The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RazzzBerries
Ooof. Yeah, sounds rough. I'm already failing history so I need all the easy subjects I can get lol. OK, I see the tag thing! My idea is that when I do my weekly post, whenever someone wants to be in the tag list I'll add them in that box. I was going to do that initially but I didn't realise there's acc people interested in my boring life, but if you do want to be tagged then ofc!! x

I wish I could help more with history, but there's some great people on this site who got amazing grades last year on your units who'll be more than willing to give you a hand if you're struggling:smile:
Yeah sounds good! You're gonna smash it this year my dude:biggrin:
Original post by troubletracking
I wish I could help more with history, but there's some great people on this site who got amazing grades last year on your units who'll be more than willing to give you a hand if you're struggling:smile:
Yeah sounds good! You're gonna smash it this year my dude:biggrin:

Thank you! Ugh yes, I loved history before but I literally cannot now xD My mocks were A DISASTER. And since there's a lot of content with the 4 papers, that mock was the only mock I can do for Crime and Punishment and Elizabeth and I got a 5 for my overall grade :'( I want to do Law too, so I NEED good results for History. Life is hard.

Thanks, I honestly don't want to win the GYGs, just a place to express my feelings and rant for a bit loool. This is a really good idea though, I'm glad someone thought of it. Thanks for the support, it means so much! x
Original post by pinegrove
crime and punishment and early elizabethan england were my favsss man, if you ever need help hmu! or just a general chat about it because there's some overlap with my AS content that might just help you with contextual knowledge and im such a nerd im getting excited even thinking abt it arghhh

A history nerd?! I NEED YOU IN MY LIFE GURL. I may need to PM you soon, I failed Crime and Punishment and Elizabeth so bad and I'm finding history as a whole really difficult. Thank you, will talk to you soon xx
Heyyy ((:

Fellow year 11 here! Can't wait to read your updates, tag me please aha . Oooh I've taken history too, and honestly I can relate so much. It literally went from my favourite subject from ks3 to my most hated :// , there's just too much content
Thank you! Ugh yes, I loved history before but I literally cannot now xD My mocks were A DISASTER. And since there's a lot of content with the 4 papers, that mock was the only mock I can do for Crime and Punishment and Elizabeth and I got a 5 for my overall grade :'( I want to do Law too, so I NEED good results for History. Life is hard.

Thanks, I honestly don't want to win the GYGs, just a place to express my feelings and rant for a bit loool. This is a really good idea though, I'm glad someone thought of it. Thanks for the support, it means so much! x

The thing that worked miracles for my history was my exam technique. Knowing whether or not you need a conclusion, knowing where to link and how many of your own points you need can 110% save your ass when you feel like you don't know anything. My history exams went terrible and I was lowkey blagging my way through the factual detail, but a strong essay structure helps you still pick up loads of marks.
Also, a 5 is a great grade for year 10 mocks! You have to remember you have a whole year to learn content, revise content and practice writing essays, and already you've passed! A lot can happen in a year. I got a 6 in my March mock for history and came out of with a 9 in the end. It's never too late!:smile:
My gyg from last year was probably got me through my GCSEs lmao (it was a great place to vent all my post-exam stress:biggrin:) No problem ahah, year 11 honestly flies by, I hope you enjoy this year:h: (i mean, at least before May haha:redface:)
Original post by bowl-of-rice
Heyyy ((:

Fellow year 11 here! Can't wait to read your updates, tag me please aha . Oooh I've taken history too, and honestly I can relate so much. It literally went from my favourite subject from ks3 to my most hated :// , there's just too much content

Hi! I will do, thanks! Yessss, same. GCSEs have pretty much ruined all my favourite subject. :'(. You'll see me moan a lot about that here lol. I'll have a tag list soon, when I find the best way to do it xD. xx
The thing that worked miracles for my history was my exam technique. Knowing whether or not you need a conclusion, knowing where to link and how many of your own points you need can 110% save your ass when you feel like you don't know anything. My history exams went terrible and I was lowkey blagging my way through the factual detail, but a strong essay structure helps you still pick up loads of marks.
Also, a 5 is a great grade for year 10 mocks! You have to remember you have a whole year to learn content, revise content and practice writing essays, and already you've passed! A lot can happen in a year. I got a 6 in my March mock for history and came out of with a 9 in the end. It's never too late!:smile:
My gyg from last year was probably got me through my GCSEs lmao (it was a great place to vent all my post-exam stress:biggrin:) No problem ahah, year 11 honestly flies by, I hope you enjoy this year:h: (i mean, at least before May haha:redface:)

Thanks, let's hope so lol! Ooh, your GYG is getting judged now right? Good luck! x
According to the old year 11s, they're supposed to be the good ones xD I've done Elizabeth, that was good. Starting Cold War in September, we'll see how that goes lol. Yes of course! Could you tell me how to do a tag list? I'm new xD And thank youuuu, I'm going to need it >.<

as an old year 11 I can confirm that they are great- I had really low expectations for Liz but really liked it:wink: there was some interesting content on expeditions to the USA (colonisation)
Just type @ then the username and click on it when it appears in a list:wink:
Thanks, let's hope so lol! Ooh, your GYG is getting judged now right? Good luck! x

Actually forgot it was a competition until that notification, but thank you! Don't think it's my calling though:redface:
Original post by Toastiekid
as an old year 11 I can confirm that they are great- I had really low expectations for Liz but really liked it:wink: there was some interesting content on expeditions to the USA (colonisation)
Just type @ then the username and click on it when it appears in a list:wink:

Thanks! I've tried it, but some usernames don't come up? Like you for example, I literally just tried it. I made sure which letters were caps as well :dontknow:
Actually forgot it was a competition until that notification, but thank you! Don't think it's my calling though:redface:

Aww, well at least it's nice you got a little hub on TSR. This is a good feeling ngl. I feel loved xD
Aww, well at least it's nice you got a little hub on TSR. This is a good feeling ngl. I feel loved xD

Hahahaha, very true indeed:smile:
Thanks! I've tried it, but some usernames don't come up? Like you for example, I literally just tried it. I made sure which letters were caps as well :dontknow:

That’s really weird...
If you’re on a laptop you can hit the tag button and then type in a name which should work (will pop a photo in a spoiler)

Spoiler

That’s really weird...
If you’re on a laptop you can hit the tag button and then type in a name which should work (will pop a photo in a spoiler)

Spoiler

Yeah, that's the button I tried. I tagged you now for this post, does it work?
Yeah, that's the button I tried. I tagged you now for this post, does it work?

No...
Did it have the little tagged bit at the bottom? Should say who you’ve tagged

Spoiler

No it didn't come up waaa :'( . I think I''ll just do it the old fashioned way by tagging everyone in the actual post. Thanks for the help x
Sorry to be a pain haha xD. If you're tagged here, then you are some of the people in particular that I would like to thank for welcoming me to TSR like the lost little lamb I am, whether we had common interests and talked in a forum, or we admired pens together (I see you ryanthom100). THANK YOU SO MUCH TO:
@Ryanthom100
@Loci Pi
@clouddbubbles
@Hammadax1
@London090
@Ferrari101
@exols
@pinegrove
If you guys have GYGs too, PM me the name (or on here if you want!) and I'll be sure to keep an eye out for it!
Again, thank you so much!!!! xxx

Aww thanks for the mention I really appreciate it. If u need anymore advice about pens or year 11 then feel free to ask 😂
No it didn't come up waaa :'( . I think I''ll just do it the old fashioned way by tagging everyone in the actual post. Thanks for the help x

:sadnod: that’s so strange...
No problem (not that I really helped:laugh:)
Original post by Ryanthom100
Aww thanks for the mention I really appreciate it. If u need anymore advice about pens or year 11 then feel free to ask 😂

Thank you xx
:sadnod: that’s so strange...
No problem (not that I really helped:laugh:)

No I'm sure you did, it's just this wackjob of a laptop. Time to upgrade to a MacBook. AHEM PARENTS.

Latest

Trending

Trending