The Student Room Group

Shadow's Impossible Seeming Journey To A*AA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Shadowdraconis
Thanks, will do! Good luck to you too! I guess we are both going to be drowning in maths the next few weeks before school. :P

I've already been drowning and will continue to do so! It's painful but I think Im seeing progress, so that kinda motivates me! thanks and good luck for your prep!
Original post by GeorgiaMont
Best of luck!

I recently got an A in biology, so if you ever want to ask any questions, I can try and be of help! Also, I'm going to St Andrews in september, and I've been up a few times for interviews/open days-so I may be able to help in that respect too :smile:

Thanks! Well done for doing so well in biology, and getting into st Andrews!! If you don't mind me asking, what grades were you predicted and what were the entry requirements for your course?
Original post by Realitysreflexx
Definitely add nottingham, our computer science departments setting on jubilee is georgous (study business at notts). We share alot of the campus with computer science.

I do definitely like the facilities and the campus itself is nice too, but it doesn't have an integrated master course with a year in industry, which is the only reason I ruled it out.
Original post by MaizieAmyr
Yeah, I'll pm now. :ninja: Ah, not my kind of game but fair enough. My favourite game is skyrim, it's relatively cheap I think, you should try it!

Yay the suspense is nearly over! :biggrin:
Ohh ok, I've heard of the name but not much about it. I think I'm definitely going to try and get hold of it tho!
Original post by Rolls_Reus_0wner
thanks for the advice. For some reason, me and Java don't get along. Its just a BS language tbh, so many things are so confusing and it dosent tell you whats wrong. i want to punch my screen when i mess up java code. pytbon >>>> Java. change my mind lol

Np! Tell me about it, those goddamn semicolons and curly brackets are the death of me. I'm using eclipse ide atm and thankfully it tells you where the code has gone wrong so has saved me from chucking my laptop out of my window lol. I 100% prefer programming in python to java. Last year for my gcse coursework I used python but our teacher made us use wing ide so no cool graphics elements. :frown:
Original post by SomMC1
I've already been drowning and will continue to do so! It's painful but I think Im seeing progress, so that kinda motivates me! thanks and good luck for your prep!

IKR its very painful, especially when I can only do like 2 questions from an entire page. Thats good!! I 'm glad all your hard is paying off! Thanks!!
Yay the suspense is nearly over! :biggrin:
Ohh ok, I've heard of the name but not much about it. I think I'm definitely going to try and get hold of it tho!

I have played about 400 hours on it (when I use to have free time.. :frown:) and I haven't discovered everything it had to offer, it's a huge game. I highly recommend it but it's not fir everyone.
Hi,

I'm going into year 13 and planning on applying for computer science too. I've tried to narrow down my uni choices to Cambridge, Imperial, Manchester, Edinburgh and UCL. Have you started your personal statement yet?

Look forward to seeing how your journey goes and hope you get the grades you want :biggrin:
good luck for this year! i'd like to be tagged:smile:
Thanks! Well done for doing so well in biology, and getting into st Andrews!! If you don't mind me asking, what grades were you predicted and what were the entry requirements for your course?

No worries! I was predicted A*A*A, and I applied for medicine which needed AAA.
Original post by Sergio000
Hi,

I'm going into year 13 and planning on applying for computer science too. I've tried to narrow down my uni choices to Cambridge, Imperial, Manchester, Edinburgh and UCL. Have you started your personal statement yet?

Look forward to seeing how your journey goes and hope you get the grades you want :biggrin:

Cool! What subjects are you taking atm? Well done for narrowing them down, it's so much more difficult than you think it's going to be to narrow them down. I've kind of started my personal statement, but i've started rambling a bit and I already know i'm going to have to cut out like half of it when I proofread my first draft. I'm guessing you've started writing yours cos oxbridge applications have to be sent off earlier right?
Thanks, good luck to you too and hope you get the grades you want! :goodluck::biggrin:
Original post by GeorgiaMont
No worries! I was predicted A*A*A, and I applied for medicine which needed AAA.

Thank you!! :h: Best of luck for the year ahead!
Cool! What subjects are you taking atm? Well done for narrowing them down, it's so much more difficult than you think it's going to be to narrow them down. I've kind of started my personal statement, but i've started rambling a bit and I already know i'm going to have to cut out like half of it when I proofread my first draft. I'm guessing you've started writing yours cos oxbridge applications have to be sent off earlier right?
Thanks, good luck to you too and hope you get the grades you want! :goodluck::biggrin:

Thanks :smile: Yeah, the oxbridge deadline is early so I have got together something that somewhat resembles a first draft. Don't worry about rambling at first, I just put all my ideas down then made it connect together and got rid of the less important stuff.
Even though I've narrowed it down, I'm always thinking if I should have another uni instead of one I've chosen. Still need to visit Edinburgh, Manchester and UCL open days so I've got that to look forward to 😂
I'm doing Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Physics. Would have done computer science instead of chemistry but my school didnt offer it :frown:
What specific areas of computer science particularly interest you? Im really interested in AI because it just seems so important and fascinating.
Original post by Sergio000
Thanks :smile: Yeah, the oxbridge deadline is early so I have got together something that somewhat resembles a first draft. Don't worry about rambling at first, I just put all my ideas down then made it connect together and got rid of the less important stuff.
Even though I've narrowed it down, I'm always thinking if I should have another uni instead of one I've chosen. Still need to visit Edinburgh, Manchester and UCL open days so I've got that to look forward to 😂
I'm doing Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Physics. Would have done computer science instead of chemistry but my school didnt offer it :frown:
What specific areas of computer science particularly interest you? Im really interested in AI because it just seems so important and fascinating.

That's a good way to tackle the personal statement. Haha fair enough, there's so many amazing unis to chose from. Nice, have fun visiting them! I went to UCL early last year and it's really nice and their comp sci department is really good, but I personally didn't like the feel of any of the London unis and prefer campus unis.
Aww no, it's a shame your school don't offer comp sci! On the plus side I don't think many schools offer it so i'm sure you won't be disadvantaged in any way. I was lucky and my school does do it (although we only have 7 people in my class lol).
Cool! AI does seem pretty interesting. I'm really interested in cyber security and cryptography, as well as software engineering, because it seems really interesting and I really like problem solving.
No tags please but in to watch :yep:
Will send you that message with resources later, just got back so clearing TSR stuff first!
Original post by Lemur14
No tags please but in to watch :yep:
Will send you that message with resources later, just got back so clearing TSR stuff first!

Sure, sorry for tagging :redface:
Thanks so much!
Sure, sorry for tagging :redface:
Thanks so much!

Don't be sorry at all, I need the tag to get me in the thread in the first place, but once I'm in then I'm here to stay so I'm trying to keep my notifications down!
You're welcome :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tag me!!
Good luck for Year 13!!
Just out of interest, why did you pick bio? Wouldn't it make more sense to take chem/physics/FM?
good luck
Good luck !!! Hope u are on the right track and fixing those predictions to A*s. :smile::smile::smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending