The Student Room Group

What subject should I drop?

Let's just say I didn't exactly do well in year 12. Currently I'm doing Maths, Biology, Physics and Welsh Baccalaureate as my A-Levels. My exam board is WJEC. In maths I had an E in pure and an U in applied. In physics I had a D and E. In Biology I had two D's. In Welsh Baccalaureate I had a distinction (equivalent to an A). I'm hoping to drop either physics or maths for year 13 and use Welsh bacc in place of one of my A-Levels when I apply. The degree I want to go for only specifically requires biology A-level and will accept Welsh bacc in place of an A-Level. I'm unsure of which subject I should drop since for physics I could get away with only resitting one exam whilst in maths I'd have to resit both.

Also, won't my predicted grades for when I apply to uni be really low? The minimum entry requirements for the degree I want to pursue is CDD. If my predicted results are below the entry requirements will I be rejected and have to take a gap year?

Cheers.
Drop maths than if going by AS alone your predictions will probably be distinction D D
Reply 2
Original post by Frowlands
Drop maths than if going by AS alone your predictions will probably be distinction D D

Would the uni consider me if I had a distinction D D?
Original post by hlep
Would the uni consider me if I had a distinction D D?

The one with CDD grade requirements? Yeah I think they'd probably accept you with that
Reply 4
Original post by Frowlands
The one with CDD grade requirements? Yeah I think they'd probably accept you with that

Good, thanks for the reply!

Quick Reply

Latest