The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lovescience2002
Thank you, good luck to you too!
I did want to do medicine but after hearing about doctor’s experiences that I know and thinking about what areas I was liking the sound of in medicine, I realised that dentistry had a lot those things in a smaller environment in smaller teams. It sounded a lot more along the lines of what I wanted to do as a career.

ah, that's great you got to hear some people's experiences- always useful insight:yep:
Reply 21
Hi My name is CattyMcCatFace.

i liek maffs.

Grayyyyds

Spoiler

Taking Physics, Chemistry and EPQ. Going to study maffs at uni.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5524002
Original post by entertainmyfaith
four a-levels:eek: i don't think i'm gonna buy a ton of new stationery as my year 11 ones are okay atm:colondollar: maybe i'll get another notebook or something.

good luck for this year:h:

Hahha- thanks!

I binned aall year 11 stationery because well... fresh start and their old and stuff.

+ only taking 4 so I can drop one mid way through the year if I need 2.
four a-levels:eek: i don't think i'm gonna buy a ton of new stationery as my year 11 ones are okay atm:colondollar: maybe i'll get another notebook or something.

good luck for this year:h:

Hahha- thanks!

I binned aall year 11 stationery because well... fresh start and their old and stuff.

Original post by Your Local Cat

i liek maffs.

Grayyyyds

Spoiler

Wait ? Can u do that? because I thought an EPQ was 1/2 not a whole- don’t u need three alevels ? Lol maybe I’m missing something.
Reply 24
Original post by Mosope17
Hahha- thanks!

Wait ? Can u do that? because I thought an EPQ was 1/2 not a whole- don’t u need three alevels ? Lol maybe I’m missing something.

Long story
Heya, I'm Maia! Im 17 on September the 14th and I'll hopefully be studying Physics,Chemistry,Biology and Maths. Swapped out further maths with biology as i want to become a surgeon!
In my spare time I play card games with friends,read books and watch anime.'ll hopefully be studying medicine at university but the amount of years do slightly worry me.
I'm hoping to start a GYG at the start of my school year which is 5th September!

Grades-edit

Spoiler

(edited 5 years ago)
you don't need to answer all these questions if you're not comfortable in doing so:smile:

icebreakers
- introduce yourself
- what are your hobbies/interests?
- what are you hoping/thinking you'll get for your gcses?
- what are your actual gcse grades?
- what subjects are you planning to take?
- if you are thinking of going to uni, what course do you want to and where do you plan to go?
- if you're not thinking of going to uni, what's your plans after sixth form/college?
- what career do you hope to have in the future?

EDIT: if you have a gyg feel free to link it:smile:

useful links
getting ready for a-levels
general advice from A* students
when retaking gcses during a-levels
stationery for sixth form
a-level revision tips

Hi,
I'm Imtiyaz I like technology. I'm quite a bring person so not much to talk about really.

Spoiler

I'm taking computer science, physics, maths and electronics. I'm not going to my current school because I can't do 4 subjects there, just spoke to the other one today and they said they would let me do 4 subjects since they're so closely related, but they said about dropping one at December for example if my grades were dropping or I was getting all Cs for example.
No Idea about unis, not going to look quite yet but might have a look at some point in year 12. Although I may consider doing an apprenticeship of I don't go uni.
I'd like to be an engineer.

i liek maffs.

Grayyyyds

Spoiler

didn't recognise who you were for a minute, it's the new pfp:colondollar:
your grades are great you should be v proud:smile:
good luck for this year!

Original post by hoshi10
Heya, I'm Maia! Im 17 on September the 14th and I'll hopefully be studying Physics,Chemistry,Biology and Maths. Swapped out further maths with biology as i want to become a surgeon!
In my spare time I play card games with friends,read books and watch anime.'ll hopefully be studying medicine at university but the amount of years do slightly worry me.
I'm hoping to start a GYG at the start of my school year which is 5th September!

Grades-edit

Spoiler

hi maia! four a-levels also:eek:
your gcse grades are amazing:thumbsup:
good luck with this year:smile:

Original post by Iahmed512
Hi,
I'm Imtiyaz I like technology. I'm quite a bring person so not much to talk about really.

Spoiler

I'm taking computer science, physics, maths and electronics. I'm not going to my current school because I can't do 4 subjects there, just spoke to the other one today and they said they would let me do 4 subjects since they're so closely related, but they said about dropping one at December for example if my grades were dropping or I was getting all Cs for example.
No Idea about unis, not going to look quite yet but might have a look at some point in year 12. Although I may consider doing an apprenticeship of I don't go uni.
I'd like to be an engineer.

hey imtiyaz:smile:
going to a new school's always exciting:yep:
apprenticeships are meant to be good for engineering, don't take my word for it though
Original post by Mosope17

i believe he's done a-level maths already
hey imtiyaz:smile:
going to a new school's always exciting:yep:
apprenticeships are meant to be good for engineering, don't take my word for it though

Hi, yeah that's one of the good things, I don't hate my school or the people in my year, but I think a change will be nice. Yeah, there's quite a few apprenticeships for engineering.
Long story

your new profile is adorable :gah: :heart:
Hi, I’m Lewianter, real name Matthew (pause for applause…no? K) and my best talents are being antisocial, scaring people off upon first impression, and playing the piano, three things which I think go together nicely. I’m taking chemistry, maths, music and physics at AS, but the latter because I was sorta pressured into it during enrolment- while I do like physics, I’m undecided as to whether I like it enough to carry it on.

I’m not really enthusiastic about the whole uni thing but that’s only really because I don’t know what I want to do with my future yet, and don’t feel like I love one particular thing enough to study it at that high a standard. Maybe it’ll change as college goes on.

GCSE grades then-

Spoiler

- introduce yourself
Hi, I'm Blobby. I'm 15, and I was moved up a year so I'm going to start year 12. I love TØP, MCR, P!ATD, Green Day, Arctic Monkeys, Coldplay and Joji.

Umm I love LOTR and the MCU in terms of movies. I love Game Of Thrones, in terms of books and TV, and also Scrubs for TV.

Maths - 8
English Lang - 6
English Lit - 6
Science - 8/7
Spanish - 8
RE - 6
ICT - A
Statistics - B
History - 6

Maths, Biology and Spanish

- if you are thinking of going to uni, what course do you want to and where do you plan to go?
I really want to do medicine, but seeing as I'm not doing chemistry my choices are limited. Ideally I would love to go to Barts, in London, because I really want to go to London for uni.

- if you're not thinking of going to uni, what's your plans after sixth form/college?
Because of the whole moved up a year thing, I'll be 17 after I finish 6th Form so I'll take a gap year :party:

Medicine, specializing in radiology.

My GYG is this :smile:

Good luck to everyone and I hope everyone got what they want and does amazingly :biggrin:
Original post by HowToBeABlobfish
- introduce yourself
Hi, I'm Blobby. I'm 15, and I was moved up a year so I'm going to start year 12. I love TØP, MCR, P!ATD, Green Day, Arctic Monkeys, Coldplay and Joji.

Umm I love LOTR and the MCU in terms of movies. I love Game Of Thrones, in terms of books and TV, and also Scrubs for TV.

Maths - 8
English Lang - 6
English Lit - 6
Science - 8/7
Spanish - 8
RE - 6
ICT - A
Statistics - B
History - 6

I really want to do medicine, but seeing as I'm not doing chemistry my choices are limited. Ideally I would love to go to Barts, in London, because I really want to go to London for uni.

Because of the whole moved up a year thing, I'll be 17 after I finish 6th Form so I'll take a gap year :party:

Good luck to everyone and I hope everyone got what they want and does amazingly :biggrin:

Im doing Spanish 2 . I feel like I’ve forgotten everything because I didn’t plan to do Spanish ( thought I was going to get a 6/7, got a 9) so how do u plan to get ready and stuff 😩😩
Reply 34
Original post by MaizieAmyr
your new profile is adorable :gah: :heart:

It is sad :s-smilie:
Hi! Going into year 12 and I am excite like some sprite but I’m also kinda scared and unprepared.

hobbies/interests
Honestly, I like to read quite a bit and I absolutely love PE and being competitive, my heart breaks that I wont be taking it every week anymore. Also trying to be more musical again, trying to learn the guitar but I’m struggling lmao

gcse results
Okay so I’ve gotten it and I pretty much got either what I expected or better for all my subjects except RE, but I’m very happy overall

actual gcse results
Eng Lit&Lang, History (777) RE, Textiles (66), Maths, French, Double Science (5555) Art (4)

a level courses
Economics, English Lit, Politics

uni?
Its one big question mark, I either want to do Law or Economics, I don’t really know. I do know that I want to apply to Newcastle (overall just keep hearing how good it is and is my #1), dream of going to LSE and want to see Brighton and Portsmouth for now

career
Either a Lawyer in NYC or an investment banker in good ole London

Good luck to everyone with sixth form (college)!
I got:
History 9
Eng lit 9
RS 9
Biology 7 (getting remarked)
Physics 7 (getting remarked)
Chemistry 7
Classics A (getting remarked)
Eng Lang 7
Maths 6 (getting remarked)
Computer science 6

Is there still a good chance of applying for law and getting an offer at a higher-tier Russell group uni?
(I know a law course is really competitive??)
hi, I’m sophie and I just finished ncs (was ****). I’m doing maths, physics, chemistry and further maths next year and hope to do some sort of science at uni, aiming for oxbridge but lol that won’t happen. I used to play guitar so I’m trying to relearn that
grades x
bio - 9
chem - 9
comp sci - 8
English - 8
English lit - 9
French - A*
further maths - A*
geog - 7
maths - 8
physics - 9
stats - A
Original post by Lewianter
Hi, I’m Lewianter, real name Matthew (pause for applause…no? K) and my best talents are being antisocial, scaring people off upon first impression, and playing the piano, three things which I think go together nicely. I’m taking chemistry, maths, music and physics at AS, but the latter because I was sorta pressured into it during enrolment- while I do like physics, I’m undecided as to whether I like it enough to carry it on.

I’m not really enthusiastic about the whole uni thing but that’s only really because I don’t know what I want to do with my future yet, and don’t feel like I love one particular thing enough to study it at that high a standard. Maybe it’ll change as college goes on.

GCSE grades then-

Spoiler

you won't be the only one undecided about uni, dw:thumbsup:
good luck for this year!

Original post by HowToBeABlobfish
- introduce yourself

Maths - 8
English Lang - 6
English Lit - 6
Science - 8/7
Spanish - 8
RE - 6
ICT - A
Statistics - B
History - 6

woah, you were moved up a year?! your grades are fab considering you've done them a year early
good luck for this year:smile:
i also like 21p, game of thrones, the mcu and panic:biggrin:

Original post by bria.vp
Hi! Going into year 12 and I am excite like some sprite but I’m also kinda scared and unprepared.

hobbies/interests
Honestly, I like to read quite a bit and I absolutely love PE and being competitive, my heart breaks that I wont be taking it every week anymore. Also trying to be more musical again, trying to learn the guitar but I’m struggling lmao

gcse results
Okay so I’ve gotten it and I pretty much got either what I expected or better for all my subjects except RE, but I’m very happy overall

actual gcse results
Eng Lit&Lang, History (777) RE, Textiles (66), Maths, French, Double Science (5555) Art (4)

a level courses
Economics, English Lit, Politics

uni?
Its one big question mark, I either want to do Law or Economics, I don’t really know. I do know that I want to apply to Newcastle (overall just keep hearing how good it is and is my #1), dream of going to LSE and want to see Brighton and Portsmouth for now

career
Either a Lawyer in NYC or an investment banker in good ole London

Good luck to everyone with sixth form (college)!

i'm kinda excited for a-levels too:biggrin:
good luck for this year!

Original post by Jessie2002
I got:
History 9
Eng lit 9
RS 9
Biology 7 (getting remarked)
Physics 7 (getting remarked)
Chemistry 7
Classics A (getting remarked)
Eng Lang 7
Maths 6 (getting remarked)
Computer science 6

Is there still a good chance of applying for law and getting an offer at a higher-tier Russell group uni?
(I know a law course is really competitive??)

yes.

Original post by modus operandi
hi, I’m sophie and I just finished ncs (was ****). I’m doing maths, physics, chemistry and further maths next year and hope to do some sort of science at uni, aiming for oxbridge but lol that won’t happen. I used to play guitar so I’m trying to relearn that
grades x
bio - 9
chem - 9
comp sci - 8
English - 8
English lit - 9
French - A*
further maths - A*
geog - 7
maths - 8
physics - 9
stats - A