The Student Room Group

what to expect Sainsbury's induction day - general assistant

Im unsure on what to expect about the induction day. Do you wear the same stuff you wore to the interview? Are you given the uniform to wear straight away? Are you shown how to do it all and do you have someone with you all day to show you how to do it all? How many hours is the induction day?? Thankyou*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SexyPakiPrincess
Im unsure on what to expect about the induction day. Do you wear the same stuff you wore to the interview? Are you given the uniform to wear straight away? Are you shown how to do it all and do you have someone with you all day to show you how to do it all? How many hours is the induction day?? Thankyou*

Best to ask these questions to the person running the induction, who I assume will be your manager.
Wear smart clothes although you'll spend most of the day in a training room listening to someone chat to you about things like health and safety and think 25 etc. it's actually really dull but it's only a day now. when I started about 4 years ago it was 3 days long!

as for uniform, if it's anything like my store you probably won't get when you first start. It will probably be a week or so till you get it and until then just wear smart clothes on the shop floor while you're working stock.

it's actually really chilled out. you'll be in a group of about 5-10 people and you'll stay with them all day (about 8 hours). you'll get a tour of the shop and that. it's nothing to worry about and it's actually an alright place to work :smile:
when u say smart clothing. what would u reccomend? at the interview i wore trousers with a white shirt with a jacket
trousers and a nice top would be fine. you probably don't need the jacket. it's probably going to be roasting upstairs. also you won't actually do any work on the shop floor at your induction but on your first shift you should hopefully have a buddy to help you out or you'll be in a group with someone helping you learn what to do :smile:
Hi there anyone online ,
I have an induction pf sainsburys on friday and was said to be there by 10:00 . Though i have no idea how long will it be . But i would like to know about this email i got after i signed the contract electronically regarding MY SAINSBURYS LEARNING where they gave me username and password to see more abt sainsbury but i failed to log in due to numerous attempts for wrong password lol. Is this my sainsbury learning very important? I feel scared and the store is not picking up my call meybe they are busy but i am starting to panic now . Help me anyone if u have any information regarding this.

Thankyou.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
Hi there anyone online ,
I have an induction pf sainsburys on friday and was said to be there by 10:00 . Though i have no idea how long will it be . But i would like to know about this email i got after i signed the contract electronically regarding MY SAINSBURYS LEARNING where they gave me username and password to see more abt sainsbury but i failed to log in due to numerous attempts for wrong password lol. Is this my sainsbury learning very important? I feel scared and the store is not picking up my call meybe they are busy but i am starting to panic now . Help me anyone if u have any information regarding this.

Thankyou.

I would guess it contains online information on procedures as Well as information on product lines and brands etc,
Hi there anyone online ,

Thankyou.

does it say you have to do anything in the email using the login details cos if not then there's nothing to worry about
(Original post by SexyPakiPrincess)does it say you have to do anything in the email using the login details cos if not then there's nothing to worry about

nope it doesnt say do anything at all. Just learning more abt sainsbuy thats it . Hmmm
How long did it take for Sainsbury’s to let you guys know about the outcome of your interview? It’s been 6 days now and I haven’t received a call or email...
Reply 10
Two weeks

(Original post by Anonymous)How long did it take for Sainsbury’s to let you guys know about the outcome of your interview? It’s been 6 days now and I haven’t received a call or email...
How long did it take for Sainsbury’s to let you guys know about the outcome of your interview? It’s been 6 days now and I haven’t received a call or email...

i was told i would get a call in 6 days but ended up getting an email 3 weeks after telling me i got the job
2-3 weeks?! I need a job now nvm 3 weeks 😂 And also there's that chance I won't be accepted so I could end up waiting that long for nothing...smh what a pi** take
Well i waited for two weeks coz the interviewer told me i will be offered the job for sure thus.

lol
(Original post by Anonymous)2-3 weeks?! I need a job now nvm 3 weeks 😂 And also there's that chance I won't be accepted so I could end up waiting that long for nothing...smh what a pi** take
2-3 weeks?! I need a job now nvm 3 weeks 😂 And also there's that chance I won't be accepted so I could end up waiting that long for nothing...smh what a

if your whinging this much then just decline when they offer you it. jobs aren't handed out overnight u flid
Original post by SexyPakiPrincess
if your whinging this much then just decline when they offer you it. jobs aren't handed out overnight u flid

Overnight and 3 weeks are two different things u b**ch, why post the job advert if they’re just gonna make candidates wait overall another month to get their f**king place, stupid c*nts. Oh but if a candidate turns up to an interview 5 mins late they have a fit and tell them “your wasting our time.” Double standards 🤬🤬.
Overnight and 3 weeks are two different things u b**ch, why post the job advert if they’re just gonna make candidates wait overall another month to get their f**king place, stupid c*nts. Oh but if a candidate turns up to an interview 5 mins late they have a fit and tell them “your wasting our time.” Double standards 🤬🤬.

triggered
One can wait while applying to another one. There is no push !!! To stay quiet and wait for that one job. Each to their own ! But hah you guys carry on let me GRAB MY POPCORN !!!! (Original post by SexyPakiPrincess)triggered
One can wait while applying to another one. There is no push !!! To stay quiet and wait for that one job. Each to their own ! But hah you guys carry on let me GRAB MY POPCORN !!!! (Original post by SexyPakiPrincess)triggered

Hahahaha she’s going to start crying if I carry on best leave it 🤐 but I just think it’s disrespectful that they make you wait that long that’s all
Being disrespectful is somethig else. This is more like time consuming and somewhat a waste for the candidates who are desperate to do the job because one might be wanting to get the job asap . The anxiety level is too high during those periods where one might take wrong step too .

(Original post by Anonymous)Hahahaha she’s going to start crying if I carry on best leave it 🤐 but I just think it’s disrespectful that they make you wait that long that’s all

Quick Reply

Latest