The Student Room Group

My question is about the status of my ATAS application

I submitted my ATAS application on 18th July 2018 and estimation date of decision is 16th August 2018. However, I haven't received any confirmation. I checked the status of my application which says "submitted". There has been no updates. How do I contact them to check the updates on status of my application and when will I receive ATAS?

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Can anyone please help with the above question asap? My program starts on September 17 2018 and I have not received my ATAS certificate yet. I submitted my application on July 18th and the estimated date is 16th August.

Thanks
Original post by Shankbalkri
Can anyone please help with the above question asap? My program starts on September 17 2018 and I have not received my ATAS certificate yet. I submitted my application on July 18th and the estimated date is 16th August.

Thanks

That's an estimated date, and the gov.uk website says applications can take 20-30 working days. You're at 27 days now, so still within what's reasonable. If you don't hear anything by the weekend I'd contact the uni. I wouldn't be concerned at this stage.
Reply 3

Thanks

Did you get your ATAS Certificate? I applied about 4 days after you and I am still waiting.
Thanks in advance.
Neeraj
Reply 4
Original post by Duncan2012
That's an estimated date, and the gov.uk website says applications can take 20-30 working days. You're at 27 days now, so still within what's reasonable. If you don't hear anything by the weekend I'd contact the uni. I wouldn't be concerned at this stage.

Thank you Duncan2012. I will wait for few days and then contact the uni if I still don't receive it.
Reply 5
Original post by Neerk
Did you get your ATAS Certificate? I applied about 4 days after you and I am still waiting.
Thanks in advance.
Neeraj

Not yet Neeraj. I will update immediately after I receive ATAS certificate. BTW when is your start date?
Reply 6
Not yet Neeraj. I will update immediately after I receive ATAS certificate. BTW when is your start date?

My course will start from 21 September. Hope we both get it soon buddy.
Reply 7
Original post by Neerk
My course will start from 21 September. Hope we both get it soon buddy.

Thank you Buddy. Hopefully.

Cheers
Shankar
Reply 8
Thank you Buddy. Hopefully.

Cheers
Shankar

A friend of mine just got his ATAS today. He applied for it on 14 August. He had H3 Code. What was your course code mate? And what course and where will you be studying it?

Cheers
Neeraj
Reply 9
Original post by Neerk
A friend of mine just got his ATAS today. He applied for it on 14 August. He had H3 Code. What was your course code mate? And what course and where will you be studying it?

Cheers
Neeraj

Good for him! you mean he applied on 14 July? Usually it takes at least 20 days to receive ATAS certificate. My JACS code is F3 and my course is PhD in Physics at University of Huddersfield. What about you?

Cheers
Shankar
Reply 10
Good for him! you mean he applied on 14 July? Usually it takes at least 20 days to receive ATAS certificate. My JACS code is F3 and my course is PhD in Physics at University of Huddersfield. What about you?

Cheers
Shankar

No, 14 August. No typo in that. His was a taught course (MSc). Mine's H2 . I'll be doing MRes in modelling at Swansea University.

Neeraj
Original post by Neerk
No, 14 August. No typo in that. His was a taught course (MSc). Mine's H2 . I'll be doing MRes in modelling at Swansea University.

Neeraj

Oh, Really? Lucky chap. Good for him but weird too because it usually takes at least 20 days irrespective of the programme you apply to. My friend too did MRes but in NanoMed at Swansea and graduated a couple of years ago.

Shankar
Reply 12
Oh, Really? Lucky chap. Good for him but weird too because it usually takes at least 20 days irrespective of the programme you apply to. My friend too did MRes but in NanoMed at Swansea and graduated a couple of years ago.

Shankar

Nanomed . That's nice. Did you get it? I guess your 30 working days are over.

Neeraj
Original post by Neerk
Nanomed . That's nice. Did you get it? I guess your 30 working days are over.

Neeraj

Not yet Neeraj. I know today is 30th day and the status is still the same, "submitted". I will contact the university on Monday. What about you? Did you get any update on your ATAS?

Shankar
Reply 14
Not yet Neeraj. I know today is 30th day and the status is still the same, "submitted". I will contact the university on Monday. What about you? Did you get any update on your ATAS?

Shankar

Not yet Shankar. It's the same ,"submitted". I contacted my university and they are contacting ATAS team.

Neeraj

Neeraj
Original post by Neerk
Not yet Shankar. It's the same ,"submitted". I contacted my university and they are contacting ATAS team.

Neeraj

Neeraj

I see. My university said they are not in a position to contact the govt department who issue the ATAS certificate and advised me to wait.

Shankar
I see. My university said they are not in a position to contact the govt department who issue the ATAS certificate and advised me to wait.

Shankar

Hello buddy, Did you get any update from your university/or ATAS?

Shankar
Reply 17
Hello buddy, Did you get any update from your university/or ATAS?

Shankar

Nope. The suspense is still on. Apparently the time taken by ATAS team to respond to a mail is 3-4 working days. How about you?

Neeraj
Original post by Neerk
Nope. The suspense is still on. Apparently the time taken by ATAS team to respond to a mail is 3-4 working days. How about you?

Neeraj

No updates buddy. As I said earlier, my university can't contact the govt body that issues ATAS certificate so I will have to wait. Let's hope we get it soon.

Shankar
Reply 19
I got it Shankar . I think you'll get yours too soon. If you have already got it congrats.Neeraj