The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham foundation centre 2019 entry

This September I am submitting an application for a foundation year at Durham (2019 entry). When am I likely to hear back from Durham (accepting/rejecting) ?

Scroll to see replies

Anyone?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Pls
Haha foundation
Original post by ChemistryGuy1998
Haha foundation

??
Any serious answers?
Final bump
Reply 7
The deadline for the applications is January 15th, as with most undergraduate courses, so you probably won't hear back until after that. It's also good to keep in mind that for the Foundation centre you won't be getting an offer straightaway, but will be invited to an assessment day where you'll have a short test and an interview.
Original post by Joannaj
The deadline for the applications is January 15th, as with most undergraduate courses, so you probably won't hear back until after that. It's also good to keep in mind that for the Foundation centre you won't be getting an offer straightaway, but will be invited to an assessment day where you'll have a short test and an interview.

That sounds accurate. I was only asking because some people on here have claimed to have received an invitation to the assessment day, or even a straight unconditional offer, just weeks after applying?
Reply 9
Technically most universities wait until after the January deadline, but sometimes they start making offers earlier than that. So it's not impossible, but I wouldn't really count on hearing back before the new year. Also, the Foundation centre has changed its rules, so now all applicants have to go through an assessment day before they get an offer, and the assessment days are held in February and March, so you wouldn't know for sure until then anyway.
Reply 10
I will also be applying for the Foundation Year 2019 entry.
My issue is that I can't attend an assessment day, as I will be out of the country until university starts.
Do you think they would still consider my application?
I will be going to the university open day at the end of September, so I can have a chat to the staff then.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by Notsureimsure
That sounds accurate. I was only asking because some people on here have claimed to have received an invitation to the assessment day, or even a straight unconditional offer, just weeks after applying?

Original post by MayaB94
I will also be applying for the Foundation Year 2019 entry.
My issue is that I can't attend an assessment day, as I will be out of the country until university starts.
Do you think they would still consider my application?

I will be going to the university open day at the end of September, so I can have a chat to the staff then.

I did foundation 2018 intake and received an unconditional offer with no assessment day a few weeks after applying. I'm an EU student though, so might be different if you're a home student. I think about a handful of us got unconditional offers and most home students sat assessment day. You can always ring them and ask, they're super helpful.

If you guys have any other questions about foundation I'll do my best to answer.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Kharon1
I did foundation 2018 intake and received an unconditional offer with no assessment day a few weeks after applying. I'm an EU student though, so might be different if you're a home student. I think about a handful of us got unconditional offers and most home students sat assessment day. You can always ring them and ask, they're super helpful.

If you guys have any other questions about foundation I'll do my best to answer.

I am applying due to mitigating circumstances (missed whole of A2 year and the year after due to illness), will I have to submit a normal personal statement (as you would do when applying to uni) as well as the mitigating circumstances form?
Reply 13
Original post by Notsureimsure
I am applying due to mitigating circumstances (missed whole of A2 year and the year after due to illness), will I have to submit a normal personal statement (as you would do when applying to uni) as well as the mitigating circumstances form?

Not sure about the mitigating circumstances form, but definitely mention your circumstances in the personal statement.
Did you do ever hear back ?
Original post by Izzyhub4
Did you do ever hear back ?

Still waiting :sleep: hoping to hear something in the next week or two. Did you apply?
I’m waiting too... mature student wanting to stude Archaeology BA with foundation, wish they’d hurry up !
Yeah I applied about 2 weeks ago. We should hear back before the 9th of February
I’ve just read 24 rd feb is the last date for foundation interviews so at latest should hear 2 weeks before that.
It’s a long wait as I’m a self employed carpenter, and would like to know what I’m doing with the rest of my life hahaha
I’ve just read 24 rd feb is the last date for foundation interviews so at latest should hear 2 weeks before that.
It’s a long wait as I’m a self employed carpenter, and would like to know what I’m doing with the rest of my life hahahan

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending