The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jøseph
Hii :biggrin: I'm Joseph, I'm 16 and I'm always tired. In my spare time I play guitar (self-taught), listen to music (mostly TØP), walk my dogs, read and sleep.

For GCSEs I got:
English Language: 8
English Literature: 8
Maths: 9
Biology: 9
Chemistry: 9
Physics: 9
Geography: 9
French: 8
Religious Studies: 9

For A levels I'm doing:
Biology
Chemistry
Maths
Further Maths

After sixth form I'll probably take a gap year, but I'm not sure. I don't know what career I want, but it'll be something to do with either medicine, animals or maths (I think).

I'm quite nervous for Year 12 because of a few reasons: I'm not good with meeting new people; there's high expectations; there's a huge workload; and it was hard enough trying to manage my mental health during my GCSEs - never mind A levels. But, at the same time I'm pretty excited and I think I'll enjoy it.

Here's my GYG: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5546376

Hey Joseph! Congratulations on your grades, they're amazing! Good luck with your A-Levels, they're really hefty so good luck, it'll be awesome! Good luck with everything, and well done for having such an awesome music taste!!

Spoiler

Original post by HowToBeABlobfish
Hey Joseph! Congratulations on your grades, they're amazing! Good luck with your A-Levels, they're really hefty so good luck, it'll be awesome! Good luck with everything, and well done for having such an awesome music taste!!

Spoiler

Thanks! Good luck to you too :smile:

Spoiler

- introduce yourself
I am Sean kelly and I am 16 and I am half Indonesian and half British
- what are your hobbies/interests?
I like to play video games and I like watching Widnes rugby with my family.
- what are you hoping/thinking you'll get for your gcses?
See below
- what are your actual gcse grades?
In my gcse I got 4 8s 1 7 3 6s and a 5
- what subjects are you planning to take?
Maths physics and economics
- if you are thinking of going to uni, what course do you want to and where do you plan to go?
Economics at either Manchester or Liverpool or maybe lancaster
- what career do you hope to have in the future?

Hoping to get a career in the financial sector
Original post by seanladd12
- introduce yourself
I am Sean kelly and I am 16 and I am half Indonesian and half British
- what are your hobbies/interests?
I like to play video games and I like watching Widnes rugby with my family.
- what are you hoping/thinking you'll get for your gcses?
See below
- what are your actual gcse grades?
In my gcse I got 4 8s 1 7 3 6s and a 5
- what subjects are you planning to take?
Maths physics and economics
- if you are thinking of going to uni, what course do you want to and where do you plan to go?
Economics at either Manchester or Liverpool or maybe lancaster
- what career do you hope to have in the future?

Hoping to get a career in the financial sector

hi sean! i'm half indonesian also:gah:
good luck for this year!:smile:
Original post by forre
Was the head start ting worth it?

I mean it was ok, it sort of made sure you fully understood certain bits of the gcse fully, and introduced key topics moving forward. If you were a bit behind or insecure at gcse, or if you feel like you forgot everything over the summer, then yh it's definitely worth it I guess. Otherwise, you probably know everything already and your teacher will teach you the new stuff next year so yh
Hi, I'm Fazzy_77. I'm 16 and a professional procrastinator.
For my GCSE's I achieved five 9's and five 8's.
For A-Levels I am planning to take Maths, Economics and Chemistry.
In the future I would like to go into computer science.
hey,,, i am spearmint67 (i didnt know what username to pick and i was chewing gum)

predicted/actual grade
computer science-- 7/8
eng lang--- U/6
eng lit--- 1/4
maths-- 6/5
music-- 6/3 (i got a 7 and 6 in practical work but did badly on the written exam)
combined science-- 4-3/6-5
history-- 3/5
re-- 1/3

taking computer science, history and photography for a levels.
wanna go university for computer science.
i like playing guitar, ukulele, piano (a bit) and drawing.
Original post by Fazzy_77
Hi, I'm Fazzy_77. I'm 16 and a professional procrastinator.
For my GCSE's I achieved five 9's and five 8's.
For A-Levels I am planning to take Maths, Economics and Chemistry.
In the future I would like to go into computer science.

Original post by spearmint67
hey,,, i am spearmint67 (i didnt know what username to pick and i was chewing gum)

predicted/actual grade
computer science-- 7/8
eng lang--- U/6
eng lit--- 1/4
maths-- 6/5
music-- 6/3 (i got a 7 and 6 in practical work but did badly on the written exam)
combined science-- 4-3/6-5
history-- 3/5
re-- 1/3

taking computer science, history and photography for a levels.
wanna go university for computer science.
i like playing guitar, ukulele, piano (a bit) and drawing.

good luck for this year both of you:smile:
I'm Shaw I just finished year 11.
Got 7s in most subjects but 8 in maths and 6 in RE
My A levels are Maths Further Maths Computer Science and Economics
I hope to study computer science at university and go into a career with computing or programming, potentially as a software engineer.
Original post by shawmc2002
I'm Shaw I just finished year 11.
Got 7s in most subjects but 8 in maths and 6 in RE
My A levels are Maths Further Maths Computer Science and Economics
I hope to study computer science at university and go into a career with computing or programming, potentially as a software engineer.

