The Student Room Group

Meming to Oxbridge II [Year 13 GYG]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nyxnko_
That's the key word, isn't it? :rofl:
Well, nobody's really going to care if you don't get that A* in Persian, if you're going to get A*s for everything else lmao :tongue:
Keep up with it, I guess :tongue:
I've got one: Do you like broccoli?
Nah, for one, she took 3 subjects :tongue: We know all the good ones take at least 5 :rofl:

i think the main aim of this besides grades is to increase my effort and commitment levels lmaooo
if i don't get a* in persian i'll probably deeply question my capabilities looool, even if i did get 4a*, but we'll see :^)
hopefully we can't be having progress grades looking like a negative parabola
broccoli? omg no ew ew ew ew pls no. I won't lie that I didn't try brocolli until I was fairly old (about 14). But when I did, I wish I didn't honestly.
>guess I better take 9 A levels. :rofl:
****, I got C C for both Math and Physics. Still trying to apply oxford if I can convince my Math teacher to move predicting grade from D -> B or A and physics teacher to keep that A. I can keep an A in Computer science no problem.

And then Math Admission Test :/ .....

Predicted grades for Maths, Physics, Computer Science: D ( cause I never do his homework), A, B.
AS grades: C Maths, C Physics. Computer science next year
GCSE grades, converted from my country education: 5 A*, 4 A

I'll apply for computer science, cyber security or AI. I'm gonna have a hard to be shortlisted, even a harder time Oxford to explain how come I get a B in my predicted grade Math, unless I can convince him somehow. I was cocky and got myself in many dumb relationships so when the exam came, I only had 6 hours to study every single thing in the book.

About myself: I have passion in musics and like to travel around the world, doing new things even if it sounds "silly enough". I only spend less than 4 hours / day for computing unless I'm coding or gaming occasionally. I like going out, .... and hanging out.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by thotproduct
i think the main aim of this besides grades is to increase my effort and commitment levels lmaooo
if i don't get a* in persian i'll probably deeply question my capabilities looool, even if i did get 4a*, but we'll see :^)
hopefully we can't be having progress grades looking like a negative parabola
broccoli? omg no ew ew ew ew pls no. I won't lie that I didn't try brocolli until I was fairly old (about 14). But when I did, I wish I didn't honestly.
>guess I better take 9 A levels. :rofl:

hahaha true. You should keep up the posts until like Christmas and then stop :rofl:
really? it would just mean that you were rubbish at persian. (somethign you're bad at :giggle:)
that would probably not be good. let's just hope it's positively linear (or exponential) :tongue:
really?!? :eek: How can you hate broccoli? (Actually, I can see why) It's actually quite nice though... What about cauliflower?
NO! :fuhrer: With your capabilities, we expect you to take at least 15!! How dare you only take 9?!
Original post by nyxnko_
hahaha true. You should keep up the posts until like Christmas and then stop :rofl:
really? it would just mean that you were rubbish at persian. (somethign you're bad at :giggle:)
that would probably not be good. let's just hope it's positively linear (or exponential) :tongue:
really?!? :eek: How can you hate broccoli? (Actually, I can see why) It's actually quite nice though... What about cauliflower?
NO! :fuhrer: With your capabilities, we expect you to take at least 15!! How dare you only take 9?!

lmao, and don't update until the dreaded January 10th. oooooof
loooooool, that would be really embarrassing if I flopped my own mother tongue, I'm sure you could find more things I'm bad at :rofl:
i'm feeling it's more of a y = log(x) graph, I mean you can't get 121/120 (but we'll try!)
yes i despise that among others, but broccoli the most, although one time there was a food fight in school and broccoli did make an excellent weapon.
Cauliflower ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww pls no
Wowie! >at least 15, pfffft talk about setting the bar low :rofl:
lmao, and don't update until the dreaded January 10th. oooooof
loooooool, that would be really embarrassing if I flopped my own mother tongue, I'm sure you could find more things I'm bad at :rofl:
i'm feeling it's more of a y = log(x) graph, I mean you can't get 121/120 (but we'll try!)
yes i despise that among others, but broccoli the most, although one time there was a food fight in school and broccoli did make an excellent weapon.
Cauliflower ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww pls no
Wowie! >at least 15, pfffft talk about setting the bar low :rofl:

nah, you're not going to update until results day to report that you've got 1500 A*s :rofl:
:lol:
I can believe that but I'm not so sure that I'll be able to find them, seeing as we use TSR :tongue:
They'll give you extra marks for being a genius, so 121/120 is very possible.
How on earth did you manage to get into a food fight at school? :lol:
totally relate.
:rofl:
Reply 45
Boi, you gotta get that excel spreadsheet for MAT and STEP tracking. Upgrade from the Notepad lmaooo. Plus it means you can track questions you've done as opposed to just going through papers and leaving out like 6, 7 :^) questions.
Original post by have
Boi, you gotta get that excel spreadsheet for MAT and STEP tracking. Upgrade from the Notepad lmaooo. Plus it means you can track questions you've done as opposed to just going through papers and leaving out like 6, 7 :^) questions.

it's true tbh but I'm still a Notepad bachelor uno, that Notepad's got blood sweat and tears ygm.

