The Student Room Group

Remark Help Please

I'm 1 mark of a 7 in History and Language and for RE the whole year I was getting 7s and 8s but fell 8 marks short of a 7. Do you guys think it's worth it too remark all 3 . Also all are on Edexcel, does anyone know the pricing because apparently it's apparently 20£ per paper but that would mean 40 for English and 60 for re and 60£ for history or is it 20£ per subject . please help need confirmation by tommorow morning. Thanks . any advice on remarking would be appreciated
Definitely would say it would be worth remarking the first two.
8 marks seems a bit far off.
I'd speak to your school concerning it to see if it's worth remarking the RE and also about the prices
Reply 2
Original post by AzureCeleste
Definitely would say it would be worth remarking the first two.
8 marks seems a bit far off.
I'd speak to your school concerning it to see if it's worth remarking the RE and also about the prices

but re it's like 3 papers and my mate no offence to him put no quotes from Bible or anything and got exact same marks , I memorised the Bible for that exam lol like if I get like 3 marks extra per paper I might reach it but I don't know, I told my teacher and he said re is like English it depends on examiner but I don't wanna make my dad bankrupt you know

appreciate the help
I was one mark off an A in history last year ( before the 1-9 system was introduced) and I wasn’t going to get mine Remarked but my mum convinced me to do it and it went up a grade! So I would definitely recommend the first two especially if you feel you did better but I agree with AzureCeleste on talking to your school about RE. About the pricing I’m not sure but I only got one paper remarked which brought it up
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Libbyanne2001
I was one mark off an A in history last year ( before the 1-9 system was introduced) and I wasn’t going to get mine Remarked but my mum convinced me to do it and it went up a grade! So I would definitely recommend the first two especially if you feel you did better but I agree with AzureCeleste on talking to your school about RE

thanks mate appreciate it, any clue on how the pricing worked was it per paper or per subject
Original post by londinondi
thanks mate appreciate it, any clue on how the pricing worked was it per paper or per subject

No problem- I got one of the papers remarked which was £45 (i did ocr) and that was enough to bring it up but if the grade changes I’m pretty sure you get your money back
Reply 6
yes if the grade goes up, you get the cost of remarking back
Reply 7
No problem- I got one of the papers remarked which was £45 (i did ocr) and that was enough to bring it up but if the grade changes I’m pretty sure you get your money back

45£ for the subject history or for one history paper
Reply 8
Does anyone know how you get Art remarked (exam board Edexcel) I'm one mark off an A*
Reply 9
Original post by garchas
Does anyone know how you get Art remarked (exam board Edexcel) I'm one mark off an A*

school exam officers
Original post by londinondi
45£ for the subject history or for one history paper

That was one paper but it’s a different exam board so might be a bit different

how long did it take to get the results back
Reply 12
can't speak to them until school opens now which is 5 Sept I hadn't realised I was so close to the A* until I saw the grade boundaries just now :frown:
Original post by garchas
can't speak to them until school opens now which is 5 Sept I hadn't realised I was so close to the A* until I saw the grade boundaries just now :frown:

aren't they opened for 6th form admission possibly
Reply 14
will double check but 6th form enrolments were covered off today by the school as they were open all day

Quick Reply

Latest