The Student Room Group

EPQ question review

Hi everyone.
I am doing EPQ dissertation about plastics and this an example of my question do you think it's defining enough?

How come humans have not attained an execution for plastics excesses and what imply the consequences of the parable of plastics pollutions?
"How come" isn't an appropriate way to start.
"What imply" or "What implies"

Try again:biggrin:
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Grade A
"How come" isn't an appropriate way to start.
"What imply" or "What implies"

Try again:biggrin:

How evolve individuals have not attained an execution for plastics excesses and what imply the consequences of the parable of plastics pollutions?
What about now
I'll be honest, i'm not a professional in this area, so i'll tag some people in to see if they can help
@OxFossil @bobby147
Original post by ramaza_kin1
How evolve individuals have not attained an execution for plastics excesses and what imply the consequences of the parable of plastics pollutions?
What about now

Original post by Grade A
I'll be honest, i'm not a professional in this area, so i'll tag some people in to see if they can help
@OxFossil @bobby147

Oxfossil studied engineering so he is better for this.
Im not studying plastics sorry but Ill try anyway,ty for the tag.

Not sure what you mean by evolve individuals ?
Very sophisticated English but are you are basically asking why haven't people haven't been able to get rid or reduce excess plastic consumption and the consequences of this for the environment,human health ,etc ?
Reply 5
exactly!!! well, I guess I have to make it plainer English?
Original post by bobby147
Im not studying plastics sorry but Ill try anyway,ty for the tag.

Not sure what you mean by evolve individuals ?
Very sophisticated English but are you are basically asking why haven't people haven't been able to get rid or reduce excess plastic consumption and the consequences of this for the environment,human health ,etc ?
Original post by bobby147

Thanks, but the true extent of my ignorance is probably least easily exposed in biology.

However, @bobby147 is right in suggesting you sharpen up the formulation of your question. At present, you appear to be proposing two or three questions - one asking why we have so much plastic pollution, and a further one asking either what are the lessons to be learnt from this and/or what the consequences of plastic pollution might be? I would suggest a first step might be to try and formulate a single question. For example:

- what are the possible solutions for the current problem of ocean plastic pollution? OR
- is environmental plastics pollution really a threat to human health?

There should be ample material available to restrict your project to a single question in this way, and it will help keep you focused. If you start by reading a good background source , like this one from Imperial College , that may help you decide which aspect/question best suits your needs.
Reply 7
Now I understand thanks for the help. I did read the source you linked me and helped me to do a better topic title.

Original post by OxFossil
Thanks, but the true extent of my ignorance is probably least easily exposed in biology.

However, @bobby147 is right in suggesting you sharpen up the formulation of your question. At present, you appear to be proposing two or three questions - one asking why we have so much plastic pollution, and a further one asking either what are the lessons to be learnt from this and/or what the consequences of plastic pollution might be? I would suggest a first step might be to try and formulate a single question. For example:

- what are the possible solutions for the current problem of ocean plastic pollution? OR
- is environmental plastics pollution really a threat to human health?

There should be ample material available to restrict your project to a single question in this way, and it will help keep you focused. If you start by reading a good background source , like this one from Imperial College , that may help you decide which aspect/question best suits your needs.

Quick Reply

Latest