The Student Room Group

I want to go to a decent uni, will these subjects be looked at well?

I've just got my GCSE results (which I'm really pleased with and mean I can do whatever I want at A-level) and am currently choosing my final choices for my 3 A-levels. I've chosen maths and geography so far and my final subject is between psychology and criminology however, I want to do geography at Bristol or criminology at bath uni. The choice of universities is based off location, reputation and the fact that my family have gone to those and have done well. which subject (criminology or psychology) will leave me in a better place? Also, are these subjects well looked upon by unis in general?
Original post by Marmeat
I've just got my GCSE results (which I'm really pleased with and mean I can do whatever I want at A-level) and am currently choosing my final choices for my 3 A-levels. I've chosen maths and geography so far and my final subject is between psychology and criminology however, I want to do geography at Bristol or criminology at bath uni. The choice of universities is based off location, reputation and the fact that my family have gone to those and have done well. which subject (criminology or psychology) will leave me in a better place? Also, are these subjects well looked upon by unis in general?

Psychology is definitely more respected than criminology.
But as you are choosing between Geography and Criminology, it's probably a good idea to go for criminology especially since Psychology A-Level is very heavy on content.
I'd almost recommend doing something else entirely for the third because both courses often let you on without the specific A-level so you would have more options with a different qualification?
Original post by Marmeat

If your set on criminology or geography id say go for criminology. just make sure the geography course allows the three choices. however if your uncertain psychology widens the choices you will have. most importantly though, you should chose the one that you think you'll enjoy the most! I hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest