The Student Room Group

Animation: herts vs bournemouth

I'm intending to do animation at uni and I've been looking at these unis in particular. I know Bournemouth is internationally regarded, but I've seen their course focuses a lot on 3D, whereas I love 2D animation and want to focus on that. Hertfordshire does focus on 2D but doesn't seem to have the reputation of Bournemouth. Reputation is important to me since I'd love to go into film animation after uni so I can't really decide which one to go to (provided I even get offers lmaooo). So do I suck up 3D and go to Bournemouth or go to Hertfordshire but perhaps not go to a high-ranking/known uni?
Original post by unknown_usr
I'm intending to do animation at uni and I've been looking at these unis in particular. I know Bournemouth is internationally regarded, but I've seen their course focuses a lot on 3D, whereas I love 2D animation and want to focus on that. Hertfordshire does focus on 2D but doesn't seem to have the reputation of Bournemouth. Reputation is important to me since I'd love to go into film animation after uni so I can't really decide which one to go to (provided I even get offers lmaooo). So do I suck up 3D and go to Bournemouth or go to Hertfordshire but perhaps not go to a high-ranking/known uni?

Are you talking about BU (which has a good reputation for computer animation) or Arts Uni Bournemouth (which has a reputation for 2d and 3d animation but is much less computer focused)?

Herts has a great reputation for animation....if you're shortlisting for 2019 entry then you'll have a chance to visit and interview to find out more about all your options :smile:
Original post by PQ
Are you talking about BU (which has a good reputation for computer animation) or Arts Uni Bournemouth (which has a reputation for 2d and 3d animation but is much less computer focused)?

Herts has a great reputation for animation....if you're shortlisting for 2019 entry then you'll have a chance to visit and interview to find out more about all your options :smile:

I was talking about BU rather than the arts uni, but I'll look into the arts uni if it has a good reputation too. I know Herts has a good reputation in the UK, but I can't find much about it internationally.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending