The Student Room Group

First job ideas?

Hey guys! I’m 16 years old and I’ve been looking for a job for quite a while. Could you guys give me suggestions and places to work at? Especially those who accept those with no experience and first timers.

UK ONLYYY🤷🏽*♀️
McDonalds
KFC
Hickory dickory
Burger king
New look
Primark
Just shops like in the city centre or even in a local supermarket around you
Original post by joyceelyse
Hey guys! I’m 16 years old and I’ve been looking for a job for quite a while. Could you guys give me suggestions and places to work at? Especially those who accept those with no experience and first timers.

UK ONLYYY🤷🏽*♀️

Mcdonalds

UK ONLYYY🤷🏽*♀️

At 16 you can get a job almost anywhere. Kitchen staff at restaurants, service, retail
Reply 4
Original post by Emma:-)
Mcdonalds

Been to a lot of Mcdonalds interviews and they’ve all rejected me

UK ONLYYY🤷🏽*♀️

Hi there,

It's great you are looking for ideas for your first job but it might be useful to bear in mind if you are 16 in the UK it might be difficult to find a job as many employers will be expecting you to still be in some form of education until you are 18, especially because of the law on raising the participation age. This says that if you are 16 to 18 and looking to go into employment, it must be for more than 20 hours per week and you must also be working an average of one day a week towards an accredited qualification.

One way you can do this is with an apprenticeship which is where you work part time and study 1 or 2 days a week. You will gain valuable skills and an accredited qualification without the tuition fees and you will also earn a wage. You can find apprenticeships on the website below:

https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeshipsearch

You can also get individual personalised advice from a friendly expert careers adviser by calling 0800 100 900 or you can go to the website below. This way you can get a little more information about raising the participation age and you can also get access to help and support with whatever you would like your next steps to be.
https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/contact-us/home

I hope this helps and good luck!
Rosy
Reply 6
McDonalds is a great first job - you learn so much more working there than a lot of other places

in the USA it's either 1/4th or 1/5th of all peoples first job was at McDs

UK ONLYYY🤷🏽*♀️

Download these live streaming apps to make money for doing nothing:
Skout
Live.Me
Bigo Live
When people send you virtual gifts on live streaming apps you save them all up until you have thousands or 14,000 gifts then you can turn it into cash.
Watch other people first to see what they do. All you have to do is talk to people on it as a broadcaster.
There are a lot of bullying on live streaming but it depends on you how you deal with it.
You might have to pretend your 18 when signing up though so you just choose a birth date that adds up to 18. I have seen younger people on it though who are 10 or 13, 15 but I'm not sure how they got on it.

www.studentjobs.co.uk

Look on Google and Gumtree, type In jobs for 16 year olds or type apprenticeship jobs

Look up Whitehat Apprenticeships on google and apply.

They have loads of different jobs
Some apprenticeships pay a proper wage and some pay £400 a week which is really good money. Try to only go for apprenticeships that offer good money like £300 a week and not less.
Apprenticeships are way better than doing voluntary work because who the hell wants to work for free anymore ?

Also look up Gaming Jobs on google

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending