The Student Room Group

NCS Newham Collegiate Sixth form / LAE / Brampton Manor

Which one of these sixth form offer AS qualification?
Reply 1
Ok thanks so which school gives you a certificate for AS
Reply 2
Brampton does offer AS qualifications cos they make you do the AS exams at the end of the year.
Reply 3
Original post by Ahmed$93

Don’t go NCS i just finished my first year and it’s so bad
Reply 4
As qualifications don’t even exist anymore. If you want to go to university you need to do A Levels, the full two years.
Reply 5
I’m going into year 13, don’t come to NCS. It is so rubbish, they display many opportunities on their website which only like 3 people in the year get chosen. You have to suck up to mr Ismail to be given any work experience and opportunities. One of my friends has a medical conditon so when to A and E on a school day when she came back the headteacher gave her a detention for missing school. She also was asked to leave at the beginning of the year because she was missing day. The school is very disrespectful and stuck up, so are most of the people who think they are so nice. I’m not gonna lie not everyone is like that I have made good friends in NCS but all we do is complain about how we hate NCS. Join us if you are willing to suck up to our headteacher.

They do kick you out if you don’t get CCC, last week during results day one of my good friends got kicked out. There were also many people in our head teachers office trying to save their place. It was crazy

I went to the taster day btw and loved it, the taster day doesn’t represent at all how the school Truely is.
Reply 6
Original post by Whata
As qualifications don’t even exist anymore. If you want to go to university you need to do A Levels, the full two years.

Brampton acc does offer AS qualifications not like LAE or NCS. Just got my results back last week and couldnt be more pleased, all the credit defo goes to the teachers and the amazing ppl i have met this yr.
Reply 7
Original post by prime111
Brampton acc does offer AS qualifications not like LAE or NCS. Just got my results back last week and couldnt be more pleased, all the credit defo goes to the teachers and the amazing ppl i have met this yr.

Ohhh I had no idea, good that ur enjoying yourself

Did you finish y12 or y13?
How is the sixth form like? I'm happy that you are pleased with your results. Would you like to share what you did to get them? Like how much did you revise, what did you use to revise, how often did you revise, how do the teachers help you with work, etc.
Reply 9
Original post by earthworm206
Did you finish y12 or y13?
How is the sixth form like? I'm happy that you are pleased with your results. Would you like to share what you did to get them? Like how much did you revise, what did you use to revise, how often did you revise, how do the teachers help you with work, etc.

Yh the sixth form is kinda like secondary skl again which is good imo cos the teachers acc care about you and ur future,the same cant be said about colleges. I didnt revise as much i thought i should of tbh, not trying to be cocky but cos of the good teaching and the competitive atmosphere there we are driven to do better. The teachers stay behind after skl to help u without fail. But just a heads up the grades that this skl gets is imo due to the sheer amount of tests we get. Like we had a bio exam nearly every 4 weeks which was exhausting but well worth it in the end.
And yh just finished yr 12
Yh the sixth form is kinda like secondary skl again which is good imo cos the teachers acc care about you and ur future,the same cant be said about colleges. I didnt revise as much i thought i should of tbh, not trying to be cocky but cos of the good teaching and the competitive atmosphere there we are driven to do better. The teachers stay behind after skl to help u without fail. But just a heads up the grades that this skl gets is imo due to the sheer amount of tests we get. Like we had a bio exam nearly every 4 weeks which was exhausting but well worth it in the end.

Thank you for the response. I may consider going to Brampton. So you did Biology then? What other subjects did you do?
Reply 12
Original post by Ahmed$93

Brampton

Quick Reply

Latest