The Student Room Group

Suggest careers and degrees for these A Levels!

Maths, History, Politics and Psychology.

If I dropped one it would be History or Psychology most likely. Any ideas for degrees or careers? I’m just thinking finance or law.
Reply 1
Original post by Conniestitution

If I dropped one it would be History or Psychology most likely. Any ideas for degrees or careers? I’m just thinking finance or law.

What kind of grades are you (reasonably) aiming at? Looks a good mix for either law or finance.

There's literally a bunch of careers that fall under "management" or "consulting" or "sales" as well. Policy roles in the government. UX research roles in tech. Tonnes of routes.

If you LOVE technical stuff - there's always software engineering.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ajj2000
What kind of grades are you (reasonably) aiming at? Looks a good mix for either law or finance.

Thank you! And my GCSEs just came through with 999988876 and a Distinction*, so I reckon I would be safe aiming for (minimum) As and Bs at A Level.
Original post by Princepieman
There's literally a bunch of careers that fall under "management" or "consulting" or "sales" as well. Policy roles in the government. UX research roles in tech. Tonnes of routes.

If you LOVE technical stuff - there's always software engineering.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! I’m not the best technician though - 6 in computing 😂
Reply 5
Thank you! And my GCSEs just came through with 999988876 and a Distinction*, so I reckon I would be safe aiming for (minimum) As and Bs at A Level.

Those are great results! Many congratulations! I think maths and history A levels leave everything open for you. Maybe look into law degrees and careers, PPE, finance/ management degrees and see if that appeals.

As a bit of a different suggestion, if you are interested in themes like politics and psychology maybe see how you are getting on with A level maths. Maths/ stats degrees lead to some really interesting jobs connected with those areas - statistical research for example. Also good for financial careers.
Original post by ajj2000
Those are great results! Many congratulations! I think maths and history A levels leave everything open for you. Maybe look into law degrees and careers, PPE, finance/ management degrees and see if that appeals.

As a bit of a different suggestion, if you are interested in themes like politics and psychology maybe see how you are getting on with A level maths. Maths/ stats degrees lead to some really interesting jobs connected with those areas - statistical research for example. Also good for financial careers.

Thank you! I’ll take everything into account, I appreciate it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest