The Student Room Group

A LEVELS choices help

Hey guys so for my alevels I’ve so far chosen chemistry and phycology I’m thinking of doing maths (got grade 8 in gcse) no I’m really stuck between rs and sociology. Please could someone help me I want to do rs but Im scared it’s not worth much is this true ??
Original post by Fatima patelx
Hey guys so for my alevels I’ve so far chosen chemistry and phycology I’m thinking of doing maths (got grade 8 in gcse) no I’m really stuck between rs and sociology. Please could someone help me I want to do rs but Im scared it’s not worth much is this true ??

depends on your desired degree choice. However maths is far more useful overall
Original post by VVDOOMVV
depends on your desired degree choice. However maths is far more useful overall

Yeah you see that’s the thing I’m just so stuck like I don’t know what I wanna do at uni but I just know I like phycology and chemistry . I’m really stuck between rs and sociology . And yeah I’m going towards maths caz ive heard it’s pretty useful and it’ll let me keep my options open
if you are unsure, maths is the way to go!

Yeah you see that’s the thing I’m just so stuck like I don’t know what I wanna do at uni but I just know I like phycology and chemistry . I’m really stuck between rs and sociology . And yeah I’m going towards maths caz ive heard it’s pretty useful and it’ll let me keep my options open

however I would stress that making an informed degree choice is going to take some time and therefore picking broad options gives you more flexibility

Ik but I have to start off with 4 alevels in my sixth form 😭😭😭so stuck for my fourth one
however I would stress that making an informed degree choice is going to take some time and therefore picking broad

options gives you more flexibility

So would you recommend like maths and chem caz quite broad . I was thinking emglish for my fourth because I did quite good at gcse but I’m like not naturally good at it. So I’m still stuck between rs and socio 😫
So would you recommend like maths and chem caz quite broad . I was thinking emglish for my fourth because I did quite good at gcse but I’m like not naturally good at it. So I’m still stuck between rs and socio 😫[/QUOT

Maths, Chem, English Lit and either one science / respected humanities subject (eg psych, bio, physics, history) - that is the most logical idea.

as for deciding between rs and socio - i'd argue they aren't the best subjects unless you plan on going into those fields. If so, then they are both ideal subjects

Quick Reply

Latest