good luck!
Original post by ashestostardust
Hiya! I'm Molly and I'm good at crying! I am fiercely interested in politics, reading all sorts of things and creative writing. At GCSE I was so frickin blessed to get a 9, four 8s, three 7s, two A*s and an A. For A level, as it stands, I'm planning on taking English Lit, English Lang, Politics and an EPQ. Ideally, I'd like to study English Literature at Edinburgh although I am also looking at Exeter, Liverpool and Glasgow as backups (maybe also Oxford Brookes). Aspirationally speaking, I'd like to become a novelist but who honestly knows where life will take me at this point. Cannot wait to go back to school; I need some damn order in my life.
i love politics too and i'm taking it as well! are you a member of a party? (i'm a member of labour). i became an expert at crying after my 5 in history lmao but i'm hoping to make up for it in the A Level. congrats on your great results, and good luck with your future plans! x
Original post by saffburst
i love politics too and i'm taking it as well! are you a member of a party? (i'm a member of labour). i became an expert at crying after my 5 in history lmao but i'm hoping to make up for it in the A Level. congrats on your great results, and good luck with your future plans! x

I’m also a member of the Labour Party!!! Have been for about 2 years now! And Lmao I deserve a PhD with how much crying I do 😂😂good luck with your plans as well!! You’re gonna do great!
(edited 5 years ago)

hello everyone, i'm saffron. i enjoy politics, art, and i am currently attempting to teach myself the bass guitar ('attempting' being the key word). i got mostly 6s, a few 7s and an 8 in art (no idea how i pulled that one off) at GCSE. i also got a 5 in history but i'm currently trying not to think about that lol. i am planning to take art, politics and history for a level and i'm thinking of taking either politics or law at maybe bristol uni (though i hear that some unis don't accept art as an a level when doing a degree in law... so i guess i'll figure that one out nearer the time? eek...). as a career i hope to go into politics, though i'm 100% sure i will need a backup option somewhere along the way.
i don't have a GYG as i'm just taking things as they come, but i'm excited to be active on this thread. bye for now!

Original post by ashestostardust
I’m also a member of the Labour Party!!! Have been for about 2 years now! And Lmao I deserve a PhD with how much crying I do 😂😂good luck with your plans as well!! You’re gonna do great!
that's great! glad to meet another labourite:biggrin:. and fingers crossed for my future :s-smilie:
Original post by saffburst

hello everyone, i'm saffron. i enjoy politics, art, and i am currently attempting to teach myself the bass guitar ('attempting' being the key word). i got mostly 6s, a few 7s and an 8 in art (no idea how i pulled that one off) at GCSE. i also got a 5 in history but i'm currently trying not to think about that lol. i am planning to take art, politics and history for a level and i'm thinking of taking either politics or law at maybe bristol uni (though i hear that some unis don't accept art as an a level when doing a degree in law... so i guess i'll figure that one out nearer the time? eek...). as a career i hope to go into politics, though i'm 100% sure i will need a backup option somewhere along the way.
i don't have a GYG as i'm just taking things as they come, but i'm excited to be active on this thread. bye for now!

good luck for this year saffron:smile:
hey everyone, im C (don't want to post my name)

i got 6 9s, 2 8s and 2As in my gcses and I'm going to study biology, chemistry and maths along with an EPQ at a level.

I want to study medicine at university and I am currently wanting to go to Glasgow, but I am also looking at Newcastle and other universities as well.

I love finding new music to listen to and my favourite band is catfish and the bottleman, but i listen to pretty much any genre of music that I can. I also really like reading and running (when I can be bothered to at least).

My GYG is https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5547192 if anyone wants to check it out and I'd love to see some of yours! :smile:
Original post by shalomjackie
hey everyone, im C (don't want to post my name)

i got 6 9s, 2 8s and 2As in my gcses and I'm going to study biology, chemistry and maths along with an EPQ at a level.

I want to study medicine at university and I am currently wanting to go to Glasgow, but I am also looking at Newcastle and other universities as well.

I love finding new music to listen to and my favourite band is catfish and the bottleman, but i listen to pretty much any genre of music that I can. I also really like reading and running (when I can be bothered to at least).

My GYG is https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5547192 if anyone wants to check it out and I'd love to see some of yours! :smile:

your grades are so good:eek: good luck for this year!:smile:
will check out your gyg:heart:
Original post by entertainmyfaith
your grades are so good:eek: good luck for this year!:smile:
will check out your gyg:heart:

thank you so much!! good luck to you too <3
Heyy guys, I'm planning on doing chem, bio and re for A levels and i also might resit my maths gcse since i need a 6 in it but got a 5 instead haha
(edited 5 years ago)
Hi, I'm Becka. I just finished GCSEs and would like to do Maths(certain), physics(certain), and either chemistry or art at Alevel (not so sure). I got 9,9,8,8,8,8,8,8,A^,7,A. I've also always considered architecture as a career plan too, as I've always been good at art, however after going through the GCSE process of exams,I'm not sure if art is still worth my time. I love maths, and want to do a science- physics. My ideal combo would have included art, but now I'm reconsidering it (since I'm not sure if arch. would be too arty based - i just have really good skill in drawing- not actually being creative).
So would a better plan be to take Maths, Chemistry, Physics (keeping my options open) and then maybe make up a portfolio and maintain art as a hobby? Any opinions would help. Thanks.

Latest