(A 1 is a 1 still but pure maths section owo)
Wow nerds on tsr are so weird
Reply 48
AS computer science why would you do this to yourself
Original post by Sinnoh
AS computer science why would you do this to yourself

I'm quite bored lmao
Original post by nyxnko_
nah, you're not going to update until results day to report that you've got 1500 A*s :rofl:
:lol:
I can believe that but I'm not so sure that I'll be able to find them, seeing as we use TSR :tongue:
They'll give you extra marks for being a genius, so 121/120 is very possible.
How on earth did you manage to get into a food fight at school? :lol:
totally relate.
:rofl:

im not doing well at the commitment thing, i fell asleep before I could reply to anything lmaoooo
1500A*s? You underestimate me :rofl:
I'll give you one, I'm known to be extremely, extremely lazy :lol:
an extra mark for being smart! how humbling but it couldn't possibly go to me lmao.
I can barely remember because it was in y9, all I can remember how it started was my friend trying to see how aerodynamic carrots were by lobbing it across the cafeteria and it hit someone square in the head, and thus, it began lmaooo
all the best chaos starts in the name of science
im not doing well at the commitment thing, i fell asleep before I could reply to anything lmaoooo
1500A*s? You underestimate me :rofl:
I'll give you one, I'm known to be extremely, extremely lazy :lol:
an extra mark for being smart! how humbling but it couldn't possibly go to me lmao.
I can barely remember because it was in y9, all I can remember how it started was my friend trying to see how aerodynamic carrots were by lobbing it across the cafeteria and it hit someone square in the head, and thus, it began lmaooo

welp, nobody's expecting you to reply like a second afterwards lmao. take your time replying :tongue:
I know right?
:dontknow: I'll take your word for it :tongue:
the minds of examiners are mysterious wildernesses in which strange and obscure processes happen lmao
@euphrosynay put it very well :yes:
it's really a shame you don't like broccoli though. you're missing out on broccoli soup :tongue:
update 3: that point don't count it's below STEP III.
Song I've been listening to:
[video="youtube;EkVa-6cchn0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkVa-6cchn0&feature=youtu.be[/video]
It's a hidden gem, I'm telling you.

Hi, wagwan, salam, привет, etc.

I've got into some kinda rhythm now haven't I? I only decided to update now because end of summer is a kind of academic marker, the depressing thought of having to go back into school settling in your mind, numbed out by nice weather, late starts, lofi music and playing endless games of FIFA with your friends, the crippling blow is enough to destroy anyon- BUT AT LEAST WE GOT TO SEE THE KSI VS LOGAN PAUL FIGHT CAN WE DROP THAT MOTHER****ING YEET BOYS

yeeting aside. I've done a fair few bits and bobs over the last bit of Summer, tying up some loose ends:

Things I did of particular note:
STEP III 2002: 78 (S) (the S boundary was 77 looooooooooooool)
STEP II 2015: 104/120 (S)
BMO2 2015: 22/40

nothing besides that tbh.

End of Summer and School:
I go back to school next week. Is it Monday? Is it Friday? Is it the week after?? These term dates have me more confused than a group of Somalis, Arabs and Pakistanis at Eid

"when's your eid bro is it tomorrow"
"nah cuz it was yesterday"
"what about you boss, when was your eid"
"it was in march innit"
???

I am starting next week from what I've heard so I might as well prepare my tools. Funny enough I started Y12 very dilligently, I had 6, 7 pens, about 10 or 11 various items of stationary in my pencil case. Now I just have my sole pen and calculator, and some paper in my bag lmao. With a wallet for food during frees. I am not an organised man, as you may not already know. The stack of random notes and paper from Y12 ever growing.

What's on my schedule when I get back? I've got a Chemistry test which should be calm, that's on Thermodynamics, a topic I've done to death lmao. I've got a Physics test on """"circular motion"""" (no disrespect, but Physics A Level appears to be taking some of these cherished mechanics topics and butchering it to accommodate for people that don't do maths, which I can understand but it's frustrating). I have a Maths test based on the pure we've covered so far (Single A2), which should also be good. I might start taking the Olympiad stuff a bit seriously now. I've been trying to reinforce my Inequalities armory, learning about things such as Muirhead inequalities, Ravi Transformations, Chebyshev's, Nesbitt's, etc. All very useful, I'll move to Geo next.

Infact, from the BMO2 paper I did I'll give you a question I particularly liked, for you mathematicians out there.
https://imgur.com/a/STz1yNX
This is an interesting one, that can be made either very easy or very hard depending on how you treat it, and does not require particularly advanced tools to solve!

Deep Convo Topic? Idk just ask me what you want lmao.

Tags:

Spoiler

(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 54
Deep question

22/40 on the round 2 maths olympiad are you ****ing serious
Original post by Sinnoh
Deep question

22/40 on the round 2 maths olympiad are you ****ing serious

22 indeed! I answered that first one, most of the last one, and some other partials on the last two, I know, I know it's not in the 30s lmao, but baby steps lmao
ur fit
22 indeed! I answered that first one, most of the last one, and some other partials on the last two, I know, I know it's not in the 30s lmao, but baby steps lmao

A casual top 20 in the country score...:eek: Well done!!
well done for super step results :woo: (this might end up being my comment on every single update of yours rip)

as for the bmo2 problem
thanks for scaring me out of fm before it's too late :s-smilie:
(jk)
Original post by psc---maths
A casual top 20 in the country score...:eek: Well done!!

Thank you so much! I doubt I could recreate such a performance in the real thing :redface: :rofl:

ur fat

Original post by euphrosynay
well done for super step results :woo: (this might end up being my comment on every single update of yours rip)

as for the bmo2 problem
thanks for scaring me out of fm before it's too late :s-smilie:
(jk)

Thanks a lot! I like to put in the practice every now and then (but as you can see from the earlier papers, we all have to start somewhere lmao)

You'd be surprised how simple some methods of attack are, there are some that use trig (without spoiling) to judge the nature of the sequence. My one was just using the standard iterative techniques you learn at GCSE and early A Level to reduce that bad boy into something very workable.

Nuu, FM is actually super fun it's not always like this, :rofl: , but it is a stellar way to spend ones time at sixth form, I couldn't imagine it any other way.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending