The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

The Official 2019 Bristol Applicants Thread

Here it is - The Official Bristol Applicants 2019

IF BRISTOL (or other universities) SENDS OUT OFFERS TO OTHER PEOPLE (EVEN FOR THE SAME COURSE), THAT DOESN'T MEAN YOU'VE BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL.

Information about you:
- Which course(s) are you interested in?
- What were your GCSE grades?
- What are your predicted AS/A Level grades? (if/when applicable)
- Other Universities you're applying to.
- What are your extra-curricular interests?
- A random and fun fact about you!

**I finally sent my application off today (21/11/18 at 16:58)**
- What are your predicted AS/A Level grades? (if/when applicable)? I am currently doing an engineering foundation. I achieved AAB(Maths Economics Art) at A-Level 2018
- Other Universities you're applying to? Warwick, Edinburgh, Nottingham and Liverpool.
- What are your extra-curricular interests? Lacrosse
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hello. This is a nice idea :smile:
Information about you:
- Which course(s) are you interested in? Theatre&French joint hons or perhaps something to do with literature/history/philosophy
- What were your GCSE grades? 1A*, 2As, 2 9s (A**), 2Bs, 3Cs, 1 5 (C/B). Very confusing to have a mix of numbers and letters but we were the guinea pigs last year!
- What are your predicted AS/A Level grades? (if/when applicable) AAB/ABB
- What are your extra-curricular interests? Going to my youth theatre group, jogging, reading, watching a worrying amount of British comedies on Netflix...

-A random and fun fact about you! I used to want to be an olympic gymnast. Also going to a state school WHOOP FREE EDUCATION. Still leaving the door ajar for a gap yah but I doubt I'll be "finding myself" in Fiji anytime soon.
(edited 5 years ago)
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by UncondtionalA*

A bit early but why not!

Information about you:

- Course: Chemistry
- GCSEs: 2A*s (Chemistry and Physics), 6As (including early entry Biology, 77 in Maths and English Lit), 1C (5 in Language), 1D (German, was gutted as I was working at a B all year). Not what I wanted at all but I had exenuating circumstances.
- Predictions: A*A*A*A (Chemistry, Physics, Psychology, Mathematics). Other unis I’m applying to include Oxford, Birmingham, Southampton, maybe Edinburgh or Warwick.
- Extra-curriculars: running, weight training, reading, video games, badminton

Random fact: I hate being asked to give a random fact :smile:

Jk, my family and I presume I was left handed but taught to be right handed from a young age, although I use my left for most gross motor tasks and I’m trying to teach myself to write with my left (quite easy as I’m naturally inclined towards it, just need to pick up speed and a little stability).
(edited 5 years ago)

A bit early but why not!

Information about you:

- What are your predicted AS/A Level grades? (if/when applicable)? I am currently doing an engineering foundation. I achieved AAB(Maths Economics Business) at A-Level 2018
- What are your extra-curricular interests? Lacrosse & American Football, although i like binge watching tv shows on netflix *if that counts*
- A random and fun fact about you! I went to a state-school. Not the 'GAP Yah' type of guy!

1) Medicine (undergraduate)
2) 6A*s 4As 1B
3) I got AAAA in Biology Chemistry Physics and Maths at AS but I still have to wait to get my predicted grades but they will probably be A*A*A
4) Football, Swimming, Chess
- Which course(s) are you interested in? French and German
- What were your GCSE grades? 2 9s, 1 7, 7 A*s, 1 A
- What are your predicted AS/A Level grades? (if/when applicable) Predicted A*A*A* for English Literature, History, and French
- What are your extra-curricular interests? I love debating!
- A random and fun fact about you! I really love dogs and want to adopt one when I'm older :smile:
- Which course(s) are you interested in? Maths/Electronic Eng (Applying to Cambridge, Imperial, UCL, Warwick as well)
- What were your GCSE grades? 998A*A*A*A*A*A*AAA (and A in FSMQ Add Maths)
- What are your predicted AS/A Level grades? (if/when applicable) AAAA in AS, predicted A*A*A*A* in Maths, FM, Physics, Chem
- What are your extra-curricular interests? Piano, Guitar, Games, Programming, Maths Olympiad Problems, Maths, Maths and Maths
- A random and fun fact about you! Idk I'm multilingual I guess
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by florencemaye

Hello. This is a nice idea :smile:
Information about you:
- Which course(s) are you interested in? Theatre&French joint hons or perhaps something to do with literature/history/philosophy
- What were your GCSE grades? 1A*, 2As, 2 9s (A**), 2Bs, 3Cs, 1 5 (C/B). Very confusing to have a mix of numbers and letters but we were the guinea pigs last year!
- What are your predicted AS/A Level grades? (if/when applicable) AAB/ABB
- What are your extra-curricular interests? Going to my youth theatre group, jogging, reading, watching a worrying amount of British comedies on Netflix...

-A random and fun fact about you! I used to want to be an olympic gymnast. Also going to a state school WHOOP FREE EDUCATION. Still leaving the door ajar for a gap yah but I doubt I'll be "finding myself" in Fiji anytime soon.

Free Education SQUAD <3
I am also going travelling after my foundation year xD
What course are you interested in? French and italian
What were your GCSE grades ? 9 A*s, 2 As
What are your predicted grades? A* A* A* (French, history, English literature)
What are your extra curricular interests? I love reading, playing ukulele and swimming
Random fact: im multilingual :smile:
Original post by Accio_Cake
- Which course(s) are you interested in? French and German
- What were your GCSE grades? 2 9s, 1 7, 7 A*s, 1 A
- What are your predicted AS/A Level grades? (if/when applicable) Predicted A*A*A* for English Literature, History, and French
- What are your extra-curricular interests? I love debating!
- A random and fun fact about you! I really love dogs and want to adopt one when I'm older :smile:

Same course and same a level subjects! (Well I'm doing modern languages too) :smile:
Original post by Janeb120
Same course and same a level subjects! (Well I'm doing modern languages too) :smile:

Whoa, and we have the same GCSE results (assuming 9=A*) and predicted grades too! What other unis do you reckon you'll apply to?
(edited 5 years ago)
Whoa, and we have the same GCSE results (assuming 9=A*) and predicted grades too! What other unis do you reckon you'll apply to?

Well I'm applying to Oxford too so it's my first choice atm but I'm going to Bristol open day in a few weeks as it'll probably be my other choice if I don't get into Oxford or if I prefer it over Oxford! What made you choose Bristol?

Im also applying to Durham, Warwick and Exeter
Original post by Janeb120
Well I'm applying to Oxford too so it's my first choice atm but I'm going to Bristol open day in a few weeks as it'll probably be my other choice if I don't get into Oxford or if I prefer it over Oxford! What made you choose Bristol?

Im also applying to Durham, Warwick and Exeter

I'm giving Cambridge a shot, although from what I've seen I pretty much like Bristol the same amount. My cousin just graduated from there this year and absolutely loved all four years of it. I'm really attracted to the flexibility the Bristol degree offers (especially from second year), and they state that they're strong in German cultural history which is something I'm interested in (and will be writing about in my PS). I'm also going to the open day! (sept 8th right?)

Apart from Cambridge and Bristol, I will apply to Durham and likely Nottingham and Cardiff.
I'm giving Cambridge a shot, although from what I've seen I pretty much like Bristol the same amount. My cousin just graduated from there this year and absolutely loved all four years of it. I'm really attracted to the flexibility the Bristol degree offers (especially from second year), and they state that they're strong in German cultural history which is something I'm interested in (and will be writing about in my PS). I'm also going to the open day! (sept 8th right?)

Apart from Cambridge and Bristol, I will apply to Durham and likely Nottingham and Cardiff.

Ohh that's cool, I'm in the same position haha, I fairly equal between Oxford and Bristol. Bristol has the more flexible course and I love the city..also I seem to only hear good things about it! See you on the open day (maybe)
What else are you writing on your personal statement?
Hi, an international student here. We do have our own local qualification but since I have US qualifications as well I’ll just put them here.

Course: Psychology
ACT: 36/6
SAT2: 800 (math2), 790 (Bio), 790 (Chem)
APs: 5s in Psych, Calc AB, Stats, Bio, Chem, Macro, Micro
Other choices: Oxford, UCL, Durham, Bath (at the moment)
Extracurriculars: some leadership and volunteering, Soccer, Canoeing, going out??
Fun fact: I can whistle, does that count?
Which course(s) are you interested in? - Sociology/Politics and Sociology
- What were your GCSE grades? - 1 A*, 3A's and 5B's
- What are your predicted AS/A Level grades? (if/when applicable) -
A (Sociology) C's (In History and Government and Politics) and E (Biology) ( Predicted grades are probably A*AB - ABB in Sociology, Government and Politics, and History respectively) *I'm repeating AS History and Gov & Pol also*
- What are your extra-curricular interests? - I am currently trying to find good books on Politics and Sociology for my UCAS and to keep up to date with world political and social affairs.
- A random and fun fact about you! - I live in Northern Ireland and I once started yelling in a taxi on the way home from a nightclub "that's an SAT word!!" (whilst drunk of course) and I have a part-time job in a shop.
Original post by Vertigo77
x
(edited 5 years ago)
live in Northern Ireland and I once started yelling in a taxi on the way home from a nightclub "that's an SAT word!!" (whilst drunk of course) and I have a part-time job in a shop.

I am sure we have all done something wild when drunk. in year 10, me and my friends were drinking and ended up dancing on his roof at 2am. It was indeed very embarrassing
(edited 5 years ago)
Name: Hannah
Course Interested in: Liberal Arts with Study Abroad
GCSE: 8A*s, 4As + Merit in BTEC ICT
A Levels: A* Psychology, A* Art, A Biology
Hobbies: volunteering, learning Spanish and I run an art account on Instagram (www.instagram.com/thought_creations)
Other unis I'm interested in: Uni of Leeds, Uni of Birmingham, UCL, Edinburgh
(edited 5 years ago)
I am sure we have all done something wild when drunk. in year 10, me and my friends were drinking and ended up dancing on his roof at 2am. It was indeed very embarrassing

Yeah tbh I think we all go a bit wild when drunk but dancing on a roof in 4th year is hilarious lol
Yeah tbh I think we all go a bit wild when drunk but dancing on a roof in 4th year is hilarious lol

without a doubt. .

Does anyone know if they have a 2019 Applicants Facebook GC?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending