The Student Room Group

medify mocks vs ukcat real exam?!?!?!?!!?!?!?

im doing medify mocks and ive just gotten a really bad average and im wondering what the medify mocks are compared to the real thing?
are they harder? easier? the same?! any help would be amazing,
thanks
It can vary but they tend to be a fairly accurate representation. I got a much higher score in the real thing than in the mocks though
Original post by Foreverton
It can vary but they tend to be a fairly accurate representation. I got a much higher score in the real thing than in the mocks though

ughhh, like im going for the biomed to med route anyway and like two foundation courses but i still wanna get a decent score on this ukcat to be considered for those foundation courses as well yknow??
i do well on the timed practice tests, for example when i do 30 DM ones, i get around 20-something marks but in the actual minimocks and mocks, it always drops to 10 and its so frustrating :/

also,,, what score did you get in the real thing?
Original post by medicinemaniac
ughhh, like im going for the biomed to med route anyway and like two foundation courses but i still wanna get a decent score on this ukcat to be considered for those foundation courses as well yknow??
i do well on the timed practice tests, for example when i do 30 DM ones, i get around 20-something marks but in the actual minimocks and mocks, it always drops to 10 and its so frustrating :/

Are you applying this year then?
Original post by AzureCeleste
Are you applying this year then?

yeah, im applying this year!.. like i just did a timed VR practice question one and got 28/41 which equates to around 670, yet in my mock (medify mock 3) yesterday i got 570, im really open to the biomed route since ive spoken to loads of people who are either doctors and med grads who wish they did the biomed route since it expands your knowledge etc, and ive seen some biomed or applied medical courses which allow transfers like swansea...im still worried about my UKCAT though, i wanna get a decent score ah
yeah, im applying this year!.. like i just did a timed VR practice question one and got 28/41 which equates to around 670, yet in my mock (medify mock 3) yesterday i got 570, im really open to the biomed route since ive spoken to loads of people who are either doctors and med grads who wish they did the biomed route since it expands your knowledge etc, and ive seen some biomed or applied medical courses which allow transfers like swansea...im still worried about my UKCAT though, i wanna get a decent score ah

Utilise your minute 'breather' between each section. It may be that doing it all at once frazzles your brain a little which causes a lower score

All I can really say is the more you practice the better you’ll do. I got high 600s to mid 700s in mocks and got 807.5 in the real thing
Original post by AzureCeleste
Utilise your minute 'breather' between each section. It may be that doing it all at once frazzles your brain a little which causes a lower score

thats a very good point actually, thank you :smile:

All I can really say is the more you practice the better you’ll do. I got high 600s to mid 700s in mocks and got 807.5 in the real thing

aye ive been 'revising' ever since beginning of august, and i have 4 days till my exam so im just gonna like try my hardest and thats amazing!!! well done, my scores arent that high, gah, i wish
aye ive been 'revising' ever since beginning of august, and i have 4 days till my exam so im just gonna like try my hardest and thats amazing!!! well done, my scores arent that high, gah, i wish

Thank you! With 4 days you just need to be doing as much practice as you can but try to chill a bit the day before so you’re fresh and alert for the real thing
yeah im doing bursts of practices during the day since i had to take a few days out recently since i overdid it and burned out :/ do you advice to do any practice the day before? im not planning to do any on the day because ill stress out if it goes bad
Thank you! With 4 days you just need to be doing as much practice as you can but try to chill a bit the day before so you’re fresh and alert for the real thing
yeah im doing bursts of practices during the day since i had to take a few days out recently since i overdid it and burned out :/ do you advice to do any practice the day before? im not planning to do any on the day because ill stress out if it goes bad

I did one mock the day before but not sure how much difference it made. I don’t think you have to but you can if it would make you feel more prepared
I did one mock the day before but not sure how much difference it made. I don’t think you have to but you can if it would make you feel more prepared

the thing is, ive done 3 mocks recently, they all havent gone the way i wanted them to, my average was bad and its kinda made me lose a bit of confidence :frown:
the thing is, ive done 3 mocks recently, they all havent gone the way i wanted them to, my average was bad and its kinda made me lose a bit of confidence :frown:

Have you been identifying why it’s gone badly and looking at how to improve on those things?
same thing except when I do mini-mocks I show improvement for QR but when I do the practice time-limit I get lower than I do in the mocks, and it's the opposite for verbal reasoning, I think it depends on the type of questions you get given.

You'll be fine so long as you keep on practicing, then at least you know you tried, mines at the end of sep on the 21st and I honestly think I'm going to blow it..
Good luck for your exam, best tip I can give, is to relax like the day before don't stress yourself out, do some questions on the day of your exam, not too much, also go back on all the things you get wrong, you never know similar questions could appear on the test day.
VR in real exam has same difficulty level of passages, maybe even easier, but the question options are harder.
QR / DM is same, maybe DM is easier than medify, but definitely not harder.
AR is easier than medify.
I did worse on the real thing but it was completely due to my maths failing ://
Have you been identifying why it’s gone badly and looking at how to improve on those things?

yeah, i think ive overdone it idk
Original post by kekedoyouloveme?
same thing except when I do mini-mocks I show improvement for QR but when I do the practice time-limit I get lower than I do in the mocks, and it's the opposite for verbal reasoning, I think it depends on the type of questions you get given.

You'll be fine so long as you keep on practicing, then at least you know you tried, mines at the end of sep on the 21st and I honestly think I'm going to blow it..
Good luck for your exam, best tip I can give, is to relax like the day before don't stress yourself out, do some questions on the day of your exam, not too much, also go back on all the things you get wrong, you never know similar questions could appear on the test day.

yeah i know ive tried my hardest tbh and good luck!!! im sure you'll do well!! and i might avoid questions on the day bc if i get loads of stuff wrong then itll whack my confidence
Original post by chairandtable123
VR in real exam has same difficulty level of passages, maybe even easier, but the question options are harder.
QR / DM is same, maybe DM is easier than medify, but definitely not harder.
AR is easier than medify.
I did worse on the real thing but it was completely due to my maths failing ://

ahhh thank you, i feel like its different for everybody :frown: some people say QR is harder or VR is easier etc

Latest

Trending

Trending