Prince Philip Movement and I just need to tidy the Word Document before I move on to the other research project which is much nicer.

- Personal Statement: 3rd Draft
I've received some helpful feedback from a trusted friend and will be spending today and the rest of the week getting this 3rd draft done so I don't have to worry about this in September/October.

To Do: UpLearn for Economics revision (Once a day - Going to set myself a reminder)

QFA

Spoiler

If you wish to be added/remove from the QFA List please comment down below to let me know. :smile:
Reply 22
Coursework prepping is going to be the death of me if my personal statement doesn't get me first. Nicely done :biggrin:
Reply 23
Original post by Sinnoh
Coursework prepping is going to be the death of me if my personal statement doesn't get me first. Nicely done :biggrin:

Thanks mate. I'm currently having an headache with my personal statement and I'm just applying the various feedback I've got and see where I end up. :P
Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics

Last week has been rather hectic as my cousins come all the way from Sheffield to visit for a couple of days. We basically had a Japanese cuisine themed night - there was a large variety, not only Sushi (thank ****) and a seafood themed night the day after. On Wednesday, we had a sushi buffet in Central London which I didn't really enjoy - regretted that I didn't order a ramen or something and I was ill when I came home and the day after was especially the worst - feel stomach pains and feeling like I want to puke. Not great! :frown: I'm fine now btw.

An absolute nightmare to complete but my textbook came in handy and I've managed to do what I can with textbook and internet research for my independent essay focusing on Tony Blair and Margaret Thatcher.

I didn't enjoy doing this in all honesty but I researched all I can about the Prince Philip Movement and I just need to tidy the Word Document before I move on to the other research project which is much nicer.

I've received some helpful feedback from a trusted friend and will be spending today and the rest of the week getting this 3rd draft done so I don't have to worry about this in September/October.

To Do: UpLearn for Economics revision (Once a day - Going to set myself a reminder)

QFA

Spoiler

If you wish to be added/remove from the QFA List please comment down below to let me know. :smile:

Well done one getting onto your third draft already! Haven't even started my first one yet :colondollar: Could you tag me? Your posts are very motivating :biggrin:
:woo: for getting things done! :gah:
Reply 26
Original post by MEME*clap*REVIEW
Well done one getting onto your third draft already! Haven't even started my first one yet :colondollar: Could you tag me? Your posts are very motivating :biggrin:

Sure, you'll be added in the QFA list when I next update.
glad to hear you're feeling better! always satisfying to get things done:woo:
Reply 28
No I didn't go to Eat Tokyo but it was in Soho. I'm currently having an headache over my personal statement and just trying to sort out the structure and cut down on words.

Yes, you'll be added to my QFA list when I next update. :smile:

QFA

Spoiler

Wow that's a lot of work done! Meanwhile I'm just assembling evidence but haven't even started draft 1!
Sushi is my fave, I miss wasabi so much! It's a shame you had a crap experience

As soon as I get back to London I already know I'll be getting my favourite vegetarian set :h:
Reply 31
Original post by DeepInTheMeadow
Wow that's a lot of work done! Meanwhile I'm just assembling evidence but haven't even started draft 1!

It sounds like it but I feel like I've been slacking and I'm just extremely nervous about the new academic term with new teachers in Economics and Sociology and I have no idea what it's going to be lack. For Sociology, I know what the new teacher is like but I feel like I need a lot of work to get me up to scratch with things. That's the same with Economics but the thought of sharing a teacher with the sister school scares me - I didn't have a positive experience when they taught me Sociology.

With regards to my personal statement, I'm just having an headache trying to sort out the structure and just want to get it done really. I just need to be more resilience.

Original post by btecbiochemistry
Sushi is my fave, I miss wasabi so much! It's a shame you had a crap experience

As soon as I get back to London I already know I'll be getting my favourite vegetarian set :h:

I think it was just that dodgy shop. There was one Sushi I quite liked but I hated everything else we've ordered. I'd rather make everything at home and at least I know what's in it. Wish I've ordered ramen though.
It sounds like it but I feel like I've been slacking and I'm just extremely nervous about the new academic term with new teachers in Economics and Sociology and I have no idea what it's going to be lack. For Sociology, I know what the new teacher is like but I feel like I need a lot of work to get me up to scratch with things. That's the same with Economics but the thought of sharing a teacher with the sister school scares me - I didn't have a positive experience when they taught me Sociology.

With regards to my personal statement, I'm just having an headache trying to sort out the structure and just want to get it done really. I just need to be more resilience.

I think it was just that dodgy shop. There was one Sushi I quite liked but I hated everything else we've ordered. I'd rather make everything at home and at least I know what's in it. Wish I've ordered ramen though.

I haven't made sushi since I was a kid! I definitely want to try it out sometime soon.

re your personal statement - how much have you completed? i believe in you! :h:
Reply 33
Original post by btecbiochemistry
I haven't made sushi since I was a kid! I definitely want to try it out sometime soon.

re your personal statement - how much have you completed? i believe in you! :h:

I haven't made Sushi myself but my Mum did a bit - mostly my aunt makes it.

With regards to my personal statement, I'm on my 3rd draft and just trying to sort out the structure and make it clear why I want to do History & Politics. Thanks! I believe in you too! :smile:
New academic year is not allowed to start soon :fuhrer: Haven't even really thought about it :getmecoat:
Well done for getting all that work done! I'm so bad at working :lol:
(Could you possibly not quote me as I'm trying to do GYG through watched threads rather than notifications this year :colondollar:)
Reply 35
Original post by Lemur14
New academic year is not allowed to start soon :fuhrer: Haven't even really thought about it :getmecoat:
Well done for getting all that work done! I'm so bad at working :lol:
(Could you possibly not quote me as I'm trying to do GYG through watched threads rather than notifications this year :colondollar:)

I’ll sort that out for the next update. :smile:
Hi @CoffeeAndPolitics, should I make a year 11 2018-2019 thread now or wait until nearer the start of term? :smile:
I’ll sort that out for the next update. :smile:

Thank you :hugs:
Reply 38
Original post by laurawatt
Hi @CoffeeAndPolitics, should I make a year 11 2018-2019 thread now or wait until nearer the start of term? :smile:

As in a year group thread or a GYG thread? If it’s a GYG thread, you can do it now.
As in a year group thread or a GYG thread? If it’s a GYG thread, you can do it now.

A year group thread :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending