The Student Room Group

Repeating year 12?

I finished year 12. Got my AS mock results and I passed (surprisingly). I got CCCB. But I have strict parents that want top grades, so my parents want me to repeat year 12 because they’re not happy. I passed and think I should continue on to year 13. I’ve had mental issues like depression and anxiety, and my parents think if I carry on to year 13 I might fail my A levels (unless I get my **** together). They really hate the college I’m at right now. What do I do? Should I repeat year 12 and try to get better grades or go to year 13? What if I repeat year 12 and get worse grades? What if I fail year 13? Either way I look at it, I’m ****ed. I just need to pass and go to uni but my parents want me to get better grades and repeat the year. Please help.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by krn
I finished year 12. Got my AS mock results and I passed (surprisingly). I got CCCB. But I have strict parents that want top grades, so my parents want me to repeat year 12 because they’re not happy. I passed and think I should continue on to year 13. I’ve had mental issues like depression and anxiety, and my parents think if I carry on to year 13 I might fail my A levels (unless I get my **** together). They really hate the college I’m at right now. What do I do? Should I repeat year 12 and try to get better grades or go to year 13? What if I repeat year 12 and get worse grades? What if I fail year 13? Either way I look at it, I’m ****ed. I just need to pass and go to uni but my parents want me to get better grades and repeat the year. Please help.

I repeated year 12 at a different college because my grades in my mocks were CEE, even tho my college let me stay for year 13, my anxiety and mental health just weren’t going to let me pass my a levels so I went to a way better college where it was more chilled out and relaxed and j could work at my own pace and it was the best thing I ever done. It’s highly unlikely you’ll fail your a levels if you repeat year 12, since you’re gonna spend a whole year just relearning things so it’ll be implanted in your brain !! If you’re going to repeat, go to a different college where you’re happier
Will other sixth forms take you? Or do they only take people who got high GCSE results like above 6? Or its not exceptional?

Latest