The Student Room Group

My sons payments have been blocked

My son has applied for student finance to start university in September. On his profile it shows his payments all being blocked. When he called student finance they were very unhelpful and weren’t sure what it could be even though it says to call them to see why the payments have been blocked. We can’t call them with him as we are away. My son is autistic and very distressed as he has tried and failed for two days to get answers. Can anyone help at all please?

Thanks
Original post by NHUGHES01
My son has applied for student finance to start university in September. On his profile it shows his payments all being blocked. When he called student finance they were very unhelpful and weren’t sure what it could be even though it says to call them to see why the payments have been blocked. We can’t call them with him as we are away. My son is autistic and very distressed as he has tried and failed for two days to get answers. Can anyone help at all please?

Thanks

Hi there,

If you son is a new student this academic year and his application has just recently been approved the most common reason for payments to be blocked would be, that we are checking his National Insurance number with the Department for Works and Pensions. This a normal process for all new students to check this is valid for repayment of their loans. This is a Wednesday to Wednesday process.

Once returned payment should show as awaiting confirmation, this will be sent over once your son has enrolled/registered on the course. His university will send us this information over electronically.

Hope this information helps.

Thanks Erin.
Hello, i have had a similar issue but i sent off my Ni no. And several weeks later. I had another letter saying it couldn't be verified and to send my ni no off but surely you don't need it again do you? My payments say blocked on all of them. Should i send it off again or should i wait a bit longer. I sent my Ni no. Around the end of March so surely they would have had time to look at it. I got my second letter mid AprilMany thanks
Original post by Lshorty02
Hello, i have had a similar issue but i sent off my Ni no. And several weeks later. I had another letter saying it couldn't be verified and to send my ni no off but surely you don't need it again do you? My payments say blocked on all of them. Should i send it off again or should i wait a bit longer. I sent my Ni no. Around the end of March so surely they would have had time to look at it. I got my second letter mid AprilMany thanks

Hi there, private message us on Twitter or Facebook and we can check this.
Thanks, Isaac.

Quick Reply

Latest