The Student Room Group

January intakes in UK universities!

Hey,
I completed my A level back in June 2017 and after that I sat for my IELTS exam where I managed to secure a band score of 7.0.
I have waited after that to enroll in a good university in London, I applied to UEL, i.e. University of East London but after paying the deposit of 4025 pounds they emailed my agent saying that they're not issuing CAS to Bangladeshi students. So, I have missed this September session. Now I'm trynna enroll in any UK university in this coming January. I have 70 UCAS points that means I have to start my uni life with a foundation degree.
Can anyone suggest me what uni options I do have right at the moment? I want to study something which is a blend of Business and Computer Science, I mean, Computing for Business or Business Computing whatever you wanna call it.
I won't mind suggesting me few uni's far away from London, but it would be better if it's near to London cause I have my relatives living in London.
So yeah!!!
Lots of Bangladeshi students come to the UK and study at the University of East London. Your agent is probably scamming you out of the £4025. If he shows you an email that the university allegedly sent then check the email address. There's too many Bangladeshi scammers out there.

Or, if the university really did take that much money from you they will refund it.
Original post by Basit Peyal
Hey,
I completed my A level back in June 2017 and after that I sat for my IELTS exam where I managed to secure a band score of 7.0.
I have waited after that to enroll in a good university in London, I applied to UEL, i.e. University of East London but after paying the deposit of 4025 pounds they emailed my agent saying that they're not issuing CAS to Bangladeshi students. So, I have missed this September session. Now I'm trynna enroll in any UK university in this coming January. I have 70 UCAS points that means I have to start my uni life with a foundation degree.
Can anyone suggest me what uni options I do have right at the moment? I want to study something which is a blend of Business and Computer Science, I mean, Computing for Business or Business Computing whatever you wanna call it.
I won't mind suggesting me few uni's far away from London, but it would be better if it's near to London cause I have my relatives living in London.
So yeah!!!

Also, you might still be able to come to university in September/October. If you applied to a UK university you applied through UCAS.

Find different universities which are in clearing for your course and call them to see if they would accept you.
Reply 3
Original post by Da Di Doo
Lots of Bangladeshi students come to the UK and study at the University of East London. Your agent is probably scamming you out of the £4025. If he shows you an email that the university allegedly sent then check the email address. There's too many Bangladeshi scammers out there.

Or, if the university really did take that much money from you they will refund it.

I asked uni whether they received my deposit and they said yes.
Also I asked other agency about applying to UEL they said they are not actually suggesting UEL to any students cause of CAS problem.
But hey, do you know how long does it take for uni to make my refund?
I asked my agent, they said maximum of 14 days, but uni says 4-6 weeks.
which one is correct?
I asked uni whether they received my deposit and they said yes.
Also I asked other agency about applying to UEL they said they are not actually suggesting UEL to any students cause of CAS problem.
But hey, do you know how long does it take for uni to make my refund?
I asked my agent, they said maximum of 14 days, but uni says 4-6 weeks.
which one is correct?

4-6 weeks seems more likely because all UK universities are very busy right now with new students. Email the university again for confirmation because if they forget to send it back you have written proof they agreed to refund you.
Hey,
So yeah!!!

Hi @Basit Peyal,

We offer a course in Business Information Technology that may be of interest for you. We also offer a Computing course. Take a look and see what you think :smile:

Let me know if you have any questions that I can help with.

Have a great day.

Hannah

Quick Reply

Latest