The Student Room Group

Do ordinary nightclub rules apply when the club is rented out

So someone I know is having a birthday party soon. They want it in a nightclub. There’s one that’s good and allows to be privately rented for parties. Only problem is they have friends coming who won’t be 18. will they be allowed in since it’s a private party or will they be declined anyway. It’s guest list only the party
Original post by Studentboy783
So someone I know is having a birthday party soon. They want it in a nightclub. There’s one that’s good and allows to be privately rented for parties. Only problem is they have friends coming who won’t be 18. will they be allowed in since it’s a private party or will they be declined anyway. It’s guest list only the party

They will be allowed in as its a private venue. They still shouldnt be served alcohol as those rules apply and they still need to protect their licence.. probably more relaxed though.
Original post by 999tigger
They will be allowed in as its a private venue. They still shouldnt be served alcohol as those rules apply and they still need to protect their licence.. probably more relaxed though.

It would be going dry for the night the party is closer to a disco party than a bar. Most of the people coming are people who’d dance to nearly anything and with anyone so they have no problem with it going dry
There's a whole load of alcohol licensing laws surrounding this kind of thing and when alcohol is sold etc etc

Best bet is to ask the nightclub themself what the scenario would be
Original post by AzureCeleste
There's a whole load of alcohol licensing laws surrounding this kind of thing and when alcohol is sold etc etc

Best bet is to ask the nightclub themself what the scenario would be

I’d be requesting they go dry so alcohol wouldn’t be around (at least not through the bar)

When I was in 6th form a lot of friends would hire out venues for their 18th birthdays and there was never any problem with under 18's getting in or alcohol being served, they'd just have to ID people if they wanted to buy alcohol although they didn't bat an eyelid if someone went up to the bar and got multiple drinks which were obviously for their 16/17 year old friends. Bear in mind this was a smaller town so some larger towns and cities might be a bit more strict about it.
(edited 5 years ago)
It would be going dry for the night the party is closer to a disco party than a bar. Most of the people coming are people who’d dance to nearly anything and with anyone so they have no problem with it going dry

Then its just really a room and you would be fine. Age wouldnt be an issue if theres no alcohol.Am sure the club would have its won rules in place for challenge ID if there was alcohol.
(edited 5 years ago)
I’d be requesting they go dry so alcohol wouldn’t be around (at least not through the bar)

Should be fine then

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending