The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Kent Clearing Accommodation 2018

Hi there!

I just got an offer from University of Kent for BA Politics and International Relations through clearing, which I really happy with of course! However, I am concerned about getting accommodation. I contacted the Kent clearing team and they said that I have to wait to see if they have accommodation to allocate to me, but if they can't, I have to go off on my own and find something in Canterbury. Though I totally understand that because I've gone through clearing I'm not at the top of the list.

I think the main fear is that I'll be left with nothing or accommodation that isn't what I was hoping for. Anyone out their in the same position (as I'm sure there is) or has been in this position and has any advice? Should I email or would that even help?
How likely is it that I'll get decent accommodation?

Thanks!!

Scroll to see replies

I also need an accomodation for mpharm at medway is it likely i will get any space ?
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
You asked? Their accommodation is the nicest I have ever had for a university, it's popular, hell, Kent is popular.
Reply 3
Original post by random_matt
You asked? Their accommodation is the nicest I have ever had for a university, it's popular, hell, Kent is popular.

What do you think I should do??
Original post by nisha.sri
I also need an accomodation for mpharm at medway is it likely i will get any space ?

Have you tried to find a place at Liberty Quays Medway?
Original post by GillianMcA
What do you think I should do??

Not sure, I would only recommend the ensuite rooms of course, or find somewhere private.
I rang them today and they said that and I quote, they are in a 'good position this year to house all applicants including clearing' but the woman didn't want to say its 100% that us (clearing applicants) would get accommodation. Instead, it's just 'very likely'. Usually takes a couple weeks to be confirmed so be patient.

Edit: This is for the Canterbury accom!
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by GeorgeG123
I rang them today and they said that and I quote, they are in a 'good position this year to house all applicants including clearing' but the woman didn't want to say its 100% that us (clearing applicants) would get accommodation. Instead, it's just 'very likely'. Usually takes a couple weeks to be confirmed so be patient.

Edit: This is for the Canterbury accom!

Ah wow, that makes me feel 100x better, I have to call them tomo just to clear up a few things but I'll bring it up and see what they say then, hopefully they will say what you have said.

thanks a million!
Reply 8
Yes, me too!

I called them and I have been really confused ever since. The woman on the line mentioned some kind of form or application? I remember marking that i needed accomadation on my clearing application but that was it.
Was there another form or am I just easily confused 😆
Reply 9
Original post by Leigh-B
Yes, me too!

I called them and I have been really confused ever since. The woman on the line mentioned some kind of form or application? I remember marking that i needed accomadation on my clearing application but that was it.
Was there another form or am I just easily confused 😆

Hi I don't know if you know about this but there is a separate website by which you choose your accommodation choices for kent;

https://kenthospitality.kent.ac.uk/myaccommodation/
Reply 10
Original post by fifi.a
Hi I don't know if you know about this but there is a separate website by which you choose your accommodation choices for kent;

https://kenthospitality.kent.ac.uk/myaccommodation/
Yes, I've been on this page before and I have an application but it's completely blank except my name. I can't edit anything or anything. I did not fill out an accomodation application already so I have no idea what to do.

(Edit) I’ve just been on call to the clearing lady, and she informed me there is no preferences for clearing applications. You will just get randomly allocated a room, and there is no extra application form.
(edited 5 years ago)
Hey has anyone else received any update?
Reply 12
Original post by Leigh-B
Yes, I've been on this page before and I have an application but it's completely blank except my name. I can't edit anything or anything. I did not fill out an accomodation application already so I have no idea what to do.

(Edit) I’ve just been on call to the clearing lady, and she informed me there is no preferences for clearing applications. You will just get randomly allocated a room, and there is no extra application form.

omg that's horrible but makes sense, unfortunately.. kent was my insurance and I even went through clearing to change my course there so I'm still waiting as well.. Hope it all turns out okay for you!
Reply 13
Original post by Leigh-B

So there is no other form that I should fill in? what is that link shared previously for? Do I need to have a login for that??
AHH so many questions hahaha, can't wait until this is all sorted!
Reply 14
So there is no other form that I should fill in? what is that link shared previously for? Do I need to have a login for that??
AHH so many questions hahaha, can't wait until this is all sorted!

From what I remember no you don’t, but you do have to create a login for Kent hospitality - you should have been give an applicant ID through email. (Edit) I just recieved an offer from accomadation and the offer was shown on the hospitality page.
Reply 15
Original post by Leigh-B
From what I remember no you don’t, but you do have to create a login for Kent hospitality - you should have been give an applicant ID through email. (Edit) I just recieved an offer from accomadation and the offer was shown on the hospitality page.

I've literally just received and accepted an offer for accommodation too.
Reply 16
I've literally just received and accepted an offer for accommodation too.

Oooh what did you get? I’ve been allocated to Keynes college :smile:
Reply 17
If Kent is my insurance choice would I have a better chance of getting accommodation.
Original post by Rakuzan
If Kent is my insurance choice would I have a better chance of getting accommodation.

It goes from Firm, Insurence then clearing in allocation
Reply 19
Original post by Leigh-B
Oooh what did you get? I’ve been allocated to Keynes college :smile:

Keynes College is great though!! nice one

I got Parkwood Purchas Court in a house which I was happy with but I've heard a few people have been able to switch around to cheaper or more expensive accommodation, so I might see if I can maybe switch to a refurbished room? The worst they can say is no right??
I'll call them up after the bank holiday and see what they say.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending