The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Biology - 5 (2 marks off a 6)
History - 6 (2 marks off a 7)
Maths - 5 (3 marks off a 6) (I’m not sure if it’s worth getting this remarked so if anyone could give me advice would be appreciated:smile: )
Reply 2
Original post by Farhana001
Biology - 5 (2 marks off a 6)
History - 6 (2 marks off a 7)
Maths - 5 (3 marks off a 6) (I’m not sure if it’s worth getting this remarked so if anyone could give me advice would be appreciated:smile: )

I would definitely get history remarked as 2 marks are probably quite easy to find.
However, biology and maths are less subjective and so are more unlikely to increase by more than a mark.
However, if you can pay for it, and are confident that you did well in both exams, I would get them remarked anyway as you have nothing to lose! (providing you are currently at least 5 marks above the grade boundary below)

I hope this helps!
Original post by Jomee15
I would definitely get history remarked as 2 marks are probably quite easy to find.
However, biology and maths are less subjective and so are more unlikely to increase by more than a mark.
However, if you can pay for it, and are confident that you did well in both exams, I would get them remarked anyway as you have nothing to lose! (providing you are currently at least 5 marks above the grade boundary below)

I hope this helps!

This has helped ! Thanks for taking the time to comment this :smile:
I'm getting my history, RE, and perhaps English Language remarked. My school is also getting my art remoderated because everyone's work was a write off.

In History I was predicted a 9 and came out with a 6 (3 off the 7 boundary too), so I'm getting that remarked because my raw scores just look completely wrong and make no sense. (OCR cocked my grades up majorly as well as those of some friends and I'm pretty angry about it.)

In RE I got an 8 (1 mark off the 9 boundary), so I'm going to try and get a nine.

In English Language I'm 3 marks off a 9 (which I was predicted), so I want to try and get that too.
I’m getting Biology and Chemistry remarked.
Chemistry two marks off a 9
Biology seven marks off an A (I know it probably won’t go up but for one paper in particular I feel like I did much better than i was marked and I found the mark scheme and from memory I didn’t loose as many marks as they have marked)
I am 5 marks away for a 4 in English Language, hopefully i receive it.
Has anyone got their AQA GSCE remarks back yet?
No not yet
(Original post by Jomee15)Is anyone getting their GCSE papers remarked? if so, which subject and how far off the next grade boundary are you?

I'm getting my English Language paper remarked from 8 to 9. I don't know how many marks off of a 9 I was but the school just made me sign a waiver. It's been about 11 days and still haven't heard back from them, don't know if that is a good or bad thing 😬
Reply 10
Edexcel Business...got a B but I was 1 mark off an A
English language... 1 mark off a 9!
Reply 12
Does anyone have any views about being 1 mark off a grade 6 for English Language? Is it worthwhile, I think to go from a 5 to a 4 would be a drop of 26 marks. I dont know if it's worth the risk. The board is Eduqas, does anyone have any experience of remarks with this board? Thanks
Original post by Miltonkeynes1
Has anyone got their AQA GSCE remarks back yet?

No, I'm waiting for English Language
Still waiting for AQA english lang, it's been 13 days and been told within 20 days! Everything crossed!
Reply 15
Still waiting for my English lang 3 marks below the grade I needed and can’t start a levels without it, hopefully get better start a levels 1-2 weeks late than just do btec
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 16
Good luck everyone!!! I’m still waiting for mine and recently did call a couple of people and they told me I should be expecting my remark on Friday, if not then I should contact them again. I was 1 mark off a 4 on gcse Maths (Aqa) and can’t go into University without it. So hopefully I we all get what we’re looking for. X
Original post by Udeh
Good luck everyone!!! I’m still waiting for mine and recently did call a couple of people and they told me I should be expecting my remark on Friday, if not then I should contact them again. I was 1 mark off a 4 on gcse Maths (Aqa) and can’t go into University without it. So hopefully I we all get what we’re looking for. X

Keeping my fingers crossed for you Udeh x
Original post by Udeh

Did you send as priority?
(edited 5 years ago)
Any news anyone?

Latest