eng lit - 9
bio - 7
chem -8
phys- 8
history - 7
rs -7
spanish -7
computing -7

Wow they’re good but gcses don’t matter. It’s the alevels grades and subjects you pick
Original post by Student guest
Wow they’re good but gcses don’t matter. It’s the alevels grades and subjects you pick

what subjects matter?
Reply 6
Original post by studentgirlx
are my gcses good enough?
Maths - 7
eng lang - 8
eng lit - 9
bio - 7
chem -8
phys- 8
history - 7
rs -7
spanish -7
computing -7

You're GCSE's are not good enough alone. But combined with a Good PS and atleast 2A's and a B minimum at AS and an A*AA prediction for A2, you will get an offer from UCL for Economics 100%. Enter the Royal Economics society essay competition during the summer between AS and A2 and put that in your PS also. Read 1 Economics book at put that in your PS also and you are guaranteed an offer.
Take Maths,Further Maths, Chemistry/Physics and any other subject you want(eg. Economics) for A levels. You have the option to drop Further Maths after AS. Since you achieved a 7 in GCSE maths I think your sixth form may not let you do further maths. If you cant do it, its okay, just enter a maths competition during year 12/summer between AS and A2 and put that in your PS. Also get >90% in AS Maths to get that A* A level prediction.
(edited 5 years ago)
what subjects matter?

Depends what you wanna study
Original post by RivenOTP
You're GCSE's are not good enough alone. But combined with a Good PS and atleast 2A's and a B minimum at AS and an A*AA prediction for A2, you will get an offer from UCL for Economics 100%. Enter the Royal Economics society essay competition during the summer between AS and A2 and put that in your PS also. Read 1 Economics book at put that in your PS also and you are guaranteed an offer.
Take Maths,Further Maths, Chemistry/Physics and any other subject you want(eg. Economics) for A levels. You have the option to drop Further Maths after AS.

hi, thanks so much but i do not have the option of taking further maths at a-level since u need an 8 to do it . will this be a major disadvantage? i will be doing maths physics chemistry econ
what subjects matter?

Take Maths,Further Maths, Chemistry/Physics and any other subject you want(eg. Economics) for A levels. You have the option to drop Further Maths after AS.

You don’t have to take Further Maths/Chemistry/Physics. Take Maths, Economics and any two subjects you enjoy or are good at. It’s better to be one of the facilitating subjects too

You don’t have to take Further Maths/Chemistry/Physics. Take Maths, Economics and any two subjects you enjoy or are good at. It’s better to be one of the facilitating subjects too

thats the subjects i am good at, so i want to take them. do u think even without an Further maths i can get into UCL or warwick, not really looking at LSE or Cambridge
hi, thanks so much but i do not have the option of taking further maths at a-level since u need an 8 to do it . will this be a major disadvantage? i will be doing maths physics chemistry econ

Not at all. Those Subjects are also fine. Look at my post above I have edited it^^. You don't need to do Economics at A level either. Economics at A level is not the same as Economics at UCL/Warwick/LSE. I have a friend last year/this year(We just finished Year 13) who got AABB at AS and did Maths, Econ, Chem,Bio. He got an offer from UCL for Economics.

Yes, You don't have to. But to maximise chance of getting an offer I told he/she the best subject combination to take.
Yes, You don't have to. But to maximise chance of getting an offer I told he/she the best subject combination to take.

thank you so so much!! do you know what your friend got at gcse?
thank you so so much!! do you know what your friend got at gcse?

He got 4A*s 4A's and couple B's and maybe a C or two(cant remember). But defo got 4A*s at GCSE.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending