The Student Room Group

Uni room decoration

Heya, so i'm off to uni in a couple of weeks, but really wanna be able to decorate my room nicely and generally just make it feel less bland :tongue: Anyone got any tricks/tips, considering my uni says we can't put anything on the walls (except for the pinboard)?
Reply 1
Original post by Kalahari99
Heya, so i'm off to uni in a couple of weeks, but really wanna be able to decorate my room nicely and generally just make it feel less bland :tongue: Anyone got any tricks/tips, considering my uni says we can't put anything on the walls (except for the pinboard)?

Use command strips to put things on the wall! You can buy them from amazon. They’re completely damage free.
Original post by ruthflame57
Use command strips to put things on the wall! You can buy them from amazon. They’re completely damage free.

Unless you remove them incorrectly in which case they can take paint off.
Reply 3
Original post by centraltrains
Unless you remove them incorrectly in which case they can take paint off.

Luckily that hasn’t happened to me yet!!
Reply 4
Fairylights are popular because you can loop them over things without actually sticking them to the walls (In halls I had them around my pinboard, and in second year around the headboard of my bed and draped over the surfaces. You could also put pictures and posters in frames and just prop them up against walls if you have enough room. Fake or real plants also look nice, you can get them from Ikea pretty cheap, and unis normally do a plant sale in freshers week.
Reply 5
Thanks guys, I'll give fairy lights n command strips a try :biggrin:
Original post by oswalds
Fairylights are popular because you can loop them over things without actually sticking them to the walls (In halls I had them around my pinboard, and in second year around the headboard of my bed and draped over the surfaces. You could also put pictures and posters in frames and just prop them up against walls if you have enough room. Fake or real plants also look nice, you can get them from Ikea pretty cheap, and unis normally do a plant sale in freshers week.

I did the same with fairy lights! And Ikea cacti are ace :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest