The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Private accommodation- Nottingham university

Hi,

Have an offer at Nottingham for English and Philosophy but accommodation is full so I am thinking of renting near the campus. Does anyone know the best student accommodation near Nottingham University Campus for freshers (it would be much appreciated) and is anyone in a similar position? xx

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yeah, missed the application for accommodation so am now also stuck without anywhere to stay lol. Would also really appreciate some advice on this as the people I spoke to on the phone at Nottingham Uni itself were pretty useless.. Thanks.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
hi, there, we currently needed a housemate for this year.
it is very close to the park campus - around 5-10 min depends which building ur course is
if you looking for space n interested to stay with us,
please dm me :3
im also in a similar position - any help would be hugely appriciated

and i agree the staff were pretty useless.
I will be studying philosophy and ethics, need accommodation too? Please let me know if you find anywhere as I’d rather be with 1st years too.?
I haven't done much research into whether it is the best but Fusion Students have accomodation in Nottingham. Although I also don't know about availability.

https://www.fusionstudents.co.uk/locations/student-accommodation-nottingham/
Reply 6
Hey Guys,

I rented private accommodation for my 2nd, 3rd and 4th years of my undergrad at Nottingham and used Unipol to search for property to rent near the university.

Would recommend giving it a quick look if you're ok house sharing with others.

http://www.unipol.org.uk/nottingham/accommodation
Its really impossible to get private accomodation around university park (where philosophy is). Another option however, is to live near jubilee campus as there is loads there,

Unite students riverpoint
Raleigh park (fresher heaven)
Manor villages
Nottingham two

Or you can live in the city center and have long commutes, but short nights home (nearer clubs) and you will make friends in first year with kids who go to trent. (Party way harder).
Reply 8
Hey,

Does anyone still not have any accommodation? If so where are you planning to stay? Got Nottingham offer through clearing so very slim chance of me getting on campus accommodation.
Reply 9
Original post by ijc498
Hey,

Does anyone still not have any accommodation? If so where are you planning to stay? Got Nottingham offer through clearing so very slim chance of me getting on campus accommodation.

I got an email this afternoon from the Uni Accommodation Services saying that I’m on some sort of waiting list and that I’ll here more about my position in around 5 days time. I even called the Uni Accommodation guys and they basically said that they are waiting on people to either confirm or cancel their position. So I’m a bit worried as well, I also tried to look for Private Accommodation around the area but it’s kinda hard! What about you, are you planning on staying anywhere if accommodation doesn’t work out?
Im currently looking for private accommodation or a house share as I was too late to apply for accommodation, anyone else in the same position? If anyone can recommend a sociable one that would be great.
Original post by elroberts
Im currently looking for private accommodation or a house share as I was too late to apply for accommodation, anyone else in the same position? If anyone can recommend a sociable one that would be great.

Yep I’m in the same position. Just looking now for housing, I’ll let you know if I find anything.
Original post by HarryC26
Yep I’m in the same position. Just looking now for housing, I’ll let you know if I find anything.

Thankyou! cant seem to find any private student accomodation, it all seems like shared housing is the only option. let me know!
i'm in a similar position! looking for advice or virtually any place with a bed and wifi
Reply 14
URGENTLY need someone to move into Radford House building at The Student Lodge student accommodation. The apartment is a single occupancy executive studio with an ensuite in spotless condition. I have deferred for a year due to unforeseen circumstances so I will not need a place to stay in Nottingham this year. The contract is a 48 week tenancy. Contract started 25/09/2018, ends 27/08/2019. I need someone to move in as soon as possible and I’ve paid for the first instalment. The rent is £114 per week including bills. Located on Radford Boulevard, NG7 5BB. Please contact me if you are interested.
(edited 5 years ago)
We have a room available in Lenton - 25-30mins walk from University if Nottingham. If you’re still looking, please PM me
Original post by willlvvv
Yeah, missed the application for accommodation so am now also stuck without anywhere to stay lol. Would also really appreciate some advice on this as the people I spoke to on the phone at Nottingham Uni itself were pretty useless.. Thanks.

Did you find anywhere yet? I’m looking for someone to take over my room. It’s in lenton. Few mins walk from uni. I go to ntu and it’s a trek for me so wanting to move back into halls there. 07816069199
Original post by nanaAboagye
i'm in a similar position! looking for advice or virtually any place with a bed and wifi

Did you find anywhere yet? I have a room in lenton that I’m looking for someone to take over ASAP. 07816069199
Original post by elroberts
Thankyou! cant seem to find any private student accomodation, it all seems like shared housing is the only option. let me know!
Original post by nanaAboagye

Did you find anywhere yet I am looking for someone to take over my room in a house share in lenton 07816069199
Original post by ijc498
Hey,

Are you still looking for something. I have a room in a lenton house share that I need someone to take over asap

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending